hishamhm on fix-1418
avoid crash if variables.LUA* a… (compare)
hishamhm on master
fix error message when Lua libr… binary build: help autodetectio… (compare)
./lua_modules/bin/<binary>, else it checks the user its module tree etc. Like for example
npm exec. I'm trying to figure out how to tell my IDE which
bustedexecutable to use to run my tests. I would like to avoid custom functionality around it to check if this path exist or this or this, if luarocks knows all the trees and their order.
luarocks install --check-lua-versions lua-utf8. The installation fails due to a missing lua5.4 installation: "Error: No results matching query were found for Lua 5.4.”. But the thing is: I have Lua5.4 installed.
lua -v Lua 5.4.3 Copyright (C) 1994-2021 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
luarocks pathcommand which outputs the environment variables needed to set the path, but no direct equivalent to
I'm trying to install
luasql-mysql but I am running into a problem.
Currently I have MariaDB installed wich I need for work so I can't change to normal MYSQL, on the github / google I did find some people that got luasql working with MariaDB but nowhere I found how they got it working.
I have luarocks 2.4.2 installed on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and while running the command
sudo luarocks install luasql-mysql I am getting the result:
Error: Could not find header file for MYSQL
No file mysql.h in /usr/local/include
No file mysql.h in /usr/include
You may have to install MYSQL in your system and/or pass MYSQL_DIR or MYSQL_INCDIR to the luarocks command.
Example: luarocks install luasql-mysql MYSQL_DIR=/usr/local
Hopefully it's an easy fix since I have been trying to get lua working with MariaDB for a few hours now.
LuaCURL; LuaRocks couldn't find
curl.hin a subdirectory under
/usr/include. I'm running Ubuntu and I think I ultimately did
dpkg -L libcurl-whateverto show the location of
curl.h, and then ran
sudo luarocks install LuaCURL CURL_DIR=directory-of-curl.h-here. So it might be as simple as looking for
mysql.hin the file list for the MariaDB package or searching in
/usr, and putting in
MYSQL_DIR=whateverafter the LuaRocks command. Possibly, judging from the Ubuntu package,
sudo luarocks install luasql-mysql MYSQL_DIR=/usr/include/mariadb.
rockspec_format = "3.0"and then add
.sofile installed via Luarocks, I get weird errors:
LuaJIT 2.1.0-beta3 -- Copyright (C) 2005-2022 Mike Pall. https://luajit.org/ JIT: ON SSE3 SSE4.1 BMI2 fold cse dce fwd dse narrow loop abc sink fuse > local lpeg = require "lpeg" error loading module 'lpeg' from file '/home/theis/.luarocks/lib/lua/5.1/lpeg.so': /home/theis/.luarocks/lib/lua/5.1/lpeg.so:1: unexpected symbol near 'char(127)' stack traceback: [C]: at 0x7f6b291c8bf0 [C]: in function 'require' stdin:1: in main chunk [C]: at 0x55ab11f68d40
$ luarocks install --local LuaSocket 3.0.0 --check-lua-versions Warning: Failed searching manifest: Failed downloading https://luarocks.org/manifest-5.4 - HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found luasocket not found for Lua 5.4. Checking if available for other Lua versions... Checking for Lua 5.1... Checking for Lua 5.2... Checking for Lua 5.3... Error: No results matching query were found for Lua 5.4. luasocket is not available for any Lua versions.
luasocketrelease per Arch Linux system packages installed, not with the shinny new release yet).
testadded to https://github.com/luarocks/luarocks/wiki/Rockspec-format . I would like more packages to use that since it helps me packaging them on the nixos side but it's hard to ask people to do it without the doc. I've tried with luv https://github.com/luarocks/luarocks/wiki/Rockspec-format luvit/luv#592 and it looks successful so far
testtable there (and converted the page from MediaWiki to Markdown...)