These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus

Oct 2018
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Oct 17 2018 00:09
@benhamou I've lost interest in trying to understand the math behind academic APS efforts. they're always too complex for me to learn anything from, and/or ineffective compared to OpenAPS
HuffCam
@HuffCam
Oct 17 2018 00:10
I'm surprised to read it isn't a PID controller. I assume that's a choice made on the basis that you can't have the large excursions that a PID might create under complex circumstances.
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Oct 17 2018 00:17
@HuffCam if you haven't already; reading the OpenAPS reference design and the page in the docs describing the algorithm in more detail are good background reads
tzachi-dar
@tzachi-dar
Oct 17 2018 00:20
Just installed the openaps to the pi. OVerall, went well, still there are some small things that could be polished. Looking it controlling the pump now (it is not connected to anyone yet, and no real values were given).
Thanks foe anyone who wrote this amazing project.
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Oct 17 2018 00:24
@tzachi-dar :+1:
tzachi-dar
@tzachi-dar
Oct 17 2018 00:25
I'll right more comments on what we can improve tommorow. It is 3am here.
KS615
@KS615
Oct 17 2018 01:04
Hi all, I'm running the interactive set up script and have never seen this line before: "would you like to download released precompiled Go pump communication or install an unofficial"
what does this mean?
KS615
@KS615
Oct 17 2018 01:11
I've been trying to re-run the set up to change the pump serial number and I keep getting stuck at this error: SyntaxError: /root/myopenaps/updated_preferences.json: Unexpected end of JSON in put
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at Object.Module._extensions..json (module.js:672:27)
at Module.load (module.js:566:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:506:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:498:3)
at Module.require (module.js:597:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (/root/src/oref0/bin/oref0-get-profile.js:87:23)
at Module._compile (module.js:653:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:664:10)
Could not run oref0-get-profile
I've deleted myopenaps directory , re-ran it, and got the same error
Any suggestions
?
HuffCam
@HuffCam
Oct 17 2018 01:20
Have you folks had any positive reaction from the medical community, as distinct from
as distinct from the manufacturers?
I'd have thought there'd be interest if it's reliably helping people achieve better numbers.
I can understand the manufacturers being a bit cautious.
Jeremy Cunningham
@jpcunningh
Oct 17 2018 02:01
@KS615, do you know how to checkout a pull request? PR #1141 is an attempt to fix that and needs testing.
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Oct 17 2018 04:22
@huffcam yes, we have a lot of support from providers
tynbendad
@tynbendad
Oct 17 2018 08:04
If I followed these instructions and reflashed the radio a dozen times with no improvement, is it safe to say my explorer board (Edison variety) died? https://openaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/docs/Resources/troubleshooting.html?highlight=subg#could-not-get-subg-rfspy-state-or-version-ccprog
Swapped a different explorer onto same Edison and it works fine...
jcwarrior
@jcwarrior
Oct 17 2018 15:59
Hi! Does anyone knows if it's available in some form the iPump and iCGM specification? Could anyone develop a tool and communicate it with an iPump compatible pump and an iCGM? Thank you in advance. I have googled it but didn't found anything.
Is there any plans to integrate iCGM or iPump into OpenAPS, Loop or AndroidAPS?
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Oct 17 2018 16:02
the only iCGM so far is Dexcom. No one has yet gotten approval for an iPump
jcwarrior
@jcwarrior
Oct 17 2018 16:15
yes of course. But Tandem is on the way for two iPumps approvals. I'm looking for the specifications. I'd like to read it
Michael Spradling
@M1Sports20
Oct 17 2018 18:40
@ecc You mentions you had good results with Samsung EVO Plus. Did you have problems with other brands of class 10 sd cards? I have a class 10 and I am still having slow sd card issues. I am still debugging...
Eric