These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus

Feb 2015
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 03:22 UTC
I am trying to reach out to some people on Twitter who are engineers that are affected by T1D to join the cause. I don't really feel up to working on the programming project right now. Another one of my doctors thinks I have lupus, and I have yet to hear back on the anti-dsDNA antibody test. But he was very helpful today.
Sulka Haro
@sulkaharo
Feb 18 2015 06:57 UTC
@tc2013 yes the transmission range is better as well. Talking to the pump works at around 3 meter distances, where carelink requires very close distance. Interestingly some users are now saying their range isn't as good, and one user said he had to re-solder a component to get better range, so looks like there's surprising amount of variability with the cc1111 construction.
Ben West
@bewest
Feb 18 2015 07:38 UTC
fascinating
what was that byte that you and jesus and others have to change?
number of unknown bytes
which makes me feel better about my work ;-)
Sulka Haro
@sulkaharo
Feb 18 2015 07:41 UTC
@bewest unsure what you mean? AFAIK the range increase is purely due to the better antenna in the stick
Ben West
@bewest
Feb 18 2015 07:43 UTC
understood, slightly tangential question/conspiracy theory... good to hear range is solely due to antenna
separately, I was reading through jesus' sniffer cli tool
the simulator
and found a comment where different people needed a different value for some byte
but seemed kind of unknown
someone suggested I try making decocare or similar compatible with this
Ben West
@bewest
Feb 18 2015 08:24 UTC
ah, that's interesting
complex issue
FDA is charged with protecting people
when you submit materials to FDA, they promise to maintain your confidentiality
I've taken extremely unusual step of publishing
but they are required to maintain something like a dr/patient privilege with the materials you submit
second, someone could say the same thing about their treatment of NS
NS has submitted some very shoddy materials for review ;-)
and they have not stopped us yet
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 16:39 UTC
I am trying to get some of my engineering friends in on this project, like female ones especially, as we speak
I don't know if I will be successful, but I am trying
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 16:51 UTC
I got one of my female friends to ask around, at the minimum, so far.
She graduated with her EE degree and works with Dell
Toby Canning
@TC2013
Feb 18 2015 16:51 UTC
@diabeticgonewild Don't worry about not be able to work on this. Take care of yourself!
@diabeticgonewild Thanks for recruiting. Is she a T1, 2 or 3?
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 16:53 UTC
I can work on it. I am just stressed out right now. Like my lymph nodes hurt and I have been getting chills. Like my immune system is acting up. Type 3. We worked on labs together for circuit analysis and digital logic design. We go back.
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 17:08 UTC
I got one of my female friends really interested, but she's in a meeting right now.
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 17:38 UTC
Yeah, I am really scared about the lupus stuff. Like I already am on immunosuppressants and on intravenous immunoglobulin, so two forms of immunomodulatory treatment, and I feel really terrible still. I can't take steroids as I have 3 diseases that cause neuropathy, too. I really think this is affecting me neurologically too, as I get suspicious headaches that I didn't get before and I get "brain fog". It's just really scary stuff, and I feel like my medical situation is out of control now and there's not a ton that can be done about it. There's not much I can do about it either, but I do see a rheumatologist on Thursday. I want my old life back, but that's not going to happen.
I really can't work on this project right now.
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 17:45 UTC
Except ask around and stuff.
diabeticgonewild
@diabeticgonewild
Feb 18 2015 17:55 UTC
If I have lupus, that potentially can cause neuropathy too, so then it will be 4 diseases for me that cause neuropathy.
*can
Matthias Granberry
@mgranberry
Feb 18 2015 23:42 UTC
@scottleibrand Have you gotten around to posting statistics on aggregated carb absorption numbers? I didn't find anything when I did a quick googling.
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Feb 18 2015 23:45 UTC
No. Only a few ppl have shared. 30, 36, 38 is what we've seen so far?
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 18 2015 23:45 UTC
I think the 20 minute delay needs to be adjustable
might help get things to line up closer
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Feb 18 2015 23:46 UTC
Not sure they need to line up, everyone's body is different
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 18 2015 23:47 UTC
especially for resuce carbs
Matthias Granberry
@mgranberry
Feb 18 2015 23:48 UTC
I haven't really tested it yet. I think it's around 35ish, and it takes a little longer to really get my digestive system going than 20 minutes most of the time.
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 18 2015 23:49 UTC
@sulkaharo was looking at adding carb speed (GI based)
Chris Oattes
@cjo20
Feb 18 2015 23:51 UTC
nice, IRC bridge for gitter
Matthias Granberry
@mgranberry
Feb 18 2015 23:53 UTC
I have been playing with a classifier to identify high/low/medium GI foods now that I have an insulin activity model written to play with. I'd really like to be able to identify a "pizza signature" and make sane recommendations for when I get it wrong.
I'm modeling it as a combination of absorption and crossover to high-rate absorption and getting pretty good classification rates on my own data, but my food data pretty noisy unless I am trying to audit control