These are chat archives for jenkinsci/jenkins

Mar 2018
Aionitoaie Andrei
@yozzz06_twitter
Mar 15 11:37
hi. i need to copy some artefacts to some slaves. But before you tell me to use copy artefacts plugin or something like this, my problem that i need those artefacts on a different node than where the scripts are running? so test script runs on Slave1 but I need the artefacts on slave 2 where the test actually are being run. any ideas?
CodeEngineOne
@CodeEngineOne
Mar 15 19:47
Somebody can help me with an issue of using SSH with GitHub private repository using jenkins in windows. The ssh works if I use it from git bash. But then I run a build from jenkins its trying to get a SSH key from somewhere else C:\Windows\TEMP\ssh7973633271874640973.key where my SSH is under c:\Users\MyUsername.ssh. I know that jenkins is runing under the local system logon as something like VP1004. Can any body suggest a solution for this. Have been looking everywhere online and cannot figure it out !!
Ken Rachynski
@kenrachynski
Mar 15 20:17
@CodeEngineOne create a service account for Jenkins and use that so you can use C:\Users\jenkins-service.ssh\
CodeEngineOne
@CodeEngineOne
Mar 15 20:20
@kenrachynski Thanks for the response !!. Can you elaborate a little bit more if you can please.
CodeEngineOne
@CodeEngineOne
Mar 15 20:39
For my git plugin I am using a credential which I created using the configuration as : Kind = SSH Username with private key, Private key = from Jenkins master ~/.ssh
Ken Rachynski
@kenrachynski
Mar 15 21:11
oh for git? put the private key into credentials and use that directly. no mucking about with service accounts
otherwise, create a user account on your jenkins host, give it service rights, change the service to log in using that account, put the private key in C:/users/<serviceaccountname>/.ssh and then you can continue to use from jenkins master ~/.ssh