These are chat archives for jdubray/sam

2nd
Mar 2018
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Mar 02 2018 04:06
On the second part of the presentation, that's where you see the React team and Dan in particular have no understanding of temporal logic. What would you "hard-code" temporal behavior at the metamodel level? why not deliver a generic structure that would allow anyone to build what they need. Placeholders with timeouts? really? Again, it's all about Facebook use cases. One day all this will go away. We are on a clear path for "temporal programming" to emerge, my best estimate is that it will take about 5 years to add temporal constructs to major programming languages, unless a new one emerges before that...
I, of course, won't comment on createFetcher. Why would one think we can orchestrate everything, anywhere we want?
Victor Noël
@victornoel
Mar 02 2018 16:18
is there example of applying SAM in angular architecture but using ngrx for all the pipework (instead of reimplementing an observable-based architecture for letting the view access the state) ?
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Mar 02 2018 17:23
not that I can think of, I use ngrx's pub/sub to notify the view components of any changes (they subscribe to). Are you talking about something like MobX for Angular?
Paolo Furini
@pfurini
Mar 02 2018 17:30
that's something I always struggled with.. how could we implement a true reactive pattern to angular architecture?
david kaye
@dfkaye_twitter
Mar 02 2018 17:51
I'm just going to leave this here and wish you all a bon weekend https://hackernoon.com/redesigning-redux-b2baee8b8a38
Victor Noël
@victornoel
Mar 02 2018 18:01
@jdubray I'm not thinking of a framework more an example of doing exactly what you said "using ngrx's pub/sub to notify the view components of any changes", thta's what I had in mind
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Mar 02 2018 18:38
It's available here
Victor Noël
@victornoel
Mar 02 2018 21:23
@jdubray so instead of State as in the article, you would use ngrx Store for example?
Jean-Jacques Dubray
@jdubray
Mar 02 2018 22:00
Yes, again, from what I understand I prefer pub/sub because multiple components can subscribe to the same piece of the state representation. I use it (nearly) all the time. Basically hardwiring the building blocks of SAM is an anti-pattern, no matter how cool the wire looks like.
An observable is too much of a coupling. The control must remain in SAM the view must be functional from SAM's perspective (which does not precludes maintaining some ancillary, albeit non application, state)