These are chat archives for jruby-gradle/jruby-gradle-plugin

3rd
Aug 2015
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 15:56
Am now :P
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 16:42
Hi @raelik
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 16:43
howdy!
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 16:45
any clarity on the Unicode character as yet?
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 16:52
Other than it being cause by Gradle running the task, not yet
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 16:53
if you run a subset of the data closer to the offending character, can you reproduce the problem?
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 16:53
N o
It has something to do with the amount of data
If I decrease the size of the data set substantially, the problem disappears. It's why I didn't notice it until now
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 16:56
if you can convert most of the data to some other character i.e. a, can you still repdocue the problem? If so, at least we can get a reproducible case that does not contain customer data.
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 16:56
I might be able to try that
I just have a minimal amount of time I can throw at this currently
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 16:57
whenever is convenient for you
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 16:58
No problem, I'll put a gist link up here when I've got something for you
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 17:38
Ah, you might just be right.
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 17:39
It seems really naive, tbh
Probably should have a separate reader and writer thread, with a PipedInputStream (and PipedOutputStream) in-between
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 17:41
well, if you could a test file that reproduces the case, I would be willing to take this back to Gradle folks - especially given that the same code exists on master as well
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 17:42
Right, I'll definitely do that, might see if I can come up with a patch that fixes it while I'm at it
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 21:30
ok, I've come up with a pretty simple test that demonstrates the problem, which is definitely coming from the JavaExec task implementation in gradle itself, not anything to do with the jruby plugin
Schalk W. Cronjé
@ysb33r
Aug 03 2015 22:26
Excellent!
It is worthwhile discussing that in th Bugs section on http://discuss.gradle.org
Blane Dabney
@raelik
Aug 03 2015 23:15
updated that gist with a more simple test with easier to read output