These are chat archives for kevindeasis/cmput410-project

7th
Apr 2015
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:09
@gmeyer
what
how do they want friend request to be implemented
our friend request works for the demo
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:11
So issue is that they have to make a separate api call to add their user. Is it possible for us to do this automatically on our end?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:11
but I'm not sure how the other group wants it
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:12
Group 3 said it would be best if we could have it automatically add their user to the database
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:12
so when they use our api for friend request and the user isn't there
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:13
Right now they get 500 back
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:13
we add them
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:13
Oh, we do? Hmm...k, I'll double check then. May be something wrong on their end.
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:14
I meant
when they use our api for friend request
and their user isn't in our database
we just add their user to our database?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:15
Ideally
Or something similar so they don't get 500 back
Which is what they get right now unless they set up multiple api calls to check if the user is in our database and then add them manually if not
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:16
OK sure I'll do that in a few minutes
whose working on the video btw for the demo?
and connecting with the other group?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:18
I'm still working on connecting with group 3. Had to fix a bunch of api stuff but I'm back to connecting now.
Video I'm not sure. How much editing do you think we'll have to do?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:19
I'm not sure it's just for a backup just in case something goes wrong during the demo. plus we might have to flush out database tomorrow
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:26
It might be best to present using video clips instead of the live app...an always split it into parts demonstrating each feature and show those while we talk over it
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:39
sounds great.
whose doing the video btw?
cause they might have to flush the db
and do it once the rss is set up properly?
@audreyx any chance you can set up the rss so it shows up automatically
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:43
As long as we don't have any last minute coding stuff do, I can try to get up early and do that
the video that is, not rss
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:43
& based on the github username of the user
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:44
Not sure I'll actually have time to sleep tonight though, seems like we still have a fair bit to do
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 01:44
@gmeyer for the other groups
but for presenting I think we might be able to get away with what we have
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 01:48
@diego04 You mean show rss without cliking the button?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 01:53
We also have some odd things we have to fix on our end
If you click on a post, it doesn't show the author of the post and we can't go to their profile
we can't go to user profiles from the search author page
we can't actually search authors, so may want to change the name of that link
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 02:10
@audreyx yeah
and rss for their own github username
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:23
@/all ok so the deadline for the last push is tomorrow morning
is anyone working on the project tonight? if so what are you working on?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 03:26
I can work on the project tonight, in 121
CSC
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 03:27
finishing up api tests
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 03:27
ok
Acutally I am in CSC now, working on my 379 assignment
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 03:30
Just finishing up author stuff for team 3
they're still having problems with auth though so can't finish everything until that's up and running
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:30
ok im around campus as well
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 03:30
I'm working in uacs right now since team 3 is here
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:31
@chongyangye @gmeyer1 ok cool
@audreyx you still here?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:41
@gmeyer1 if they dont want a 500 im doing a quick fix
I might add the user later if we have time
Ill fix the rss right now
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 03:52
@diego04 I am back
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:53
Ok i got a question
would you be able to finish the rss tonight?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 03:53
Tonight I will work on the UI of the login page and RSS.
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:54
ok cool
login page look great
can you do RSS first?
so it does the RSS automatically, without hitting the button?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 03:54
So I don't need to change the login page anymore? Jeff told me to change it.
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:55
Then, the rss is based on their github username, if they dont have a github username, find a default one
you can, but can you do the rss first?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 03:55
Okay, I will work on it first. Firstly I need to understand those code....
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:56
Ok
ill help you
var feed = new google.feeds.Feed('https://github.com/diego04.atom');
thats the link
all you have to worry about is the github.com/username.atom
atom means its a username of a github user
if we dont have one find a default one
its an xml not json
but it works like a dictionary, essentially all the dictionary keys you need is in there
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 03:59
Let me see.....
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 03:59
all you need is jquery to parse their github username and actually pass that to github.com/username.atom
makes sense or no?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:01
"if we dont have one find a default one", isn't that we've got "diego04" there already?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:01
yes, but if they do have a github username we want to use theirs
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:01
You mean other groups?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:02
any user
our user, other groups user
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:02
Oh, I see
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:02
<label for="github">github username:</label> </br>
use jquery to parse that
github.com/ + "someusername" +".atom"
make sense now or not yet?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:03
Still have qustion
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:04
ok
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:04
Where did you find that code, <label for="github">....
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:04
in the html
line 94
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:05
GEt it
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:05
Ok good?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:05
Are you in the project tonight? Just In case I have trouble later.
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:06
ok yeah ill be around
  1. make it automatic, so you dont have to push the button
  1. parse the username and append to the link
2*
so do this first 1. make it automatic, so you dont have to push the button
then push it to github
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:07
Okay
I will tell you once finish step 1.
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 04:08
when was the last time anyone ran some test cases? When i run "./manage.py test" i get the error "django.db.utils.OperationalError: no such column: SocialNetworkModels_author.foreign_id"
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:09
@DylanCassidy I think everyone stopped running the tests
@DylanCassidy probbably just remove those test or remodify them to match the right column name
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:11
I think I'm almost done connecting to group 3...still have to deal with sending friend requests
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 04:12
no specific tests seem to be causing the issue. i also ran "./manage.py test RestApi.tests.PostTest.test_post_get" which is an empty test, still caused that error. apparently its a database issue
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:13
can you type python manage.py makemigrations
does it say anything?
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 04:13
Migrations for 'SocialNetworkModels':
0014_author_foreign_id.py:
- Add field foreign_id to author
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:14
do a migrate and see if that works then
python manage.py migrate
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:15
ok dylan
do a git pull instead
that should fix it
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 04:20
seems to be working fine now, thanks
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:23
ok great
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:26
One thing with that last push - it won't connect to group 3 unless you go into the nodes screen in admin and change user to cs410.cs.ualberta.ca for group 3's stuff
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:28
should I update this to VM
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:28
ok you guys push
ill do a push as well that lets us view the profiles
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:29
view which profiles?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:29
posters profile
in the searchauthors
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:29
ok
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:29
since we already have that in the home view
let me know when you guys are done pushing
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:29
after you push I will go to update our VM
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:31
ok awesome
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:31
huh, re-pulled and db was fine for nodes
not sure what's up there so just ignore me
hold on before you push, I need to make a change to the api as well
we aren't sending host authors
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:33
ok
go ahead
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:33
Oh, you go ahead and push if you want
I just meant before it gets put on the vm
sorry
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:34
ok
let me know when you done with pushing
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:34
ok im having merge conflicts from the last push itll take me a sec
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:36
Actually, disregard me, I'm not making changes
team 3 said they can do without
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:37
ok im done
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:37
ok I will go update our VM
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:38
One thing we need to make sure of before tomorrow is that our api is actually providing correct data
for example, host in author is hardcoded to be "someurl" when it should be cs410.cs.ualberta.ca
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:39
right
that was from the previous users
if we do a database flush
that should be gone
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:39
It's not a db problem
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:39
really
where is this?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:39
it's hardcoded in api.py
example is line 392
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:40
one sec
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:40
Had the same problem with all of our post api where it wasn't sending any actual data, changed that earlier this afternoon
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:41
thats weird
i thought i fixed that already from a previous push
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:42
I just fix your button and pushed. @diego04
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:42
yeah i see it
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:42
We may just want to change all our host stuff to say cs410.cs.ualberta.ca
like hardcode it in
so we don't run into problems even with old authors
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:43
VM updated
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:43
@gmeyer1 yeah we might just do that
@audreyx ok now can you do the next step
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:44
why I still can't see other groups pusts
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:44
Ok
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:44
@audreyx if they dont have a github username put a default one, if they do use theirs
@audreyx also remove the ones that has a dead link i suppose, like the images in the rss
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:44
@chongyangye I have no idea...it works locally on my laptop
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:45
@chongyangye works on mine as well
@chongyangye could be because of indentation
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:45
are you sure you refreshed everything on the vm?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:45
really?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:45
@chongyangye i dont know maybe
one sec
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:46
it should be refreshed, do you find anything not updated @gmeyer1 ?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 04:46
@diego04 Use your github name as defualt then.
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:46
@audreyx yeah sure
@chongyangye yeah i cant see the other groups lol
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:46
@chongyangye if it was refreshed, it should be showing posts from other groups
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:47
@chongyangye actually
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:47
let me check
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:47
i think the vm is not updated
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:47
Yeah, it's also not showing authors from group 3
which is working locally for me
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:47
or the html updates
might be a caching problem as well
not too sure
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 04:52
I see, after I pull from github I got pyc files
that causes supervisor restart fail
@/all check it now, should be working well
I can see posts from other groups
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:53
Yup, seems to be working
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:57
i didnt know we got marks for video
Video Demo 1:
Excellent 1: Video is well presented and not boring, less than 2 minutes.
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 04:57
Yeah
My guess is they'll mark that part fairly easily
not boring is hard to judge
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 04:57
oh yeah for sure
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 05:09
@diego04 Can you give me a user that has a valid github name? I need that user's username and password. Also a user that doesn't have a github name or invalid github name.
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 05:09
wait, we need github password too?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 05:12
no, just password for our system
to login our system
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 05:26
admin admin
sorry
@audreyx just go to their profile
and edit their github username
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 05:27
Oh, yes, I can do that
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 05:30
api tests are done
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 05:54
@/all I think I might go get a bit of sleep since I'm completely worn out. I'll be up by around 3 or 4 to help finish things up.
Big things that are left that I know of are:
  • make sure github stuff is working
  • send friend requests to other groups
  • make sure our api isn't sending dummy data
  • video
if anyone needs me while I'm getting some sleep, my phone number is is 780-224-5490
feel free to call and wake me up
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 05:59
good night
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 06:05
@diego04 RSS is displayed according to the user's github name. I try to change the github id back and forth and the RSS is shown correctly. I also try to delete the github name into empty string, then the default RSS will be your diego04. Now I try to make the format prettier.
I did all the above tests under the user "admin"
Anyone making video tonight?
@/all
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 06:09
I'll work on it in the morning
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 06:09
we can only make the video after everything works well
as well as UI
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 06:40
@diego04 Are you there Kevin?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:02
@audreyx yeah
whats up?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:07
@diego04 Problem solved. Now the RSS is in the panel box and look like this:
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:07
Ok great, thanks
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:08
Screenshot from 2015-04-07 01:08:23.png
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:12
Looks nicer, thanks
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:12
Good
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:12
I finially finish my 379 assignment
back to our project!
what else left
Are there any problems on posts/authors/profiles?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:16

Message from Glenn: Big things that are left that I know of are:

make sure github stuff is working
send friend requests to other groups
make sure our api isn't sending dummy data
video

if anyone needs me while I'm getting some sleep, my phone number is is 780-224-5490
feel free to call and wake me up

Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:17
I will go to check the api
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:17
Oh, that's Glenn's phone....
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:17
I see
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:17
Not mine
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:18
are you guys working one the github and friend request right?
on
@audreyx @diego04
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:21
No, I am working on login UI
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:21
@diego04 what about you
@audreyx did you change the headings? if not I can do that
I will write some descriptions about our project
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:22
@chongyangye not really
so what about friend request
for us we are doing it locally
if you try adding someone from group 6 or 7
it adds that user in our database
then we can add them
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:23
Are we going to send them back the relationship?
after we comfirm in our end
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:24
not really
we just send {}
back
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:24
@chongyangye heading of what?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:25
ive been looking at the other groups api
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:25
Do they have a API to receive our comfirmation or rejection of the friend request
@audreyx the bottom thing on each page
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:25
they have to query our API for that
thats what they want us to do as well
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:25
That's good
we can do that locally
right?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:26
ok im not sure ill just describe the flow
We have a user named group7
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:26
ok
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:26
server6 has a user named group6
if WE add group 6 in our website
we turn group 6 as our uer
user*
that way we can add them as a friend
and confirm the friend request
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:28
@chongyangye
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:28
What if group 6 send group7 a friend request
@audreyx yes
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:28
Screenshot from 2015-04-07 01:28:04.png
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:28
@audreyx good job
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 07:28
Thanks
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:29
well they do it locally on their end as well
and they call our api
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:29
haha
that's interesting
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:30
This would be easier and more correct if the requirements exposed alot more api
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:30
That's what group6 did, right?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:30
i dont know.
im not sure what the other groups are doing as well
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:31
Do you remember I told you about my thinking of solving this?
create a friend request table
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:32
yes and then
i remember most of it
but i cant remember the exact details
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:32
we got a friend request from them, after we comfirm or reject, this record will be deleted from the table, we can write ajax to check the table
after we comfirm, send them back the relations
by using a post request
if we reject, just don't do anything
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:34
if we confirm, we have to send them something right
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:34
right
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:34
where would we send it
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:34
in order to do this, two of our group need to have this kind of API
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:35
lol
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:35
to receive the post request
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:35
yeah that makes sense
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:35
but it's too late
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:35
but im not sure if theyre going to do that
yeah lol
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:35
don't worry, the requirement is not that clear on this part
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:35
So, what else can we do to maximize our marks right now
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:36
Because user on their server should not have permission to login on our webpage
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:36
yeah pretty much
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:37
so just ignore that
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:37
Ok so, i think this is what we have left then
Do you see any red flags?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:37
in the video demo we can just do a friend request locally, I think it's good enough
no
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:38
yeah i think so to
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:38
what about the ajax
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:38
We have one ish
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:38
good enough
don't forget the documents
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:38
for the rss
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:38
write as much as you can
greate
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:39
ok so i guess we only have to work on presentation ad video
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:39
no, I will work on the design
the last few pages need to have a mock up something
I am going to work on that
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:40
ok, ill look for some other stuff thats bothering me
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:40
And comments on our code
BTW does the comments on posts load from other server work?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:40
yeah and cleaning up
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:41
Add license on the top of each file
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:41
really they want each file?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:41
I don't know, I did it on 301
it's ok, just ignore that
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 07:41
im not sure im about to query other groups
well actually
i dont have password for some of them
ill just have to skim their api
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 07:42
ok
I will go check our API first, and then work on the Mockup
Probably I won't touch our code
just give me a notice when I need to update our VM
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:06
@diego04 for the comments part, we commet their posts(other group), just leave it like that?
or we store the posts we comment locally then store comment to it
like our local one
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:24
I've updated the login page. Just a little bit nicer. I have to take a nap...
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:25
ok, are you planning to weak up before deadline?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:26
Other UI stuff to work on?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:26
no I guess
@audreyx quick question before you sleep
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:28
Oh, yes, do best to upload headpic for all users. Oterwise it will challenge my UI for the search_user page.
what question
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:28
that's what I am going to ask you
the head pic
do you have it on your labtop?
stored in our profileimage folder?
if so, it should be displayed
I just cloned the recent version
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:32
In the neweset version in the repo, headpic for users of group "foreign" are auxiliary assigned by plugging a img url. Group 6 have no picture because they seems haven't touch that part yet. For those in group 7 headpic are shown nicely except who doesn't have headpic at all.
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:32
should we just delete the first for loop in search_users.html?
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:33
Let me see.....
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:34
this page display users from group6 on the top as well as the bottom
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:35
I conserved the structure of the original code and just change the UI. So you can decide whether to delete the loop or not actually.
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:36
ok, I will double check the information on this page
good night
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:38
Good night. I will probably wake up after 8.
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:38
ok
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 08:39
If something urgent, my phone is 780-902-2826
@/all
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 08:39
np
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 09:06
@diego04 I just check the API, should be good
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 09:36
@diego04 I think documents part done, I improved the design, feedback address\
that should be good enough
@gmeyer1 you weak up?
did you finish the "stop sharing with the other group if we delete them in the node?"
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 09:42
@diego04 you still there?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 09:49
I will update our VM
Maybe not
I will update it in the morning
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 10:01
@chongyangye No, that wasn't done. I'll add it to my list. Getting back to work in a few minutes.
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:02
in search user page, I change the name of the page to users list, for now we can not load users from group3 I think, for other people, ours and group6 users, we can check their profile by click on their name
@gmeyer1 great
I just pushed
make sure you pull
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 10:03
admin, ashley, and all the users after that are group 3's
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:04
ok, let me check the html
ok, that's done
for friend request part, as we discussed, do it locally, does Kevin work on that?
if so , the only think left to me is comment I think
I will store the comments locally and send them a put request
that should be good enough, it will display on our end
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:28
@/all we can now reply posts not from our server
lol
The only thing left is friend request
@gmeyer1 are you there
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 10:30
yup
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:30
I think the only part left is friend request
how long you need to fininsh vedio
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 10:31
A couple hours at most
hopefully
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:31
@diego04 is back!
@diego04 are you there
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:32
yeah im reading
whats up
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 10:32
since it will involve editing together a bunch of tiny little clips
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:32
we need your friend request
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:32
ok how does the flow work
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:32
are you done with the local one
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:32
wait wasnt local one done before
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:32
we store user on our DB
no no no I meant for users we load from other server
save the user who send request to us
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:33
oh that
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:33
and after we click yes
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:33
so when they do a friend request
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:33
the relation should be establish
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:33
we add them to the db
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:34
I am a little bit headache
so, I am not clear about that part now
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:34
same here man
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:34
ok
just ignore what I said
the comments part was done
the comments we posted to posts loaded from other server will be stored on our DB
display on our end
and send put request to them
I don't care if they receive this or not
is that ok?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:36
yeah it shouldnt matter
since that wasnt part of the marks, but cool
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:36
ok, the code should be done
video
@gmeyer1 seems you can start to do our vedio
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:37
I just want this semester to be over haha
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:37
after you done with the "stop sharing"
me too
lol
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:38
Ok, i see what you guys have done with the project
looks good
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:38
good on our end
just play with it
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 10:39
Anyways, let me know if anything else comes up. I'm taking a nap again
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 10:40
ok, @gmeyer1 let me know if you need help, my phone number is 7809076832, call me, don't text me
I need to go home
@gmeyer1 if you can clean our code like adding comments and remove the lines of code we comments that will be great
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 10:41
Sounds good, have a good night
Will try to find time to clean up code. Have to do some ui cleanup as well so may be pushing it
I'll see if @DylanCassidy can help with that too if he's up soon
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 11:13
@/all don't forget to update contributions in the part 3 wiki page!
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 12:03
@/all was adding foreign friends ever finished?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 12:42
Made a bunch of UI changes, should be good enough now though. However, not sure how to add foreign friends if that was implemented so I just disabled those buttons.
Also, not gonna have time to block nodes and changing that last second could break other groups connecting to us, so I'm just gonna leave it
@diego04 did you add the ability for us to send friend requests to the other groups?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 12:57
@gmeyer1 yeah just click befriend
they get registered in our database
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 12:58
the befriend button had been removed
I had to re-add it
I had to re-add it
for foreign users that is
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:07
@diego04 not sure what to add for the call though when those buttons are pressed
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 13:09
just an href
/addforeign/{{authorlist.displayname}}/{{authorlist.id}}
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:11
both of the things being passed are their id?
Or is one the current id
er their id/name
Also, do can we follow foreign or should I just ignore that?
Kevin De Asis
@kevindeasis
Apr 07 2015 13:19
one sec
ok so just follow the href in these befriend buttons
then it should be fine
note: there are 3 befriend buttons. they all use different hrefs
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:31
here's what I have videos of so far:
  • register
  • login and view public posts
  • comment on posts (used foreign as an example)
  • create posts
  • view profile
  • add friend
  • add foreign friend
Is there anything I'm missing that anyone can think of right away?
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 13:31
it should be less than two minutes, i think
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:32
Yeah
Gonna start editing, but if someone can think of something else to add, let me know
Also, can someone please do a pull and test that friend stuff is all working, maybe you could do that @DylanCassidy ?
Just cause I was messing with the buttons
@/all Also, gonna remind everyone again since no one has done it yet - be sure to update your contribution for part 3 in the wiki!
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 13:33
where are the buttons that you want me to test?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:34
the page that lists the authors
and profiles for local authors
if you could
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 13:38
looks like its all working
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:39
cool, thanks
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 13:39
i am able to befreind forign authors, and they become local authors that are now my friend
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:39
sweeeet
Also, wanna find me some music for the video :D
cutting it a bit close here with editing so any help would be appreciated
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 13:54
i cant find any public domain music without vocals
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 13:54
Look harder man!
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 13:58
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:02
Something infomercially
like you would see in a cheesy training video
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 14:04
cant find that in the public domain. also, the public domain music websites suck
he also said that we should not expect to have sound for our demo
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:04
I know
but we aren't showing the video in our demo
not the full thing anyway
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 14:05
really? 2 minute video in 7 minute presentation?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:15
not sure I have time to add it now anyway...
just finished editing stuff together
just finished editing stuff together
It's not my greatest work but it gets the job done
Also, what you mean you own that music?
Can we use it for our project?
@DylanCassidy
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 14:18
yes. i have a personal license for it. non-commercial (so school projects are fine)
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:18
I may grab it and see if I can get it done in time after I have all this exported
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 14:19
emailed it to you
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:25
Should I add the video to the repo or just put it on youtube?
Should I add the video to the repo or just put it on youtube?
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 14:26
youtube and put a link in readme?
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:32
Ok, link is in
no sound, I may re-export later with music in and just update the youtube video
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 14:33
Thanks Glenn!
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:33
And we're done
Why don't I feel any better about any of this
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 14:34
just be happy its over
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 14:42
@/all Let's not push to the VM until after 10:00 AM
Group 3 is presenting just after 9:00 and I don't want to mess up their stuff if we pushed now
Also, we'll need to meet sometime to go over our presentation. Preferably tomorrow since I'm not gonna be able to sleep if I want to get my 450 project done for my presentation tomorrow morning.
@/all And don't forget to update your contribution stuff in the part 3 page on the wiki! Only Dylan and I have done that so far.
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 15:05
@/all Uhhh, our application is currently down...
This is a problem, group 3 is presenting in 5 minutes
Wait, nevermind, just my shitty connection
please ignore
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 17:37
group 3 finished their presentation and stuff, feel free to update the VM whenever
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 17:44
ok
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 19:58
I haven
I am having class right now. But will be available tonight. What should we do for presentation and video stuff?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 20:01
tomorrow after 10 am maybe
just a few hours should be good enough
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 20:01
So we have a group meeting tomorrow 10am?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 20:02
I am not sure, I am ok at any time tomorrow
what about you guys
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 20:04
I am good 10am.
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 20:05
I should be good at 10 or any time later
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 20:05
VM updated
Dylan Cassidy
@DylanCassidy
Apr 07 2015 20:06
I have a 401 meeting from 10 - 12, so no good for me. I'm available after 2
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 20:09
what about @jasonqi77 @diego04
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 20:39
I'll ask @jasonqi77 in 400 today if he's there
jasonqi77
@jasonqi77
Apr 07 2015 20:52
sorry, I just saw this. my phone doesnt have the app
i have a interview at 3:15 tmr. it's better finish before 2pm
how about tonight?
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 20:53
I have final exam tonight
Maybe around 12 tomorrow?
I think our meeting won't be long
This is just a 10 mins presentation
jasonqi77
@jasonqi77
Apr 07 2015 20:57
i am ok with 12
audreyx
@audreyx
Apr 07 2015 20:57
me too
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 20:58
great, let me book a room
In CSC 2-18, from 12:00 to 15:00
see you guys there
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 21:52
@gmeyer1 did you submit the link of our video on eclass?
@gmeyer1 if not, please do that, we need to submit the link of our video on eclass before the demo
Glenn Meyer
@gmeyer1
Apr 07 2015 22:12
@chongyangye I hadn't it's submitted though
just did it
Jeff YE
@chongyangye
Apr 07 2015 22:35
great thanks