These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus

Aug 2018
John Benjamin
@Bender1061
Aug 25 2018 00:58
So one of the Newer problems with windows 10. it disables the ability to connect to a device in your network with the hostname.local Real annoying as you need to know the IP address to connect to the device. This is not an issue with Windows 7 as I've found, just something new on Windows 10. So It's been driving me crazy, as I have way more rigs running in my house than I really need to have. so remembering them is driving me crazy. and using Fing on my phone to find them is just too much work. So I found a solution. I installed Samba with sudo apt-get -y install samba This did the trick nicely. Now can't take all the credit for it, I found it here. http://thisdavej.com/solution-for-cant-ping-raspberry-pi-hostname-on-the-network/ Now my question is should we just add it to the Install? I believe we should. And On the Edison, no reason not too. but the Pi Zero, we are trying to not overload the thing. Now it's running on both a Pi Zero and and Edison for me and it's worth it. But want some feed back, before I make a PR.
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Aug 25 2018 01:03
I have two edisons which just this week, on the same day, stopped talking to WiFi networks. They also no longer talk to my USB connections. I have hints that their flash memory filled up. Any advice?
John Benjamin
@Bender1061
Aug 25 2018 01:29
generally when that happens to me, I can tera term with serial, and then I run df -h generally you will see no free memory. Then I run logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.conf a couple times.
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Aug 25 2018 02:54
thx - on my end, I can’t even get a reaction on the serial terminal
Lin
@denglfddd
Aug 25 2018 06:37
Need some help, my rig can't connect to the computer,
QQ截图20180825143241.png
Lin
@denglfddd
Aug 25 2018 06:54
Even though I tried many different cables
GlossySwan
@GlossySwan
Aug 25 2018 09:13
Hello all - am struggling with install of ore0 to Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian lite. Install script runs nearly to completion, but ends as follows:
I have re-installed Raspbian lite several times, both via PiBakery and via NOOBS and have proven the wifi connection. I have also been able to ping GitHub from the Raspberry Pi3 via ssh over wifi, so pretty confident it is not a connection issue
is there something in the final line to indicate a directory not building correctly? Am at limits of my knowledge!
GlossySwan
@GlossySwan
Aug 25 2018 09:18
If I attempt to move on with the install I get the following:
root@cygnetpi3:~# cd ~/src/oref0 && git checkout dev
-bash: cd: /root/src/oref0: No such file or directory
and a dir command shows only one directory in the raspberry pi, named src
so my instinct is that the build process is not creating a required directory for some reason?
N3FM
@N3FM
Aug 25 2018 15:03
@rumil I bought an antenna from, I think, Heli-Flight... They are common for RC model aircraft video feeds. Search eBay for "u.fl 915 antenna" (or 868 if not NA).
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Aug 25 2018 15:20
@GlossySwan it could also be that you don't have internet connectivity to reach github. What do you get with ping 62.252.172.241
kobradley
@kobradley
Aug 25 2018 16:18

My Edison/Explorer Board rig stopped working. I tried to reinstall openaps and I am getting the following error:

To run again with these same options, use:

oref0-setup --dir=/root/myopenaps --serial=518716 --cgm=g5 --ns-host=http://kobcgm.herokuapp.com --api-secret= --tty=/dev/spidev5.1 --max_iob=3 --enable=' autotune ' --radio_locale='US' --btmac=''

Continue? y/[N] y
Removing any existing git in /root/myopenaps/.git
Removed any existing git
Checking openaps 0.2.1 installation with --nogit support
openaps 0.2.1-dev
Checking /root/myopenaps: mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/root/myopenaps’: File exists
/root/myopenaps initialized
/root/src/oref0/ already exists; pulling latest
Updating 498c1b9..cab5fb0
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
bin/oref0-bash-common-functions.sh
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
Couldn't pull latest oref0

Below is pump-log:
mmtune: Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
No wait required.
If pump and rig are close enough, this error usually self-resolves. Stand by for the next loop.
Unsuccessful oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:08:23 EDT 2018

duty cycling disabled; start loop

Starting oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:09:03 EDT 2018 with 15 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: First loop: not waiting

Continuing oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:09:04 EDT 2018

Preflight fail. Retry 1 of preflight
Preflight fail. Listening: .No interfering pump comms detected from other rigs (this is a good thing!)
Continuing oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:09:11 EDT 2018

Retry 2 of preflight
Continuing oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:09:15 EDT 2018

Retry 3 of preflight
Preflight fail. Couldn't preflight
oref0-pump-loop failed. pump_loop_completed more than 15m old; waiting for 21 s silence before mmtuning
Continuing oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:09:18 EDT 2018

Listening for 21 s silence before mmtuning: Listening: .No interfering pump comms detected from other rigs (this is a good thing!)
Continuing oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:09:19 EDT 2018

mmtune: Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
No wait required.
Unsuccessful oref0-pump-loop at Sat Aug 25 12:09:22 EDT 2018

This is my first time to use gitter. I appreciate insight into resolving the error(s).

Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Aug 25 2018 16:36

@kobradley scott gave earlier advice that may apply here: one other note for anyone upgrading dev. If you get:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
 bin/oref0-upload-entries.sh
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

then just do what it suggests and run git stash and try again. that was from us forgetting to make that oref0-upload-entries.sh executable. npm helpfully does that for you, which is great until you want to pull an update. once you pull the new version of dev with the permissions set properly, you won't get that error again until the next time we add a file and forget to make it executable. :)

Samuchco
@Samuchco
Aug 25 2018 17:07
Question: on the explorer board (with Edison), the lights to the right corner are blinking green and red.
The two lights next to the microUSBs . Any suggestions
kobradley
@kobradley
Aug 25 2018 17:18
@Ebgineer
@Ebgineer Thanks for your response. I will give that a try. I forgot to mention there is a very faint red light right of UART port that stays on...did not notice when rig was working properly.
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Aug 25 2018 17:22
@Samuchco that’s normal when the rig is using the radio.
@kobradley just one dim LED? Or both? You might need to ccprog
Also looks like tour install didn’t complete, and you’ll need to cd ~/src/oref0 && git stash as @Ebgineer mentioned.
Samuchco
@Samuchco
Aug 25 2018 17:38
Thanks Scott
GlossySwan
@GlossySwan
Aug 25 2018 17:42
@Ebgineer - thanks you. Ping results shown below:
root@cygnetpi3:~# ping 62.252.172.241
PING 62.252.172.241 (62.252.172.241) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 62.252.172.241: icmp_seq=1 ttl=244 time=27.4 ms
@kobradley
Aug 25 2018 17:42
Thanks Scott...only one dim LED
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Aug 25 2018 18:28
@GlossySwan your internet connection is definitely ok, so that's not the problem. not sure why the install isn't creating all the directories for you. in my case I had different errors, but had to run install several times (without reinstalling raspbian lite each time) from this section of the docs https://openaps.readthedocs.io/en/master/docs/Build%20Your%20Rig/pi-install.html?highlight=install#run-openaps-install-sh
GlossySwan
@GlossySwan
Aug 25 2018 18:30
okay - I'll keep trying. Random thought, is it possible that this is arising because I'm using a Pi3 vice a Pi0W?
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Aug 25 2018 18:35
the first error is usually the most important. for you that seems to be a timeout getting the install files from github. I don't see a reason that wouldn't work with a pi3
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Aug 25 2018 18:42
GlossySwan
@GlossySwan
Aug 25 2018 18:50
Great - working through the ideas there now. thank you
jalonergan
@jalonergan
Aug 25 2018 19:23
Looking for assistance with getting preflight to finish. I have the Pi Hat Rig. I see it mmtuning but it does not successful get through preflight even with the pump sitting right next to the Rig. Any tips/advice greatly appreciated!
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Aug 25 2018 19:30
cd ~/myopenaps; killall -g oref0-pump-loop; OREF0_DEBUG=1 oref0-pump-loop
jalonergan
@jalonergan
Aug 25 2018 19:47
if it keeps trying to reboot for radio errors when re-running setup, is that ignorble or is that casuing issues
live4sw
@live4sw
Aug 25 2018 19:53
Random question, one of the nuts on my explorer board keeps coming loose, and it is difficult to fully tighten it just by hand. Is there a good tool to tighten it?
Ebgineer