These are chat archives for jruby-gradle/jruby-gradle-plugin

Jun 2015
R. Tyler Croy
@rtyler
Jun 04 2015 15:57
@mkristian I'm online now if you have questions about my comments on #126
Christian Meier
@mkristian
Jun 04 2015 19:11
@rtyler I did reply inline, but tell me about travis and the torquebox repo - I just did not want to introduce this where other tests were commented out (as I understood them)
R. Tyler Croy
@rtyler
Jun 04 2015 20:01
@mkristian I don't know what you mean about travis vs. torquebox
Christian Meier
@mkristian
Jun 04 2015 20:02
not versus but to use the default gems repo inside the integration test instead of setting up a flatRepo with deps from build.gradle
I guess there is no caching but not sure
I really do not see the advantage of those flatRepo which were there before I started working on those plugins.
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Jun 04 2015 20:05
Try to test when you don't have bandwidth - you'll soon notice why it's there.
Christian Meier
@mkristian
Jun 04 2015 20:07
for my maven tests I do have local proxy. did it not set it up for gradle yet but will soon. so I do not need bandwidth. but I guessed that caching is the point.
R. Tyler Croy
@rtyler
Jun 04 2015 20:08
@ysb33r we can mark tests as not offline compatible I thought
that's all we need
Christian Meier
@mkristian
Jun 04 2015 20:10
and for travis we test online - and default is offline. is something like this possible ?
a system properties via the commandline ?
well it was kind of there in those tests - but that is comment out. ???
R. Tyler Croy
@rtyler
Jun 04 2015 20:12
there's an --offline setting for gradle
that's what I was referring to, I thought @ysb33r added some code to allow it possible to still have online vs. offline tests
Christian Meier
@mkristian
Jun 04 2015 20:22
ok - I also can setup a local repo with empty gems. no extra bandwith still a complete maven repo via a file-url - let's see if this works with gradle. what thinks ?
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Jun 04 2015 20:27
I had some tests check for offline, which means that they are skipped.
The local repo works on the principle that it will copy from gradle cache to the local repo, and then serve that repo to to the tests.
This means that as long as you cache the deps whilst online, you can run the tests offline later.
rtyler @rtyler shakes fist at classpath issues
R. Tyler Croy
@rtyler
Jun 04 2015 22:46
@ysb33r as I ramp more people up on Gradle, the more I am embarrassed about the state of our documentation
@ysb33r do you know of any good html templates for asciidoctor to make a site look less shitty than jruby-gradle.github.io :()