These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus

21st
Feb 2016
Feb 21 2016 00:01

hmm, got a new error now from it:
pi@raspberrypi:~/my_openaps $ openaps enact

reporting enact/suggested.json
pump://JSON/set_temp_basal/enact/enacted.json
enact/enacted.json  raised  'Namespace' object has no attribute 'input'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/openaps-report", line 4, in <module>
    __import__('pkg_resources').run_script('openaps==0.0.10', 'openaps-report')
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 724, in run_script
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1649, in run_script
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/openaps-report", line 82, in <module>
    app( )
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/cli/__init__.py", line 44, in __call__
    self.run(self.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/openaps-report", line 75, in run
    output = app(args, self)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/cli/subcommand.py", line 52, in __call__
    return self.method.main(args, app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/reports/invoke.py", line 40, in main
    output = task.method(args, app)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/uses/use.py", line 45, in __call__
    output = self.main(args, app)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/vendors/medtronic.py", line 314, in main
    program = self.get_program(args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/vendors/medtronic.py", line 310, in get_program
    params = self.get_params(args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/vendors/medtronic.py", line 306, in get_params
    return dict(input=args.input)
AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'input'

No action required

again this is due to no actual input though? since no temp was set, it couldn't create the enacted.json?
Feb 21 2016 00:07
but if it's the command to set_temp_basal, which saves to the enact/enacted.json, the error is because nothing was set, thus it can't save anything?
Feb 21 2016 00:19

Last question for today .. If I am pulling my data straight from NS when adding reports would I need to do something like this:

openaps report add last _four_cgm_hours.json JSON ns-glucose last_four_cgm_hours

Feb 21 2016 00:47
yes, @joannestevens something like that should work
actually, try openaps use ns-glucose shell
if that works, that's what we want in the report:
Feb 21 2016 00:49
What is ns-get? I saw it mentioned as something instead of !bash. But none of that was documented. I just started using !bash because it was the example alias given.
Feb 21 2016 00:49
ns-get gets your data from NS
try ns-get help
Feb 21 2016 00:50
@joannestevens Why did you want to download off Nightscout?
Feb 21 2016 00:50
try something like openaps device add ns-get process ns-get host my.site.com
then you can do openaps use ns-get shell entries.json to get your sgvs
Feb 21 2016 00:51
Oh is that ns-get for downloading from nightscout.....I skipped that section
Feb 21 2016 00:54
it's fine to use either, ns-get keeps it a little tidier, less typing
Feb 21 2016 00:57
@Aaybob .. I use an xdrip and don't have a receiver yet .. should have one tho by end of week
Feb 21 2016 00:57
@joannestevens what an interesting situation
I use two receivers of G4 no share. One for AP and one for NS. Both are wire connected.
Feb 21 2016 00:59
I've got one coming from ebay a G4 without share also
Feb 21 2016 01:01
Did you find an older MM on ebay? I felt so lucky to have not returned mine from eleven years ago that I replaced when warranty expired. MM asked me to voluntarily return it.
Feb 21 2016 01:03
Not sure what model it is but it looks good enough .. I've never had one, used xdrip since last year
Feb 21 2016 01:04
Where do you get transmitters. I thought dexcom wouldn't sell non complete sets.
Feb 21 2016 01:05
I have an animas vibe pump
Feb 21 2016 01:06
ah ha....but you'll use minimed for the AP? or are you getting the vibe working with AP?
Feb 21 2016 01:06
so, when it comes to setting up ns, having a quick read on the site seems a bit vague on installing it to the pi? is it just download it, extract it and modify the settings files?
Feb 21 2016 01:06
you know most mm pumps don't work, only the older ones
Feb 21 2016 01:06
Yes, I have a 522 and a 554 and a 640 coming shortly
@Nyadach Im still working through it ...
Feb 21 2016 01:08
cheers @joannestevens as for the 640 it's an interesting pump
Feb 21 2016 01:08
Why interesting?
Feb 21 2016 01:09
endo keeps pushing me to take one, but happy with my 554
Feb 21 2016 01:09
I have 522 and 751
Feb 21 2016 01:09
its fairly nice, love the patterns on it, they've improved the interface massively, but find the size increase annoying on it
Feb 21 2016 01:10
Im entitled to an upgrade so I'll take it even if I don't use ..
Hopefully someone will find a way to use with the AP at some point
Feb 21 2016 01:10
I just read about 640 that it'll save you from lows but won't do anything about highs. That would not help a lot.
Feb 21 2016 01:11
yeah, the highs they are adding in the 670
why sell one model when they can sell two :P
Feb 21 2016 01:11
and you have to use with enlite sensors which are much more expensive and I don't get on well with at all
Feb 21 2016 01:12
6 days usually from them sadly
Feb 21 2016 01:12
can get 2-3 weeks from my dexcom and I have to self-fund
Feb 21 2016 01:12
same
which is a pain for the bank balance
Feb 21 2016 01:14
No kidding but worth it when you have no hypo signs anymore ....
Feb 21 2016 01:14
wish dex would do a rechargeable transmitter though like the mm
Feb 21 2016 01:14
I'm up for upgrade in 14 months.....this OpenAPS is good but its hard to keep it running, glitches, battery rundowns, a separate display module (phone+receiver+nightscout). So I want the new closed loop pump when available.
Feb 21 2016 01:14
Yes don't blame you
Feb 21 2016 01:15
think most the med co's are planning on releasing their own through this year
or part loop anyhow
Feb 21 2016 01:17
@bewest openaps use ns-glucose shell works fine
Feb 21 2016 01:17
@Nyadach Installing nightscout on the Pi I think is just putting in a line of code that tells it where your nightscout website is
Feb 21 2016 01:17
so don't need to dl and install it directly?
that'll make life easier than!
Feb 21 2016 01:19
OPenAPS will upload to nightscout which is a webpage you rent from microsoft for free because it doesn't do much data transfer
I made a video of installing Nightscout for AP https://youtu.be/zk3VEuFAKJg
Feb 21 2016 01:20
i've got as far as doing all the azure site, seems to show nice, and the mongo db, and the mmqt transfer things, was just a bit confused on the where to extract the client too :P guess I was over thinking it
Feb 21 2016 01:21
That's all over my head
Feb 21 2016 01:22
thanks for the vid, much easier :)
Feb 21 2016 01:22

@bewest openaps report add new-report.json JSON ... the ... there should match everything after use exactly

What did you mean here?

Feb 21 2016 01:22
Hey you could "visualize" hair on me>>>see? I lost it by taking Invokana, but it was worth it., just kidding
Feb 21 2016 01:23
openaps device add ns-glucose process 'bash -c "curl -s https://technojo.azurewebsites.net/api/v1/entries/sgv.json | json -e \"this.glucose = this.sgv\""' like this @Aaybob
Rachel Sandlain
@audiefile
Feb 21 2016 01:25
@joannestevens Did you get your Xdrip questions answered?
Feb 21 2016 01:26
@audiefile yes I think so, I am just now working out how to add the right reports, not getting too fat at the mo
far even
Rachel Sandlain
@audiefile
Feb 21 2016 01:28
Slowly but surely is the way to tackle these things. But once the bgs are in nghtscout you should be able to pull them down, it shouldn't matter how they got there.
Feb 21 2016 01:29
curl -s file | json -e text........doesn't mean anything to me
Rachel Sandlain
@audiefile
Feb 21 2016 01:29
I'm not sure how well the current docs cover this
Feb 21 2016 01:29
have a good night folks, thanks for the vid @Aaybob
Feb 21 2016 01:30
Not good at all @audiefile,
Feb 21 2016 01:30
trying to contribute....I think I know how to PR now though
I'll try to add the comments that you thought were helpful @joannestevens
Feb 21 2016 01:31
That would be great thanks @Aaybob
Matthias
@ceben80
Feb 21 2016 05:54
@danamlewis @scottleibrand The fifth night with APS - it's so awesome :satisfied:
blob
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Feb 21 2016 06:23
Matthias
@ceben80
Feb 21 2016 06:31
@/all :question: What needs to be done to update my openaps binaries etc. on my pi due to solved oref0 issues?
Feb 21 2016 06:34
Just re-run the quick setup script?
Matthias
@ceben80
Feb 21 2016 06:34
Fine....that's all :+1: Have done that, sorry stupid question :smile:
Sulka Haro
@sulkaharo
Feb 21 2016 09:00
@jasoncalabrese any idea how much the New Relic monitoring adds to the battery consumption?
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 09:06
Not sure, I can see how much cpu it uses, don't know how I'd convert that
Sulka Haro
@sulkaharo
Feb 21 2016 09:10
I guess you haven't noticed a change in the battery life, that's a good sign
Just set it up myself. So weird getting a report from the edison traveling with the guy :D
Tempted to create a custom xDrip build to add Android monitoring
Sulka Haro
@sulkaharo
Feb 21 2016 09:20
Interesting to see the Edison is only using less than 6% of the RAM
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 09:22
Storage is the problem, need to redo the partitions
Did you setup a reverse tunnel to the Edison, that's really crazy to think about
ssh'd to a little server somewhere on a playground
Sulka Haro
@sulkaharo
Feb 21 2016 09:27
Not yet. Was thinking of it
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 09:29
I don't have it perfect yet, sometimes when switching networks the tunnel forget get shutdown and recreated fast enough
Sulka Haro
@sulkaharo
Feb 21 2016 10:04
Doh New Relic doesn't support ARM, can't add the Pis there :(
Feb 21 2016 13:13
I haven't found any edge condition error in determine-basal but I haven't seen a "normal" basal set as a temp for the purpose of showing that the loop is running. What conditions must be met for that to happen?
if (offline == 'Offline') {
// if no temp is running or required, set the current basal as a temp, so you can see on the pump that the loop is working
if ((!currenttemp.duration || (currenttemp.rate == profile.current_basal)) && !rT.duration) {
rT.reason = rT.reason + "; setting current basal of " + profile.current_basal + " as temp";
return setTempBasal(profile.current_basal, 30, profile, rT, offline);
}
Feb 21 2016 13:16
That code doesn't work any longer. I actually ripped out the "offline" keyword and made that the default behavior in the meal-assist (alpha testing) branch.
If you want to test that you could switch to that branch: you don't actually have to set up meal assist. there are some substantive changes between master and dev that make it both high-temp and low-temp more aggressively.
Feb 21 2016 13:18
I've intuitively been satisfied with the decisions of the determine-basal
I noticed that that function wasn't running was my only concern. There's no real need for it. I have the visualization running. Except when I'm out of internet range. Then it would be nice to have the feature. And you say I could in git change to the dev branch. Is that as easy as doing it for the docs?
Feb 21 2016 13:24
Meal assist is designed to high temp when BG is high enough and not falling. Even if you don't configure its reports, the meal assist branch will high temp fairly aggressively when it sees BG rising fast. To compensate, it temps to zero twice as fast when BG is dropping more than expected.
If you're happy enough with your visualizations and log files to watch it closely, then you can do a git checkout of the meal assist branch. You might also need to re-run the npm stuff that the quick-src script runs. Not sure what else is required, if anything.
Feb 21 2016 13:32
Is this branch https://github.com/openaps/openaps and choosing dev in the gui?
Feb 21 2016 13:33
Dev doesn't have the offline change. That is in meal-assist.
You'll need to do the branch checkout from the CLI on your Pi.
git pull to get the latest, then git checkout meal-assist to switch. git checkout master to switch back.
That from your ~/src/oref0/ directory
if you don't have that dir, you'll need to do a git clone of that repo first, or run quick-src to do it for you.
Feb 21 2016 13:38
I want to try. Will decide. Thanks for the how to.
Feb 21 2016 13:55

are these errors just noise after running quick-src?
Resolving deltas: 100% (2108/2108), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
npm ERR! Error: Attempt to unlock timezone@0.0.47, which hasn't been locked
npm ERR! at unlock (/usr/share/npm/lib/utils/locker.js:44:11)
npm ERR! at cb (/usr/share/npm/lib/cache/add-named.js:32:5)
npm ERR! at /usr/share/npm/lib/cache/add-named.js:41:20
npm ERR! at /usr/share/npm/lib/utils/locker.js:30:7
npm ERR! at /usr/lib/nodejs/lockfile.js:161:38
npm ERR! at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:107:15)
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this entire log,
npm ERR! including the npm and node versions, at:
npm ERR! http://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! System Linux 4.1.13-v7+
npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd /home/pi/src/oref0
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.29
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.21
npm ERR! Error: Attempt to unlock mocha@^2.3.3, which hasn't been locked
n

Feb 21 2016 14:21

max_iob is an exception: in contrast to the other settings above, max_iob is not the result of an openaps report. It's a JSON file that should contain a single line, such as: {"max_iob": 2} . You can create this file by hand, or use the oref0-mint-max-iob tool to generate the file. The max_iob variable represents an upper limit to how much insulin on board oref0 is allowed to contribute by enacting temp basals over a period of time. In the example above, max_iob equals 2 units of insulin.

just got to this point in the set-up, the link doesn't work, any tips on where I can find the tool please?

Feb 21 2016 14:36
which oref0-mint-max-iob should find it
but you could also just use an editor to write the file yourself
Feb 21 2016 14:38
Thanks, I'll have a go ...
Feb 21 2016 14:59
Apologies @scottleibrand I've just looked at those links and they are a little beyond me, I can't understand how I start to generate the file from the script and then install?
Feb 21 2016 14:59
do you know how to edit a file in linux yet?
Feb 21 2016 15:00
I am afraid I don't ...
Feb 21 2016 15:00
it's not hard: type nano max_iob.json
that will open the nano text editor, editing a new empty file
then just paste or type in what you want, the same way you'd do in Word (without the mouse). when you're done, the commands for doing things like saving and quitting are at the bottom. ^X means Ctrl-X
Feb 21 2016 15:04
Sorry @scottleibrand which bits of text. In the script link, what do I need to add?
Feb 21 2016 15:05
forget the script entirely
"in contrast to the other settings above, max_iob is not the result of an openaps report. It's a JSON file that should contain a single line, such as: {"max_iob": 2} . You can create this file by hand"
that's what we're doing
Feb 21 2016 15:06
sorry I am lost
Feb 21 2016 15:07
you're creating a file called max_iob, containing a single line, starting with { and ending with }, that specifies your maximum basal iob openaps will ever give
Feb 21 2016 15:07
I've got the nano text editor open
Feb 21 2016 15:08
so you can type or paste in that part from those instructions, and then save the file and exit nano
Feb 21 2016 15:11
sorry for being really thick .. how do you save, I can't see a tab for that
Feb 21 2016 15:13
if there's no explicit save, you can do eXit and it will prompt you
this stuff is not always intuitive at first. :)
Feb 21 2016 15:15
Not kidding, now its asking me what format to save DOS or MAC .. presume DOS?
Feb 21 2016 15:16
yeah
Feb 21 2016 15:21
Nursing skills do not align themselves to programming this stuff .....
Feb 21 2016 15:21
heh
did that work?
Feb 21 2016 15:21
Its saved the file I think
Feb 21 2016 15:21
you can type cat max_iob.json | json to see the results.
cat displays the file, | sends the displayed output to/through another command, in this case json, which validates that it's valid json format
Feb 21 2016 15:23
No not worked
Feb 21 2016 15:23
it will also "pretty print" it if it's valid, so the { and } braces are on their own lines
what error?
Feb 21 2016 15:24
not finding file
Feb 21 2016 15:24
are you in the same directory you were in when you ran nano?
ls will show you the contents of the current directory
pwd will print the current working directory if you're not sure where you are. (it's usually listed in your prompt as well though)
Feb 21 2016 15:25
im still in myopenaps

Using username "pi".
pi@raspberrypi.local's password:
Access denied
pi@raspberrypi.local's password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Feb 21 12:56:34 2016 from fe80::786c:a9a2:812b:40d7%wlan0
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd openaps
-bash: cd: openaps: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd myopenaps
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report add settings/bg_targets.json JSON pump read_bg_targets
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
openaps-report add: error: argument device: invalid choice: 'pump' (choose from u'calculate-iob', u'determine-basal', u'get-profile', u'jocgm', u'jopump', u'ns-glucose', u'oref0')
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps add settings/bg_targets.json JSON jopump read_bg_targets
openaps: 'add' is not an openaps command. See 'openaps --help'.

pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report add settings/insulin_sensitivities.json JSON jopump read_insulin_sensitivies
added jopump://JSON/read_insulin_sensitivies/settings/insulin_sensitivities.json
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report add settings/basal_profile.json JSON pump read_basal_profile_std
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ which oref0-mint-max-iob
monitor settings
ns-glucose.ini settings.json
openaps.ini status.json
openaps.ini.save
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $

Feb 21 2016 15:26
you accidentally called your file max_iob.jsonnano
to rename it, you'll want to use the mv command, like mv max_iob.jsonnano max_iob.json
mv is "move" of course
Feb 21 2016 15:27
did that, now what
Feb 21 2016 15:27
retry the cat
Feb 21 2016 15:28

Using username "pi".
pi@raspberrypi.local's password:
Access denied
pi@raspberrypi.local's password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Feb 21 12:56:34 2016 from fe80::786c:a9a2:812b:40d7%wlan0
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd openaps
-bash: cd: openaps: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd myopenaps
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
openaps: 'add' is not an openaps command. See 'openaps --help'.

usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ which oref0-mint-max-iob
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ cat max_iob.json | json
{
"max_iob": 2
}
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $

Feb 21 2016 15:28
cat is short for "concatenate", because if you give it more than one file, it will smoosh them all together end to end
perfect
Feb 21 2016 15:28
Think its worked
Feb 21 2016 15:28
for future reference, you can put
```
on a line by itself before and after a paste to make it pretty
it will look like this:
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ cat max_iob.json | json
{
"max_iob": 2
}
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $
Feb 21 2016 15:30
lovely, so now I've created the file, I can now add a profile report, do I need to invoke that file as well?
Feb 21 2016 15:31
not sure where you are in the setup, but oref0-get-profile needs that file (and all the others) as input. if you set up a report to run it, you can then invoke that report to get the resulting profile.json
Feb 21 2016 15:34
That's exactly where I am up to, thanks for your help this afternoon
Feb 21 2016 15:34
np
Feb 21 2016 16:33
This message was deleted
This message was deleted
Feb 21 2016 17:04
how are folks copying their log files offline so they can be purged from the system to save disk space?
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 17:15
I'm not copying them, but did adjust rolling thresholds to save space. Do you have everything going to syslog? Using | logger -t ... in your cron or something else?
Feb 21 2016 17:15
yes everything is going to syslog. i probably have some things logged more than once which should be cleaned up.
after setting up new relic i realized i am low on space :)
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 17:42
There file I edited was /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog
I have this aft the bottom now

/var/log/messages
{
rotate 4
daily
size 5M
missingok
notifempty
compress
delaycompress
sharedscripts
postrotate
invoke-rc.d rsyslog rotate > /dev/null
endscript
}
Can't do the multiline code block from my phone
Simon Gordon
@s1m0
Feb 21 2016 18:20
Hi this is Kate - using Nightscout with Medtronic pump and enlite. I have set up the raspberry pi hardware but the next step in the instructions says: "Initalize new openaps environment" and I cannot find the instructions on how to do that. can someone point me at that please?
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Feb 21 2016 18:24
Here's the outline of the docs, which might be helpful to help you jump from section to section: https://github.com/openaps/docs/blob/master/SUMMARY.md
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 18:28
Are we giving up on gitbooks, any idea what it will take to get it updating?
Really nice having the outline and searching there
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Feb 21 2016 18:30
Given the numerous problems everyone has with gitbooks, even when we think it's working...please give out the github link to docs instead.
For next iteration of docs we can make sure to do forward-backward-and summary links at bottom of each page instead, so people can jump more easily.
@jasoncalabrese Search in github works pretty well, too, if you're in the docs repo (or whatever repo)
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 18:36
Still like gitbooks better, seems like it's working for the German NS handbook, wonder why it wasn't reliable
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Feb 21 2016 18:37
Not sure. But we collectively spent (wasted) so much time trying to get it to work every time there was a PR, taking away from time from more impactful work, so I don't want to pursue fixing it anymore.
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 18:39
Maybe we should take it down then
Howard Look
@HowardLook
Feb 21 2016 19:09

Good morning. I just got KL’s openaps working with a new dex G5 receiver. (Her old G4 died, and dexcom replaced it with a G5 is a better option for her at school).

I found @loudnate's work here: bewest/dexcom_reader#1
and also see open PR here: https://github.com/openaps/dexcom_reader/pulls

For now, I just hand-patched Nate’s code to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dexcom_reader-0.0.7-py2.7.egg/dexcom_reader/database_records.py

which seems to work (it reads the G5, and I see good records in monitor/glucose.json).

Wondering how I can be helpful in testing a version of dexcom_reader that is compatible with both G4 and G5 records.

This message was deleted
Nathan Racklyeft
@loudnate
Feb 21 2016 19:17
Hey @HowardLook, there's a path to build compatibility. I actually worked with Gerrit to get it into the uploader. I just haven't had time to focus on it lately
Feb 21 2016 19:41
@HowardLook I am interested in taking a peek and testing what you’ve pulled together for the G5.
i was about to embark on the same thing this week
Howard Look
@HowardLook
Feb 21 2016 19:43
@jmatheson Literally all did was replace /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dexcom_reader-0.0.7-py2.7.egg/dexcom_reader/database_records.py with Nate’s version from https://github.com/bewest/dexcom_reader/pull/1/files
I also removed database_records.pyc (which I presume is a compiled version but doesn’t seem to get used)
@loudnate thanks, that’s great - yes thanks for your help with the Uploader!
Feb 21 2016 19:48
ok
Feb 21 2016 20:02
evening, still getting an error when trying to run get it to make an enacted.json, is the report right?
pi@raspberrypi:~/my_openaps $ openaps report invoke enact/enacted.json
enact/enacted.json  raised  'Namespace' object has no attribute 'input'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/openaps-report", line 4, in <module>
    __import__('pkg_resources').run_script('openaps==0.0.10', 'openaps-report')
    app( )
    self.run(self.args)
    output = app(args, self)
    return self.method.main(args, app)
    output = task.method(args, app)
    output = self.main(args, app)
    program = self.get_program(args)
    params = self.get_params(args)
    return dict(input=args.input)
AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'input'
it seems a bit odd that it only returns the errors if it tries to alter something, if it's in range and doesn't, it doesn't return an error, but then again isn't setting anything so isn't making the enacted?
report I'm using is
[report "enact/enacted.json"]
device = pump
use = set_temp_basal
Feb 21 2016 20:10
I think you need to specify input like this (using whatever your path is)
[report "control/enacted.json"]
device = pump
input = predict/oref0.json
use = set_temp_basal
Feb 21 2016 20:11
ahh, so that's the input it's looking for!
Feb 21 2016 20:11
you need to feed in what the suggestions are, which is included in oref0.json
Feb 21 2016 20:11

Using username "pi".
pi@raspberrypi.local's password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Feb 21 13:29:10 2016 from fe80::786c:a9a2:812b:40d7%wlan0
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd myopenaps
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report add monitor/glucose.json JSON cgm iter_glucose 5
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
openaps-report add: error: argument device: invalid choice: 'cgm' (choose from u'calculate-iob', u'determine-basal', u'get-profile', u'jocgm', u'jopump', u'ns-glucose', u'oref0')
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report add monitor/glucose.json JSON jocgm iter_glucose 5
added jocgm://JSON/iter_glucose/monitor/glucose.json
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report invoke monitor/glucose.json
jocgm://JSON/iter_glucose/monitor/glucose.json
monitor/glucose.json raised 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iter_records'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/openaps-report", line 4, in <module>
import('pkg_resources').run_script('openaps==0.0.10', 'openaps-report')
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/pkgresources/_init.py", line 724, in run_script
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/pkgresources/_init.py", line 1650, in run_script
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/openaps-report";, line 82, in <module>
app( )
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/cli/init.py", line 44, in call
self.run(self.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/openaps-report";, line 75, in run
output = app(args, self)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/cli/subcommand.py";, line 52, in call
return self.method.main(args, app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/reports/invoke.py";, line 40, in main
output = task.method(args, app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/uses/use.py";, line 45, in call
output = self.main(args, app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps-0.0.10-py2.7.egg/openaps/vendors/dexcom.py";, line 128, in main
for item in self.dexcom.iter_records(self.RECORD_TYPE):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iter_records'
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $

Im just working through the determine-basal process, I've added the report but I get the above error message when I try to invoke it, anyone see what is wrong?
Feb 21 2016 20:14
the oref0.json? not the oref0.ini? Am not sure I've made the json yet, is that made from the suggested.json?
Feb 21 2016 20:20
@joannestevens where are you pulling your glucose from?
how is your CGM data getting to you?
Feb 21 2016 20:22
from NS but have a receiver arriving later in the week
Feb 21 2016 20:22
@Nyadach yes, you need to calculate suggestions (which is what the oref0 report does) before you push what you want to enact to the pump
the way you are running it it is trying to pull it locally. I am doing it through NS too.
Feb 21 2016 20:23
should I put the ns-gluclose device instead of jocgm
Feb 21 2016 20:23
am getting everything through the gather and preflight, which is getting everything through the last_four_hours for pump and cgm, along with targets and iob and settings, sensitivities, profile etc, and does the monitor/glucose
Feb 21 2016 20:24
i have a report called glucose-ns.json which pulls from NS.
[report "monitor/glucose-ns.json"]
device = ns-bgnow
use = shell
Feb 21 2016 20:25
that goes into the enact/suggest.json ? (in the default setup as in the guide? enact = ! bash -c "rm enact/suggested.json; openaps report invoke enact/suggested.json && cat enact/suggested.json &&
Feb 21 2016 20:30
it should be part of enact
Feb 21 2016 20:32

Using username "pi".
pi@raspberrypi.local's password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Feb 21 13:29:10 2016 from fe80::786c:a9a2:812b:40d7%wlan0
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd myopenaps
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
added jocgm://JSON/iter_glucose/monitor/glucose.json
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report invoke monitor/glucose.json
jocgm://JSON/iter_glucose/monitor/glucose.json
monitor/glucose.json raised 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iter_records'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/openaps-report", line 4, in <module>
import('pkg_resources').run_script('openaps==0.0.10', 'openaps-report')
app( )
self.run(self.args)
output = app(args, self)
return self.method.main(args, app)
output = task.method(args, app)
output = self.main(args, app)
for item in self.dexcom.iter_records(self.RECORD_TYPE):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iter_records'
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report add monitor/glucose-ns.json JSON ns-glucose iter_glucose 5
usage: openaps-report add report {base,text,stdout,JSON} ns-glucose
[-h] USAGE ...
openaps-report add report {base,text,stdout,JSON} ns-glucose: error: argument USAGE: invalid choice: 'iter_glucose' (choose from 'shell')
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $

Feb 21 2016 20:32
just checking as it seems to work:
[report "enact/enacted.json"]
device = pump
input = enact/suggested.json
use = set_temp_basal
`reporter = JSON
looks ok?
Feb 21 2016 20:34
assuming your suggested.json has what i think it has in it
Feb 21 2016 20:35
openaps report add monitor/glucose-ns.json JSON ns-glucose iter_glucose 5
Is this not correct?
Feb 21 2016 20:36
suggested.json is {"temp":"absolute","bg":154,"tick":"+1","eventualBG":116,"snoozeBG":116,"reason":"116 is in range. No temp required"} ?
Feb 21 2016 20:36
I am just following the guide, I have just replaced the cgm with my NS device name
Feb 21 2016 20:37
@Nyadach that particular suggested.json won't set a temp (no need to)
But once you need a temp that should work.
Feb 21 2016 20:38
yeah thus no enacted.json correct?
Feb 21 2016 20:39
Right. We usually set up a condition in the enact alias to check for duration and only invoke the enacted report if it's present.
That way you don't lose your last enact until it's time to do a new one.
Feb 21 2016 20:39
@joannestevens you need to set up a device that talks to NS to pull your BGs from there. I’ve been using a device called ns-bgnow
not sure if it is documented anywhere. I forget who I got it from.
Feb 21 2016 20:40
I've already done that and its called ns-glucose
Feb 21 2016 20:40
ok
Feb 21 2016 20:41
thanks @scottleibrand and @jmatheson making more sense slowly
Feb 21 2016 20:41
@joannestevens I think you want to use shell instead of JSON
openaps report add monitor/glucose-ns.json shell ns-glucose iter_glucose 5
i am not very good at converting openaps.ini back to commands :)
Feb 21 2016 20:42
Better than me :+1:
Feb 21 2016 20:43
i’ve learned more trying to help other people than when i went throug it myself.
Feb 21 2016 20:43

Using username "pi".
pi@raspberrypi.local's password:

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Feb 21 13:29:10 2016 from fe80::786c:a9a2:812b:40d7%wlan0
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd myopenaps
usage: openaps-report add [-h] report {base,text,stdout,JSON} device ...
added jocgm://JSON/iter_glucose/monitor/glucose.json
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps report invoke monitor/glucose.json
jocgm://JSON/iter_glucose/monitor/glucose.json
monitor/glucose.json raised 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iter_records'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/openaps-report", line 4, in <module>
import('pkg_resources').run_script('openaps==0.0.10', 'openaps-report')
app( )
self.run(self.args)
output = app(args, self)
return self.method.main(args, app)
output = task.method(args, app)
output = self.main(args, app)
for item in self.dexcom.iter_records(self.RECORD_TYPE):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iter_records'
usage: openaps-report add report {base,text,stdout,JSON} ns-glucose
[-h] USAGE ...
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps device show
medtronic://jopump
dexcom://jocgm
process://oref0/oref0/
process://calculate-iob/oref0/calculate-iob
process://determine-basal/oref0/determine-basal
process://get-profile/o/
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ openaps device show
-bash: pi@raspberrypi: command not found
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ medtronic://jopump
-bash: medtronic://jopump: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ dexcom://jocgm
-bash: dexcom://jocgm: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ process://oref0/oref0/
-bash: process://oref0/oref0/: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ process://ns-glucose/bash -c "curl -s https://technojo.azurewebsites.net/api/v1/entries/sgv.json | json -e \"this.glucose = this.sgv\""/
-bash: process://ns-glucose/bash: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi ~/myopenaps $ process://calculate-iob/oref0/calculate-iob
-bash: process://calculate-iob/oref0/calculate-iob: No

doesn't like that
Feb 21 2016 20:48
in regards to nightscout, see @joannestevens discussing getting bg from it, is it possible for the Pi to use the local bg off the Dexcom and send that up to NS so all NS does is monitor?
Feb 21 2016 20:48
i think that is what most people do
Feb 21 2016 20:49
Any other siggestions?
Feb 21 2016 20:49
I am using a G5, so i am not set up that way. someone else should be able to chime in.
Feb 21 2016 20:50
I use and xdrip @Nyadach
Feb 21 2016 20:51
i think your ns-glucose setup has a problem. @joannestevens
Feb 21 2016 20:51
how
Feb 21 2016 20:52
i would need to see your entry in the ini
my guess is a typo when you did the add
i am leaving in a few minutes so not going to be able to help anymore right now...
Feb 21 2016 20:52
ok thanks
Feb 21 2016 20:52
with the site, it normally says setup the master version, make sure it shows cgm data, then move to the dev version for linking to APS right? but if CGM is in with APS, than that's more setup Master, won't show anything, just go to the Dev version?
thanks again for the help @jmatheson :)
Feb 21 2016 20:56
@Nyadach your assessment sounds right. probably safe to just go to dev after that first disclaimer in the docs.
Feb 21 2016 20:56
worst off means I'll have to delete site and start again, so not a biggy anyhow
Feb 21 2016 21:07
Not many people are using OpenAPS to upload BG to NS. It can be done though.
Feb 21 2016 21:08
@jmatheson

@jmatheson when you have a minute, please can you check to see if correct?

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd myopenaps

extra = jocgm.ini

[report "last_four_cgm_hours.json"]
device = jocgm
hours = 4.0
use = iter_glucose_hours

[alias]
last_four_hours = report invoke last_four_pump_hours.json last_four_cgm_hours.json
gather-profile = report invoke settings/settings.json settings/bg_targets.json settings/insulin_sensitivities.json settings/basal_profile.json settings/profile.json
monitor-pump = report invoke monitor/clock.json monitor/temp_basal.json monitor/pumphistory.json monitor/iob.json
monitor-cgm = report invoke monitor/glucose.json

use = shell
clock = monitor/clock.json
json_default =

JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 21:22
Slightly off topic, but can you all let me know what insulin you are using in your pumps?
Feb 21 2016 21:24
Novorapid or Aspart
Feb 21 2016 21:40
novorapid, and had no end of grief with it this week (duff vial)
JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 21:44
I've been using Apidra(
Dragan Maksimovic
@dm61
Feb 21 2016 21:44
humalog
JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 21:48
insulin glulisine), but am thinking about going back to NovoLog(aspart)
JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 21:54
Has anyone ever used Apidra in their pumps?
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 21:56
JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 21:57
@LadyViktoria , does it work well for you?
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 21:57
but i did not see any benefit compared to aspart
JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 21:59
i was under the impression it starts working more quickly than Aspart, no?
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 21:59
my doc said after 5 days in a pump it will loose some of its action
no. only thing you can try is to add extra bolus by injection via syrige
JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 22:02
5days, that's quite a long time. Add extra bolus by injection via syringe, I'm not following you, what would you do that for?
Feb 21 2016 22:04
shouldn't be long till we can get nn1218 which is meant to be far faster acting
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 22:05
example 9mm pump cannula means. do not do bolus higher than 9IE via pump. if you want to eat lots of fast carbs then better split this bolus and bolus a little amout (6IE) via pump and add the rest of you bolus via syrige
Feb 21 2016 22:08
Why wouldn't you do a dual or extended bolus on your pump?
Feb 21 2016 22:09
i normally do that, or even a triple if it's got fat in as well to span it out
JaysonEwer
@JaysonEwer
Feb 21 2016 22:10
Are you still carying a syringe of Apidra with you? How do you update your OpenAPS rig when you bolus with your syringe?
Feb 21 2016 22:10
An extended bolus should take care of covering for a high fat content meal.
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 22:11
no this is only a exaple where i see an adavtage of using apidra
Feb 21 2016 22:13
I LCHF
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 22:14
yes then make extended bolus sense ;)
Feb 21 2016 22:19
if rumours are true the new insulins will be active after 10mins and end about an hour, should make things more interesting with waves needing to be set more tightly for fatty foods
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 22:19
did anyone used human insulin in a pump with openaps?
Feb 21 2016 22:21
only ever used novorapid with my pump, makes me wonder what my old pig insulin would do though
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 22:21
no not pig insulin. insuman infusat for example
in the past i had a lots of rules with that to prevent low BG. but with openaps it yould easier to control....
Feb 21 2016 22:23
i remember the stuff back in early 90's, but never used it with a pump though
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 22:23
i do not like artificial hormones
Feb 21 2016 22:23
the pig was amazing, best stuff ever for hypo awareness
when I first got human remember how awareness and such vanished, docs always said they'll fix it eventually
LadyViktoria
@LadyViktoria
Feb 21 2016 22:34
:D
Feb 21 2016 23:04
when the APS says it's enacted something in the enact\enacted.json are you meant to be able to see the temp it's set on the pump? or is it tweaking the basal profile rather than setting a temp etc?
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 23:11
you'd see it on the pump, the open circle should be displayed, etc
Feb 21 2016 23:12
but nothing in the temp menu?
Jason Calabrese
@jasoncalabrese
Feb 21 2016 23:13
you'd have the option to cancel it in the temp menu
Feb 21 2016 23:14
ahh, so it's not getting the temp than hmm
Feb 21 2016 23:20
so the report the "recieved": false, and no temp means it didn't do anything?
reporting enact/enacted.json
  "requested": {
    "duration": 30,
    "rate": 1.4,
    "temp": "absolute"
  },
  "bg": 216,
  "temp": "percent",
  "snoozeBG": 230,
  "timestamp": "2016-02-21T23:00:43.455663",
  "rate": 0,
  "reason": "Eventual BG 230>123, adj. req. rate:2.8 to maxSafeBasal:1.4, no temp, setting 1.4U/hr",
  "eventualBG": 230,
  "recieved": false,
  "duration": 0,
  "tick": "+4"
but if it's set to 1.4U/hr and req is 2.8? should of set a 1U no?
Feb 21 2016 23:28
there's a clue why there
see temp: percent?
there's a preference on the pump for type of temp basal: percent vs absolute
it can only accept temp basal commands which match the type, and oref0 only does absolute type
live4sw
@live4sw
Feb 21 2016 23:30
hi all, getting ValueError: need more than 0 values to unpack when I do "iter_pump_hours 4"
Feb 21 2016 23:31
what kind of pump?
live4sw
@live4sw
Feb 21 2016 23:31
522
running 2.4A
Feb 21 2016 23:31
try again? does it always happen?
do any other commands like model work?
live4sw
@live4sw
Feb 21 2016 23:32
yep, model works fine
Feb 21 2016 23:32
@Nyadach ^^^ try setting your pump to absolute temp basal type
Feb 21 2016 23:32
ahh so the setting to switch to absolute is burried in the pumps own settings? or the oref0 ones?
Feb 21 2016 23:32
pump
basal -> temp basal -> type
err, basal -> 'temp basal type'
live4sw
@live4sw
Feb 21 2016 23:33
it's weird, since the command worked at first, then i went through a bunch of creating and invoking reports and got all the way to the oref0 stuff, and then it started giving me that ValueError
so i went back, formatted my SD card again, and started totally from scratch, and now when i set it up and just try that command first, it gives me the ValueError
Feb 21 2016 23:34
insulin rate <U/R> is the absolute?
Feb 21 2016 23:34
yeah
Feb 21 2016 23:34
thanks
Feb 21 2016 23:34
percent of basal is the percent
fwiw, the factory default is absolute
Feb 21 2016 23:36
it is? hospital probably set it to percent when i got it
Feb 21 2016 23:36
I think a lot of trainers tell people to switch to percent or do it during first visit or something because lots of people have it set without having any idea
Feb 21 2016 23:36
setting that I never really thought about
makes sense
Feb 21 2016 23:36
if using it manually, it's easier to think about in percent
that was added as a feature at some point
Feb 21 2016 23:38
guess next step is getting crontab to work hmm...with that using it as just a command it doesn't seem to want to find openaps? is it better to run a script through it instead?
Feb 21 2016 23:51
15-30mins often enough for cron? any real need to run it more/less often?
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Feb 21 2016 23:56
For starters, think about how often you get in BGs and how often you might need/want to issue new temps.
You might also want to search in Gitter here for cron, many conversations and examples to look through.
Feb 21 2016 23:59