Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Activity
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Only Champaign, sorry // no
    halkeye
    @halkeye:g4v.dev
    [m]
    champion pain?
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    I will celebrate when GSoC is over :)
    Should change it to ""when the 2021 results blogpost is published" so that it does not get delayed by a few months this year
    werstatyw
    @werstatyw
    Guys, thanks for being so productive. Actually I've changed the deliverables significally when faced the actual problems with dev environment preparation.
    anyone needs a last-minute feedback from a fellow student?
    Onwukanjo, Innocent O.
    @Bliss911
    Just submitted my final proposal. Back to studying. I really have a lot to study for this project and Jenkins as well
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Sorry, was not around for the last minute feedback (too many crises to handle)
    @/all GSoC application deadline has passed! Thanks to everyone who has considered Jenkins and explored the project ideas. The final projects will be announced in one month. I will send an email to mentors by tomorrow so that we discuss the next steps.
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Will be ~5 min late to the meeting
    Mark Waite
    @MarkEWaite
    I'm running late as well. Will start the meeting as soon as I can.
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Or even more. My late lunch takeaway is being prepared by slowpokes. 25 min already... for a streetfood
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    And it is still warm after the meeting :)
    @/all We plan to cancel the GSoC office hours sessions by default until the projects are announced. We can host office hours on-demand, please ping org admins in the chat if needed.
    kuro
    @adi10hero:matrix.org
    [m]
    ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ
    Kristin Whetstone
    @kwhetstone
    +1
    werstatyw
    @werstatyw
    okay Oleg, pls post a video of it later on. I need to reschedule the event - no notification came through about today's office hours.
    hp77
    @hp77-creator
    oleg is there any channel specific for custom war packager?
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @hp77-creator I would suggest https://gitter.im/jenkinsci/platform-sig . Custom WAR Packager is a project under the Platform SIG umbrella
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @/all Reminder: There will be no GSoC office hours today unless there are any questions
    I have an action item to update the website and to reflect the current status
    werstatyw
    @werstatyw
    @/all I've created a private channel which will help me and fellow students to keep up with their projects. Will share some thoughts, personal progress and communication discoveries which you can use when working on your own. https://t.me/joinchat/FOZyiObO-0U2NmYy
    werstatyw
    @werstatyw
    @oleg-nenashev can I still make a corrections to my proposal? There'll be much work to do in "Further steps" and some of the deliverables might be changed a bit.
    2 replies
    hp77
    @hp77-creator
    Thanks everyone for their help during the proposal and in office hours. It was great being in those meets. All the best to the selected participants.
    1 reply
    Sagar Khurana
    @hellosagar
    My application get rejected but still I learnt something
    Thanks everyone
    1 reply
    Ayan Goel
    @GAyan17
    Thanks everyone, still I got rejected but learnt something out of it, and will continue to be a part of this amazing community which I got to know in this brief period of time.
    1 reply
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev

    @/all Dear all, the GSoC 2021 projects have been announced by Google: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5542063241691136/#projects. On behalf of the CDF GSoC org team, we would like to thank all students who have applied to our organization this year! We appreciate all your effort, regardless of the acceptance decision. We also thank all potential mentors who worked on project ideas, worked with students during the application phase, and joined us during the proposal reviews.

    This year we received dozens of great applications, but unfortunately we were unable to accept all of them. Our decisions are based on absolute and relative ranking of your proposal, number of project slots we received from Google and ability to form mentoring teams. This decision If your application has not been accepted, please wait for the individual feedback. We will send it within 24 hours. We invite everybody to keep participating in the CDF project and to consider Google Summer of Code next year. We also organize other outreach programs in the CDF and Jenkins, and you are welcome to participate!

    On behalf of the CDF GSoC Team, congrats to all accepted projects:

    • Shruti Chaturvedi, CloudEvents Plugin for Jenkins: Consume and Emit CloudEvents
    • Harshit Chopra, Git credentials binding for sh, bat, and powershell
    • Akihrio Kiuchi, Jenkins Remoting Monitoring
    • Pulkit Sharma, Security Validator for Jenkins Kubernetes Operator
    • Aditya Srivastava, Semantic Versioning Plugin for Jenkins
    • Daniel Ko, try.spinnaker.io

    Regarding plans for the next week:

    • You should receive communications from your mentors about scheduling the first project meeting, communication channels and the next steps. If you do not receive such message by May 21, please contact GSoC org admins
    • The next Jenkins GSoC office hours meeting on Wednesday WILL happen (May 19, 2PM UTC). We will discuss the community bonding phase and logistics for the GSoC projects. We will not be talking about project selection decisions there beyond basic Q&A.
    • In the next few days we will publish initial project pages https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/. Here is your first task: please create your contributor profile pages as documented here: https://www.jenkins.io/sigs/advocacy-and-outreach/outreach-programs/. We will use these profiles in the next steps.

    If you have any questions about next steps, please ask in the Jenkins GSoC Gitter chat, in the #GSoC channel in the CDF Slack workspace, or in the mailing list. For acceptance decision feedback, please contact org admins or wait for the feedback emails.

    Have a great summer,
    CDF GSoC org team

    1 reply
    stellargo
    @stellargo
    Congratulations to all, looking forward to the awesome projects that will come out of GSoC 2021 :star:
    sharmapulkit04
    @sharmapulkit04
    Thanks, everyone, for helping me out with the proposal, looking forward to working with you guys.
    1 reply
    Harshit Chopra
    @arpoch
    Thanks everyone for your support and giving me the opportunity to work on such a great project this summer.
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    A few emergencies today. Finishing feedback for aome of the students
    2 replies
    kuro
    @adi10hero:matrix.org
    [m]
    Thank you so much everyone for helping me throughout the application process and giving me this opportunity. Looking forward to an amazing summer working together :D
    kuro
    @adi10hero:matrix.org
    [m]
    Hello all, I had a question, is there a good source from where I can study about the Jenkins' core components and architecture, even jargons and other terminologies that's used in the org, I checked out the user docs page (it is not what I was looking for) and developer doc's Architecture section is WIP
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @/all We are starting the GSoC office hours: https://zoom.us/j/99217163913?pwd=TldwZWZTQzNNc3ZGaThFOThlckFGQT09 . Everyone is welcome!
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    @/all Video from the yesterday's community bonding kick-off session. If you are a student or mentor who is not sure about the community bonding expectations, please check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nR2eNa8HbQ
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Recording of the GSoC office hours on May 26: https://youtu.be/jwU_fRNaUu0
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    FTR tomorrow we will be doing a presentation about Google Summer of Code and whatโ€™s next for students who were rejected from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4iIKkAWH04 . Format - fireside chat. Join if you are interested!
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    We ended the meeting, no participants except me and Gareth
    3 replies
    Oleg Nenashev
    @oleg-nenashev
    Hi all! We are setting up a global Jenkins community Discourse prototype on https://community.jenkins.io/ . There is an experimental category for GSoC: https://community.jenkins.io/c/contributing/gsoc/ . If anyone is interested to participate, you can try it out for general-purpose Q&A
    1 reply
    Mark Waite
    @MarkEWaite
    I'll be hosting Google Summer of Code office hours in about 30 minutes. Meeting notes at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H0gJt1zdr37YDpuSLXSeFqYco_a_CIrAuZ1f0Oyl4XE/edit#heading=h.1muehw8ktbv7 . Will post the Zoom meeting link shortly before the session starts
    Mark Waite
    @MarkEWaite
    Office hours is live now at the Zoom meeting link https://zoom.us/j/99217163913?pwd=TldwZWZTQzNNc3ZGaThFOThlckFGQT09
    Mark Waite
    @MarkEWaite
    No recording of office hours today. No attendees. I used the time to review pull requests. All the best to students and mentors on the Google Summer of Code projects. Projects seem to be in progress and doing well
    sharmapulkit04
    @sharmapulkit04
    Hey @oleg-nenashev, can you share the recording for office hours on June 9.
    Sagar Khurana
    @hellosagar
    Hello everyone,
    I hope everyones project is going great! ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Mark Waite
    @MarkEWaite
    @sharmapulkit04 is offline for pressing family matters. I'll upload the office hours from June 9, 2021 very soon and will post the link here
    @sharmapulkit04 the video will be available at https://youtu.be/UYs8UUdFiB0 in about 30 minutes (rough guess based on typical processing times)
    1 reply
    Kristin Whetstone
    @kwhetstone
    No meeting today? I don't have anything pressing (just here to help)
    Mark Waite
    @MarkEWaite
    So sorry, I should have started the meeting 15 minutes ago. Since we've not seen any requests in this channel and had no one attending last week, I think we can skip the meeting this week.
    kuro
    @adi10hero:matrix.org
    [m]
    I was waiting for the host to start the meeting but then thought might be cancelled due to cdcon and contributor summit