These are chat archives for jdubray/sam

Feb 2018
david kaye
@dfkaye_twitter
Feb 11 2018 17:19
James Kyle tweets farewell to Redux - very charged up thread - https://mobile.twitter.com/thejameskyle/status/962673162264571904
He's also trolling devs "scared" of OOP -
david kaye
@dfkaye_twitter
Feb 11 2018 17:44
See also my unfair retweet about how a backend team chose vue.js and shake your heads
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Feb 11 2018 20:34
@dfkaye_twitter my jaw dropped. No wonder why reactjs.org has virtually no mention of Redux.
let  sarcasm =  [`how in the world putting some code inside a pure function would make it better?`, `but what do I know?`]
sarcasm.join('... ')
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Feb 11 2018 22:19
VaseJS
@VaseJS
Feb 11 2018 22:22
@jdubray I’ve been following you for a while. read just about everything. SAM is its own beast. i found it because of your original article and my frustration with everyone and frameworks. so first thanks for that
but as i read your articles more, it seems you are sometimes too focused on React. SAM is great and doesn’t need to be compared to React. it can’t grow when doing so from a marketing standpoint. with our without React SAM is awesome!
I spent all yesterday going over TLA+ and understand SAM even better now.
As a marketing expert, one doesn’t mention their competition as a general principle. Just focuse on SAM and nothing else. but i don’t know how far you want to go with SAM. Just my thoughts
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Feb 11 2018 22:33
@VaseJS that is true. Thank you for reminding me. I tend to be allergic to "hype" that may explain (but not excuse) why.
@VaseJS welcome and thank you for your comments.
VaseJS
@VaseJS
Feb 11 2018 22:34
I was the same with ExpressJS (thats how I found you). Now i only talk about SAM vs anti-Express
Where do you want to go with SAM? I’ve been wondering about that.
you have a site, these gitter chats, github? whats the end goal?
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Feb 11 2018 22:36
Nowhere, I am using it on my projects. I don't have time and resources (or skills) to build a framework around it. Even if I did, I would prefer focusing on the pattern itself. It's more important (IMHO) to teach people some of the benefits of TLA+ than to convince them to put their hands and feet in another piece of concrete.
VaseJS
@VaseJS
Feb 11 2018 22:39
@jdubray i’m not suggesting a framework on any level. we don’t need another one :laughing:
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Feb 11 2018 22:39
In our industry we have always been jumping on the latest fad, I'd prefer if SAM was not a fad.
That's for sure.
VaseJS
@VaseJS
Feb 11 2018 22:39
thats what i mean.
do you want to continue promoting SAM itself, not a framework or lib?
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Feb 11 2018 22:40
Yes, that's my plan.
I have a uniform conceptual foundation (STAR) that spans from Strategy, Problem definition, Solution Specification (~User stories), Verification and Programming Model. That's my end game.
I'd like to make sure that foundation is correct, useful and simply make it available.