These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus

Jun 2018
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 00:59
@marafie if you're not comfortable figuring out when to update a dev branch, I would install the recently released 0.6.2 (master) instead
how long carbs stay active depends on how much the system observed BG rising (or failing to fall): it's not a set timeframe, but based on CGM data
did you have a CGM gap in that time frame? or was BG failing to rise due to physical activity or similar?
marafie
@marafie
Jun 19 2018 01:00
Nope their is no gap
Regarding the dev branch,,, how can I update it?
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 01:02
RTD
marafie
@marafie
Jun 19 2018 01:04
Thanks
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 01:05
I'd probably want to see a NS screenshot (or look at your NS URL, if you want to PM it) to see if it's obvious why you still have 27 COB after 4h30m
marafie
@marafie
Jun 19 2018 01:10
Will send it to you in private
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 01:50
hey guys :) I have an old explorer/edison set up that was working but the UART port got all dressed up (pointing down) and it stopped working.. my freind was able to fix it. but now when i try to log into putty this come up in PuTTY and I cant get passed it...???
image.png
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 02:10
that doesn't look very promising. can you see it on the network and/or log into it that way?
you might want to buy a new Explorer Board for your Edison.
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 02:17
turns out @marafie's issue was at least partly due to carbs reappearing at midnight when CR changed from 28 to 13. if anyone else has a big change in CRs like that, you might want to make sure that the meal CR stays in place for the full duration of any carb absorption, multiplied by the difference between the two CRs. or, you can try as @marafie is trying, and bring the meal and post-meal CRs closer together while reducing meal time basal to partially compensate for the extra mealtime bolus insulin.
this is an instance of openaps/oref0#977 (which we might want to resume work on for 0.7.0?)
alimhassam
@alimhassam
Jun 19 2018 02:27
@scottleibrand maybe ask @marafie to cherry pick the commit i have attached as a comment to this issue?
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 02:35
it's 5am there, but he might want to try that tomorrow
alimhassam
@alimhassam
Jun 19 2018 02:35
ok, i won't be able to help either as i'll be away for 1-2 weeks
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Jun 19 2018 04:52
Naively, @scottleibrand , any chance to stairstep intermediate CRs over a few hours instead of one big step?
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 05:22
I have almost had it with OpenAPS, thinking of switchin to Iphone but want to still use PC for programing and such, as my MAC is Sper old.... if this possible... hard to find the naser on FB
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 05:48
You have to have macOS to build Loop. AndroidAPS is also an option, but currently requires a different pump.
@mhaeberli yes, that will reduce the degree to which COB reappears in one bit jump. But if you end up at the same CR at the same time, you’ll still have the same COB at that time. So you have to stair step it to be more gradual, not to get there faster.
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Jun 19 2018 06:13
:+1:
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 06:22
ok what is the GItter page for LOOP?
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 06:27
This message was deleted
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 07:23
having issue with rig... but not sure how to troble shoot it so we can figure out what is not working... it use to be a functioning rig, but I havent used it in forever so trying to figure out what I need to do to make it active gain... when i try to figure it out by running stuff manually this is what comes up on PuTTY... my rig I think is not connecting to wifi as it cant connect to gethub when I tried to rerun the set up script
image.png
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 07:30
... clock issue.... but pump has correct time on it....
image.png
Jens Heuschkel
@juehv
Jun 19 2018 08:26
I had that issue once and it was solved by reinstalling the ntp packet
DaisyHK
Jun 19 2018 09:42
image.png
"something wicked happend"
Jens Heuschkel
@juehv
Jun 19 2018 09:44
eeehhhhmmm ... sounds like something is wron with your system ... I would just try it again later ^^
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 09:46
nope it said this earlier when i attempted something else... I tink maybe reflash but there are no step by step instructions on how to actually do that on a preflashed edison anywhere..
Jens Heuschkel
@juehv
Jun 19 2018 09:47
ok i have no idea about edison .. but there is some documentation how to flash it
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 09:49
yes but that is with an edison with no jubilinux already installed I think... I ahve checked several times... I dont think the right choice is to reinstall the OS when it is already there
thanks though, much appreaciated!
Jens Heuschkel
@juehv
Jun 19 2018 09:49
welcome ;)
DaisyHK
@laurathiessen
Jun 19 2018 09:50
I asked on FB but we will see if my Q get ansered... if not I may come back an bug some different peeps lol
k night
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Jun 19 2018 09:55
@laurathiessen in my experience, the Edison flash/reflash instructions in the oref0 documents should work for you. I have had good luck using my Mac to flash from as long as my cables are good. Worth trying different cables if your first attempts fail
Jon Cluck
@cluckj
Jun 19 2018 13:18
@laurathiessen you're right, it looks like your rig is not connected to the internet
Tatjana
@LongboatAline
Jun 19 2018 14:47
@laurathiessen try to check for a. Hardware link on your network port (cable connected, traffic led flashing),b. general protocol (can you 'ping' a host with a known IP address on your local network),c. routing intermediate systems (
(Does your next hop/router answer), d. routing configuration (correct interface, default route), e. Address resolution (nslookup), resolver configuration
Tatjana
@LongboatAline
Jun 19 2018 14:53
Basically start with your endpoint and work your way outwards for each protocol layer you can debug upwards in the protocol stack.
Sorry I'm soaking in the tub atm, and the phone kbd is a bit limiting :)
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Jun 19 2018 15:06
One thing you can do if you can get to the terminal on your Edison is: ‘ifconfig’ which will show you your networks. Try to confirm that you can ping the gateway on your wlan interface. If you can’t ping gateway, you have to fix that first - wpa_supplicant.conf is what you’ll likely have to edit. If you CAN, try pinging 8.8.8.8 (google dns) . If that works, then your network should work, OR your DNS on the Edison needs to be configured...
Jon Cluck
@cluckj
Jun 19 2018 15:06
yep
N3FM
@N3FM
Jun 19 2018 22:59
Trying my hand at code modification... I forked the code, and edited it. Now, how do I get MY modified code into the rig?
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Jun 19 2018 23:02
probably easiest to delete ~/src/oref0 and re-clone it using your github repo clone URL