These are chat archives for ngUpgraders/ng-forward

Jan 2016
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:08
Any word on when lifecycle hooks are going to land? Was excited to see they were available and then ensaddened to find that they aren't yet available in the NPM package
Also @MikeRyan52, in the discussions for my PR you asked to keep you guys up to date on how ng-forward has worked for me- the short answer is very well!
Mike Ryan
@MikeRyanDev
Jan 11 2016 23:11
Awesome, glad to hear it!
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:11
But the dependency on es6-shim didn't fare so well for me
Mike Ryan
@MikeRyanDev
Jan 11 2016 23:11
I'll publish a new version of ng-forward now
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:11
Sweet!
I ended up having to commit typings/es6-promise/es6-promise.d.ts as a mostly empty file instead of pulling from definitelytyped because ng-forward referenced es6-shim which has its own Promise
Not sure if that's fixed now though
The whole Typescript world is full of .d.ts issues though
Mike Ryan
@MikeRyanDev
Jan 11 2016 23:14
Indeed it is. Even on a formal Angular 2 project typings are problematic.
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:16
Yes, I am +1'd on the lib.d.ts thing as blocking me
It sucks with tsify on grunt-contrib-browserify because it halts the whole set of tasks if TS has even a single error despite always emitting
No idea where to fix that
Also you might want to look at having the NPM package auto update with github hooks using Travis http://mclear.co.uk/2013/10/06/publishing-to-npm-on-git-commit-using-github-hooks-and-travis/
Not sure if itd work with the build process
Mike Ryan
@MikeRyanDev
Jan 11 2016 23:20
We definitely need a new release strategy.
Anyways, alpha 12 has been published
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:23
Sweeet. I didn't think I'd be unroadblocked that quick, pleasant surprise. Actually refactored a big old chunk of code in one of my apps from non-angular jquery stuff right into nice ng-forward-based componentry and needed ngOnInit() to be sure my inputs were ready- once I realized the docs were newer than the package I realized I was stuck so I just went to bed haha :-)
Was there even a way to ensure inputs were bound and ready prior to lifecycle hooks?
Feel like ng-forward is growing with me as I learn all this stuff :-D
Mike Ryan
@MikeRyanDev
Jan 11 2016 23:25
Well, there was an ugly hack that worked OK with Babel 5's class generator
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:25
ahh
Mike Ryan
@MikeRyanDev
Jan 11 2016 23:25
But then Babel 6 broke our hack, which turned out to be a good thing since we then needed lifecycle hooks :)
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:27
For sure! Well wanted to say thanks for making such an awesome library -- So ready for A2 :-D Now just need to wait for all of the A1 libraries etc to be updated
Going to be waiting for awhile, so ng-forward is really the only way right now
One comment I had: There's not yet a great way to do configs
I feel like my only real option is to breakdown and make an angular module and just do the old .config() dance
Problem is, A2 doesn't have config stages at all so there's no analog to bring over from there
Mike Ryan
@MikeRyanDev
Jan 11 2016 23:28
No problem, thanks for the feedback!
Yup, no analog
A2 does all config through the injector.
William Lahti
@rezonant
Jan 11 2016 23:29
Exactly, so there's no way to expose it in a non-Angular 1 way. I've toyed with the idea of having a decorator to do this, but I don't yet have it fully working