These are chat archives for jdubray/sam

Jan 2017
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Jan 05 2017 00:28
:+1: my point exactly we need to disconnect human time from computer time, these leap seconds are ludicrous
Humans are much more inline with orbital time (seasons / sun rise/set) we are forcing a linear time on non linear biological processes (night/day). As a species, we are technologically insane.
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Jan 05 2017 01:55
React design principles exposed
react-arch
SAM's article was the most viewed/read article on InfoQ for 2016 - Thank you to everyone!
Joel / Junyong
@dyong0
Jan 05 2017 04:39
Hello, I just joined this room after reading the article https://www.infoq.com/articles/no-more-mvc-frameworks#anch132976
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Jan 05 2017 04:46
welcome! if you have any question let us know!
Marcus Feitoza
@mfeitoza
Jan 05 2017 05:43
Has anyone seen this?
devin ivy
@devinivy
Jan 05 2017 12:22
yes! very creative. i think jj has chatted with the creator of cerebral a bit.
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Jan 05 2017 15:28
Yes I did, I felt there was a good alignment with SAM, but the discussion didn't go much further.
Vincent Jo
@inrix-vincent-jo
Jan 05 2017 17:46
@dyong0 welcome!
@jdubray congrats!... that's cool... most read..
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Jan 05 2017 18:07
yes! that's one in 2000-3000 pieces InfoQ publishes every year, so not bad. Now if only I could get one or two projects from the 500k+ readers that's be awesome.
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Jan 05 2017 18:19
Is there actually a single piece of React's programming model which can be used "as intented" or is React just a hack over another? https://medium.com/@shopsifter/using-a-function-in-setstate-instead-of-an-object-1f5cfd6e55d1#.xme0so0xf
Vincent Jo
@inrix-vincent-jo
Jan 05 2017 18:31
reading through the article now.. I hate having to make sure when they mean 'state', I remap in my mind they mean a localized 'model'...urgg..
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Jan 05 2017 18:41
just too many unecessary if - then - else in their programming model, they would gain a lot by cleaning it up and be more prescriptive.
Vincent Jo
@inrix-vincent-jo
Jan 05 2017 19:11
Recently.. React in my mind is a glorified template... not really a framework...
but I would definitely work with React.js.. considering lack of choices in the market (what companies are using..) definitely better than Angular 1 and other MVC frameworks..
Marcus Feitoza
@mfeitoza
Jan 05 2017 19:13
In my point of view React is waste of time, you can achieve the goal with more simple and small frameworks like Inferno, Mithril or Preact
The point is React become a trend in market, here in Brazil almost all front-end jobs is Angular or React
Vincent Jo
@inrix-vincent-jo
Jan 05 2017 19:20
I used Inferno with SAM architecture while building a sample app... works really nicely..
Fred Daoud
@foxdonut
Jan 05 2017 19:31
If you use React just as a view layer with view = function(model) then to me it is fine as a VDOM library. I'm purposely not using setState, extends React.Component, lifecycle hooks and so on.
devin ivy
@devinivy
Jan 05 2017 19:33
@foxdonut how is the list-of-components problem going on your end?
Fred Daoud
@foxdonut
Jan 05 2017 19:46
@devinivy I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I'm currently experimenting with a different approach with Meiosis. So far, I think it's better -- more flexible, more driven by the model, easier to manage. Also, the view is completely decoupled and separated from the rest. And, as a result, I am happier with the list-of-components solution.