Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Activity
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Next Friday there will be an online meetup about Tekton Client Plugin with @waveywaves @jstrachan and @garethjevans : https://www.meetup.com/Jenkins-online-meetup/events/278067201 . I suggest that we delay the SIG meeting by 30 minutes and use it for the meetup and the next steps discussion
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Great presentation and demo today! Kudos to @waveywaves @garethjevans, James, Himadri and @MarckK !
    I will do my best to publish the recording and to send the feedback for by the end of the day
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Excellent meetup, demo, and discussion today on Tekton Client plugin! Thank you all. :)

    The Jenkins Cloud Native SIG will meet as per usual today in one hours time. We will discuss the Tekton Client plugin and answer questions. Also, CloudEvents and other cloud native topics.

    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Thanks everyone who attended today's Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting: https://youtu.be/EpskXJQdoUA
    Nice follow up discussion on Tekton Client Plugin demo and discussion.
    Meeting notes here: https://github.com/jenkinsci/sig-cloud-native/blob/main/meetings.md#may-14-2021
    Sagar Khurana
    @hellosagar
    My application get rejected but still I learnt something
    Thanks everyone
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Thank you to everyone who applied to GSoC 2021. We had many excellent applications but unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we were not able to accept all promising applications. We thank all GSoC applicants for their interest in the Jenkins project and welcome their continued involvement with the community.

    The Jenkins GSoC admins will be emailing all applicants shortly.

    Tim Jacomb
    @timja

    I consider the azure artifact manager plugin actually usable now :tada:

    It now implements the proper functionality for optimising calls in the cloud:
    jenkinsci/azure-artifact-manager-plugin#21
    I reduced the API calls when listing artifacts on a Jenkins job screen from 68 to 1 :tada:

    Before I had noticeable lag after enabling the plugin locally and now no lag.

    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    Awesome @timja ! It would be great if you could showcase in the upcoming Cloud Native SIG meeing :)
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja
    can't tomorrow, I have an exam :)
    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    All the best for your exam ! Whichever week suits best for you then !
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Nice one @timja !
    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    Created a new channel for cloudevents plugin
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @waveywaves is it a misconnect? I see the Slack channel also
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Hi @timja, awesome work on the azure artifact manager plugin! :tada:
    Would you like to present to the Cloud Native SIG on June 4?
    Vibhav Bobade
    @waveywaves
    @MarckK are we having a meeting this week ?
    2 replies
    @oleg-nenashev the channel on gitter will probably live long past the one on cdf because eveything jenkins is here. But I guess initially most of the conversation will be carried on in slack
    Created channel for tekton client plugin based on jenkinsci/tekton-client-plugin#180
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja

    Would you like to present to the Cloud Native SIG on June 4?

    Possibly I may have another exam :)

    1 reply
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Yesterday, we held the second community bonding meeting for GSoC CloudEvents plugin and already Shruti is doing impressive exploratory work!

    Note, the decision to record the meeting was taken about 10 minutes in. Thus, the recording starts just as Shruti shows her week's exploratory work and we map out next steps. We'll record future GSoC mentor meetings from the start.

    Video of meeting: https://youtu.be/wPxXGMerM78
    Meeting notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11uMgE29StGLZEeOTteRXWIOpohBFk9ztwj1JeiUv9-U/edit#

    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @/all Jenkins agent user survey, especially for cloud Jenkins users! Akihiro Kiuchi, a GSoC 2021 student in Jenkins/CDF, is looking for feedback about Jenkins remoting pain points, and how could we improve agent monitoring and troubleshooting experience with OpenTelemetry. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdiuQN3sm2mQ2E86VTXVXu7bf_9C0hVdzhw2_Kvu3DFqL7EZA/viewform
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @/all Time to try out Discourse for the SIG discussions?
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Great GSoC meeting today!
    The meeting recording is up on YouTube: https://youtu.be/aAHOyO2almo
    Repo for CloudEvents plugin for Jenkins: https://github.com/jenkinsci/cloudevents-plugin

    This week there are a lot of fantastic events happening that may be of interest to you, including:
    GitOps Summit
    cdCon
    Jenkins Contributor Summit

    You can register to attend all of them, for free, here: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cdcon/

    Shruti will be presenting on the CloudEvents plugin for Jenkins at the Jenkins Contributor Summit! 🎉 🎉

    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Hi all,
    Thank you to those who could attend last Friday's Jenkins Contributor Summit!
    Shruti ran a session, which is awesome!
    At this Monday's meeting we started by discussing IBM's docs on Configuring Jenkins as an event source: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/cem?topic=integrations-jenkins

    Then Shruti demoed her work from last week. And we discussed questions on using Jenkins as a sink and the scope of Jenkins actions.

    Video of meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXDxM9h4D4Q&list=PLN7ajX_VdyaOFG9hTrswbO-ZK_n4B8CaG&index=1

    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Today's Cloud Native SIG meeting was super quiet; I'm hoping that means you all are enjoying holidays or just having a sunny summer Friday 😀 ☀️
    This excellent talk by Martin Kleppmann, is relevant for those with an interest in CloudEvents and event based systems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72W_VvFRqc0
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Awesome GSoC for CloudEvents plugin meeting today! Shruti demoed her latest work on the CloudEvents plugin, and we had an interesting feedback session.
    Video of meeting: https://youtu.be/4TPq_oCGegk
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Great GSoC CloudEvents plugin meeting today -- excellent work, Shruti! The meeting recording can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D8YG7AdLsU&list=PLN7ajX_VdyaOFG9hTrswbO-ZK_n4B8CaG&index=1

    Next week, we will be having a CDF meetup where all the CDF GSoC students will present their work, at the mid-point of GSoC coding phase. More information on the date and time for the presentation meetup will be coming shortly.

    Soumik Mukherjee
    @soumik-mukherjee
    Hello everyone, just joined this channel
    Looking to contribute to Jenkins cloud native efforts
    Am I even in the right place?
    Reading up ...
    3 replies
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK

    Hi all,
    Last week, we held GSoC midterm demos and Shruti's presentation on the CloudEvents plugin for Jenkins was awesome! The presentations will be shared shortly as soon as they are available from the CDF.

    Today's mentor meeting was super enjoyable. Great mentor guidance on how to leverage the Knative architecture for handling CloudEvents using a broker, to better understand those architectural choices, and to implement a similar PoC architecture for the CloudEvents plugin. The CDF SIG Events Protocol Proof of Concept was discussed in depth and can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/sig-events/blob/main/poc/README.md
    Today's meeting is now up on YT here: https://youtu.be/8SJ4zqd5-cU

    Last week's meeting is now up here: https://youtu.be/eQd6ivvA7mk.
    (Delayed due to GSoC presentations excitement.)

    A lot of that meeting was Shruti and I discussing architectural choices and looking forward to attending the CDF Event SIG which followed directly and where we learned a great deal more about Knative brokers and the SIG Events Protocol PoC. So this week's meeting was a perfect follow up. :)

    Thank you all, and especially Shruti, for your work and engagement!

    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Hi all, tomorrow's Cloud Native SIG will be cancelled as I am still in the US and and the SIG meeting is very early for me.
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Hi all. Are we meeting today?
    2 replies
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    Hi all, Due to a change in employment circumstances, I will no longer be able to lead the Jenkins Cloud Native SIG. I've had an excellent time during my involvement with the SIG and look forward to what you all accomplish in the future!
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja
    Good luck at your new place :)
    1 reply
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    FWIW I will not be able to lead the SIG meetings until after Christmas... due to a change in my employment circumstances too. I am happy to host ad-hoc meetings for many topics like Pluggable Storage, JCasC, Tekton support, Observability, etc. At the same time I would not like to commit to regular meetings right now until the dust settles
    Kara de la Marck
    @MarckK
    The Cloud Native SIG meeting is still on the Jenkins Events calendar as a bi-weekly meeting (https://www.jenkins.io/events/). Could it please be removed from the calendar until a new meeting schedule is set up?
    2 replies
    timbjames
    @timbjames
    Hello! I have arrived here via this jenkins project page https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/semantic-release-version/ and was just wondering if anyone here knew much about this? Or if they could listen to my requirements and point me in a direction?
    Gareth Evans
    @garethjevans
    Hi @timbjames, the gsoc project ended up being called the conventional commits plugin. There is a channel on here dedicated to it if you’ve got requirements
    1 reply
    Matthew Angelle
    @Mawos

    Hello! I was looking for a way to transparently store build artifacts outside of $JENKINS_HOME (like a network disc), and came across this SIG and have been reading up on Pluggable Storage, especially this post: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2018/07/30/introducing-cloud-native-sig/

    I was curious about something that I think is already implemented, but I can't seem to find more info about it; there is a line in the above link that reads:
    Jenkins Pipeline has been updated to support external artifact storages for archive/unarchive and stash/unstash

    Would anyone be able to direct me toward more info about this update? Or this line only referring to the Artifact Manager API? Thanks so much

    There are these implementations of pluggable storage: https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/extensions/jenkins-core/#artifactmanagerfactory
    AWS / Azure / not sure what the other 2 are
    Matthew Angelle
    @Mawos
    Thanks @timja ! I had noticed those and wasn't sure if these were what was meant by the reference to the archive/unarchive step, but that makes sense. The other two are the Compress Artifacts plugin and a Qiniu plugin. Sounds like I will need to create a local network storage implementation of my own! :)
    Tim Jacomb
    @timja
    :)