These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus
cgm-loop.log: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute ‘iter_records’- ideas to identify root cause and prevention sought
@danamlewis Thanks again for your help. I guess the biggest question I have is comparing meal bolusing between 0.5.x and 0.6.x. (with and w/o Fiasp). If a typical meal bolus with 0.5.x (w/o Fiasp) was setting eating soon (via an IFTTT button) an hour before and then entering carbs and bolusing the entire meal 15min prior to eating (my son was/is using the bolus wizard with 0.5.x). How does this change in 0.6.x.?
It sounds like the steps in 0.6.x w/o Fiasp would be:
(1) Setting eating soon (via an IFTTT button) an hour in advance (same as 0.5.x?);
(2) Calculate meal bolus manually (disable bolus wizard) and use easy bolus button to enter a pre-bolus of x% of meal 15 mins in advance;
(2a) Should x% above be 25%/50%/75%, etc. and assume 15mins in advance is still needed
(3) Enter all the meal carbs (probably via IFTTT buttons -- will need to create approx. carb size buttons for meals as my son doesn't make it a habit of using the NS app)
(3a) Should carbs be entered right before eating or in advance?
(4) Let eSMB handle bolusing for rest of meal (i.e., 100% - x% from above).
(1) is eating soon still needed?
(2) do you need to pre-bolus?
(3) enter carbs upon eating or earlier?
(4) assume this is the same
Anything else to consider? Thanks!
@danamlewis Okay, so the plan will be to start 0.6.0 w/o SMB for a few days, then turn off bolus wizard and turn on SMB. Once we turn on SMB (w/o Fiasp), I am a bit confused. Are you saying we should do the same thing as before with 0.5.x minus the bolus wizard (i.e., use easy bolus) or use the steps I outlined above in 1 - 4. I was under the impression that with 0.6.x and eSMB you do not want or need to input the entire meal bolus upfront as SMB will handle any remainder (certainly better than temp basals).
Also, I recall some discussion about 'announcing you meal" so the system will respond. Can you provide additional context here?
https://www.amazon.com/Lithium-Rechargeable-connector-Atomic-Market/dp/B01KJ07A2Qand via AdaFruit -
https://www.adafruit.com/product/328- per their new specs, neither fit in the nice Robert Silver et al cases. The one that fits says:
PKCELL LP785060 3.7V 2500 mAhbut is smaller than the current AdaFruit one is spec’d to be … any suggestions for alternate vendors?