May 2015
Chris Howe-Jones
@chrishowejones
May 21 2015 05:24
Morn'
Chris Howe-Jones
@chrishowejones
May 21 2015 06:05
Noob question- prefixing a keyword with a double colon - ::keyword - resolves to the current namespace right? Is this good practice for keywords that are only used within the scope of the namespace? I struggle to know when to use them and I end up not using them most of the time. Discuss.
Martin Trojer
@martintrojer
May 21 2015 06:52
if local to a namespace the normal keywords should suffice
I only use namespaces keywords when they might clash (which is not very often at all)
Malcolm Sparks
@malcolmsparks
May 21 2015 06:57
It's only good practice if there's a chance that your data will leave your namespace and you want to avoid name clashes. I use them for tagging bidi routes. In a 'modular' bidi route structure, where there are multiple contributors to the overall structure (let's say you have a route you want to tag :bootstrap-resources but don't know that's been used as a tag by some other route, then namespaced keywords are useful. The reason why the route structure is shared, btw., is so that bidi's path-for can give you the absolute path to a resource, which is usually what you need (rather than the path relative to wherever your particular route structure is mounted)
In fact, if namespaced keywords didn't exist, if would be a pain to debug bidi routing if there were clashes between tags, so I'm glad the feature exists
This message was deleted
gosh, you can edit your own messages once they're sent - that's handy!
Chris Howe-Jones
@chrishowejones
May 21 2015 07:25
@martintrojer @malcolmsparks thx guys. Given the reasons for using them and the fact that all my 'projects' are toys (or chicken scratchings as @otfrom refers to them ;-) ) I can see why I've not really identified a need for this yet.
Thomas
@thomas-shares
May 21 2015 08:21
maayong buntag
Thomas
@thomas-shares
May 21 2015 09:10
Has anyone here used Chef?
mccraigmccraig of the clan mccraig
@mccraigmccraig
May 21 2015 09:29
@thomas-shares i've used chef, though not for a couple of years
Thomas
@thomas-shares
May 21 2015 09:35
@mccraigmccraig is it just me.... or is it incredibly complected?
Jon Pither
@jonpither
May 21 2015 13:12
Maybe something complected in it's purest form can eventually be uncomplected and simple.
As Ben Elton said, wiping your bum until a perfectly formed turd ends up on your head
Martin Trojer
@martintrojer
May 21 2015 13:34
so gitter is not a thing anymore. we need to move this party to slack
Chris Howe-Jones
@chrishowejones
May 21 2015 14:02
@martintrojer just cos we can?
Jon Pither
@jonpither
May 21 2015 14:16
ring-swagger is awesome. Auto coercions of params and form bodies make me happy