These are chat archives for mirumee/saleor

Jul 2018
aguilbau
@aguilbau
Jul 19 2018 07:49
Hello, I'mt trying to add a delivery date on an order. The use case is that people by something for a certain date. I've been told I should use fulfillments for that, however from the doc, I'm not sure how to use them. Can someone point me in the right direction ?
aguilbau
@aguilbau
Jul 19 2018 08:25
I see a shipping_date in the fulfillment model, however I'm not sure it is accessible ? or should i modify the code to support it ?
Marcin Gębala
@maarcingebala
Jul 19 2018 08:29
Hey, I'm looking at this model now and shipping_date is the field you could use, but I also don't see any usages in code or in UI. I think either it was never accessible from UI or it was accidentally removed ;)
Anyway, fulfillments represent shipments of ordered items. In the dashboard there is the FulfillmentForm where you could add shipping_date field
And then, when creating a fulfillment you'd be able to specify this date.
We also have FulfillmentTrackingNumberForm which is meant to update fulfillment's tracking number after the fulfillment is created. You can add the shipping_data there as well.
Marcin Gębala
@maarcingebala
Jul 19 2018 08:34
Lastly, this date should be included in the email beeing sent to the customer (confirm_fulfillment and update_fulfillment email templates)
aguilbau
@aguilbau
Jul 19 2018 08:35
right, but if i understand correctly, this shipping date would then be input by the shop operator on the dashboard, not the user ?
Marcin Gębala
@maarcingebala
Jul 19 2018 08:35
Yes, that's the purpose of this field. What's your use case again?
aguilbau
@aguilbau
Jul 19 2018 08:38
the exact use case is that i'm building a shop for a lunch delivery platform. So customers would go on the website, and order a lunch for let's say next friday. So they need to specify, when they buy an item, the exact day they want to recieve it
Marcin Gębala
@maarcingebala
Jul 19 2018 08:49
okay, so you'd rather need to include this field in the checkout flow. We store all the checkout data in the Cart model, which later gets transformed into an Order instance. I think you would need to add this field in those two models.
look for create_order function which creates an order from a cart
then in the order view in the dashboard you'll display the value of this field to show the operator what date the customer requested
aguilbau
@aguilbau
Jul 19 2018 08:53
right, and also i would need to add that in the templates for the checkout
thanks for your help ! i will try to do that :)
Marcin Gębala
@maarcingebala
Jul 19 2018 08:55
Sure, let me know if you have any other questions :) Btw. I'd love to see that platform you're building once you've got it working, sounds really interesting!
aguilbau
@aguilbau
Jul 19 2018 08:59
sure, i'll share the link :) and thanks again for the help
NyanKiyoshi
@NyanKiyoshi
Jul 19 2018 09:48
That's so nice to see how much Saleor has grow since January. Awesome work from everyone!
Marcin Gębala
@maarcingebala
Jul 19 2018 10:08
Thanks @NyanKiyoshi! That's true and we're also very excited about that :)
To anyone who hasn't seen it yet, we've just released the beta version of GraphQL API and the public demo explorer is available here:
I'd like to encourage everyone to play with it. We'll need your feedback to keep improving it.
NyanKiyoshi
@NyanKiyoshi
Jul 19 2018 10:11
About #2271, that's not good to merge or there is a better solution for graphql? That's handy to debug slow graphql requests in the dashboard 2.0
Marcin Gębala
@maarcingebala
Jul 19 2018 10:27
Sorry for not answering to this PR earlier, but I hadn't time to look into this. Anyway, we'll keep and maintain the current Django dashboard for some time, as we still have a lot of work with the new one, so this might be very useful.
I don't know how does it work with GraphQL, but the default django-debug-toolbar doesn't help much.
NyanKiyoshi
@NyanKiyoshi
Jul 19 2018 10:34
The PR is useful to see and debug the SQL requests and see what's is messing up on the Ajax requests as they are being added up to the panel
Milan Leon
@milanmaximo
Jul 19 2018 12:55
Just want to thank you for such a great piece of software! Thanks a lot !
Filip Kucharczyk
@Pacu2
Jul 19 2018 12:57
We're glad you like it :D
piotrszyma
@piotrszyma
Jul 19 2018 15:01
@elwoodxblues there is a problem with initial statics building via docker container, so after I've created venv, generated initial data & statics on host machine I was able to docker-compose run it dockerized, thank you for help
Patryk Zawadzki
@patrys
Jul 19 2018 16:26
@piotrszyma @elwoodxblues I think that’s related to deocker-compose as it will mount the app directory and shadow the static folder build by the earlier stage of the Dockerfile