Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Activity
    Nivedita Prasad
    @niveditaprasad81_gitlab
    Hello,
    I have created a draft proposal for the GSOC 2021, looking for your feedback.
    Link - Draft Proposal
    1 reply
    Sladyn
    @sladyn98
    Hey @niveditaprasad81_gitlab Great start, umm I am not able to suggest or add comments to this proposal, am I missing something
    Nivedita Prasad
    @niveditaprasad81_gitlab
    Hey @sladyn98 sry, I just changed the setting, are u now able to add a comment?
    kuro
    @adi10hero:matrix.org
    [m]
    Today's meeting is cancelled?
    Gareth Evans
    @garethjevans
    I don't think so, due to start in about 25mins
    kuro
    @adi10hero:matrix.org
    [m]
    Gareth Evans
    @garethjevans
    Hackmd has been updated, see you in about 15mins
    Shruti Chaturvedi
    @ShrutiC-git
    Hi team, I'm sorry the proposal has been delayed due to some personal commitments. However, if possible, I would absolutely love feedback on the proposal for CloudEvents Plugin https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MvdocqnKLOj2Sf8pqAsd4-GGhd9kl_VXGRPffBFNUOI/edit?usp=sharing. Thanks so much! (you might catch me editing there, still making some changes :))
    5 replies
    Sladyn
    @sladyn98
    Great proposals here :)
    Nivedita Prasad
    @niveditaprasad81_gitlab
    Hey @sladyn98 @waveywaves ! Please have a look on my proposal and give your feedback. Only one day left in the GSoC proposal deadline. So, please give your feedback. Here is the link
    5 replies
    Sagar Khurana
    @hellosagar
    Finally, I've sumitted my proposal :)
    Shruti Chaturvedi
    @ShrutiC-git

    Hi team, I'm sorry the proposal has been delayed due to some personal commitments. However, if possible, I would absolutely love feedback on the proposal for CloudEvents Plugin https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MvdocqnKLOj2Sf8pqAsd4-GGhd9kl_VXGRPffBFNUOI/edit?usp=sharing. Thanks so much! (you might catch me editing there, still making some changes :))

    Bumping this thread: i had to make the proposal private, however I have updated the access settings as suggested, and would absolutely love to hear feedback or comments from the mentors. thanks sm!

    Sladyn
    @sladyn98
    Thanks for all the proposals for the cloud native sig, great job everyone.
    I guess @waveywaves could have a look at the Cloud events plugin, I guess they are pending reviews, or anyone with some domain knowledge. That would be great
    1 reply
    kuro
    @adi10hero:matrix.org
    [m]
    Hello, are we meeting today?
    2 replies
    Barak Ni
    @3Bissim_twitter
    Hi everyone, happy to be here... intereseted on the pluggable storage initiative...
    6 replies
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja
    :wave:
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    2 replies
    We also have a BIG Tekton client plugin post staged on jenkins.io
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Cloud Native SIG is starting in 2 minutes :)
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Hi all, thank you @waveywaves and @garethjevans for a good discussion on the Tekton Client Plugin today! https://youtu.be/J8V8hTbuTR0
    1 reply
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Hi all, the Cloud Native SIG meeting for this Friday, 30 April, 2021, is cancelled as a number of the participants are attending a GSoC mentors meeting.
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Hi all, the Cloud Native SIG meeting for this Friday, 6 May is cancelled as many participants are at KubeCon this week! Enjoy!
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja
    yey kubecon :)
    Nivedita Prasad
    @niveditaprasad81_gitlab
    yes, Happy kubecon week everyone! :)
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    yey less meetings :)
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Next Friday there will be an online meetup about Tekton Client Plugin with @waveywaves @jstrachan and @garethjevans : https://www.meetup.com/Jenkins-online-meetup/events/278067201 . I suggest that we delay the SIG meeting by 30 minutes and use it for the meetup and the next steps discussion
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Great presentation and demo today! Kudos to @waveywaves @garethjevans, James, Himadri and @MarckK !
    I will do my best to publish the recording and to send the feedback for by the end of the day
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Excellent meetup, demo, and discussion today on Tekton Client plugin! Thank you all. :)

    The Jenkins Cloud Native SIG will meet as per usual today in one hours time. We will discuss the Tekton Client plugin and answer questions. Also, CloudEvents and other cloud native topics.

    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Thanks everyone who attended today's Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting: https://youtu.be/EpskXJQdoUA
    Nice follow up discussion on Tekton Client Plugin demo and discussion.
    Meeting notes here: https://github.com/jenkinsci/sig-cloud-native/blob/main/meetings.md#may-14-2021
    Sagar Khurana
    @hellosagar
    My application get rejected but still I learnt something
    Thanks everyone
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Thank you to everyone who applied to GSoC 2021. We had many excellent applications but unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we were not able to accept all promising applications. We thank all GSoC applicants for their interest in the Jenkins project and welcome their continued involvement with the community.

    The Jenkins GSoC admins will be emailing all applicants shortly.

    Tim Jacomb
    @timja

    I consider the azure artifact manager plugin actually usable now :tada:

    It now implements the proper functionality for optimising calls in the cloud:
    jenkinsci/azure-artifact-manager-plugin#21
    I reduced the API calls when listing artifacts on a Jenkins job screen from 68 to 1 :tada:

    Before I had noticeable lag after enabling the plugin locally and now no lag.

    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    Awesome @timja ! It would be great if you could showcase in the upcoming Cloud Native SIG meeing :)
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja
    can't tomorrow, I have an exam :)
    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    All the best for your exam ! Whichever week suits best for you then !
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Nice one @timja !
    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    Created a new channel for cloudevents plugin
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @waveywaves is it a misconnect? I see the Slack channel also
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Hi @timja, awesome work on the azure artifact manager plugin! :tada:
    Would you like to present to the Cloud Native SIG on June 4?
    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    @MarckK are we having a meeting this week ?
    2 replies
    @oleg-nenashev the channel on gitter will probably live long past the one on cdf because eveything jenkins is here. But I guess initially most of the conversation will be carried on in slack
    Created channel for tekton client plugin based on jenkinsci/tekton-client-plugin#180
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja

    Would you like to present to the Cloud Native SIG on June 4?

    Possibly I may have another exam :)

    1 reply
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Yesterday, we held the second community bonding meeting for GSoC CloudEvents plugin and already Shruti is doing impressive exploratory work!

    Note, the decision to record the meeting was taken about 10 minutes in. Thus, the recording starts just as Shruti shows her week's exploratory work and we map out next steps. We'll record future GSoC mentor meetings from the start.

    Video of meeting: https://youtu.be/wPxXGMerM78
    Meeting notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11uMgE29StGLZEeOTteRXWIOpohBFk9ztwj1JeiUv9-U/edit#

    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @/all Jenkins agent user survey, especially for cloud Jenkins users! Akihiro Kiuchi, a GSoC 2021 student in Jenkins/CDF, is looking for feedback about Jenkins remoting pain points, and how could we improve agent monitoring and troubleshooting experience with OpenTelemetry. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdiuQN3sm2mQ2E86VTXVXu7bf_9C0hVdzhw2_Kvu3DFqL7EZA/viewform
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @/all Time to try out Discourse for the SIG discussions?