These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus

Nov 2018
hosamn
@hosamn
Nov 08 2018 01:39

was trying to run autotune manually...

Running this on Ubuntu:
sudo curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openaps/docs/master/scripts/quick-packages.sh | bash -

Stops with error :
E: Package 'nodejs-legacy' has no installation candidate

So I downloaded quick-packages.sh and ran it line by line replacing nodejs-legacy by nodejs....
and every thing went ok... at least I guess it did :)

Also it totally refused to run until I deleted AUTH_DEFAULT_ROLES
from my configs :(
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Nov 08 2018 02:09
Are you running on Windows with WSL?
Abigail Cember
@acember
Nov 08 2018 02:16
Question: As far as I can tell from looking at determine_basal(), the variable 'maxSafeBasal' is set directly from the pump, with no further calculations. But when I was watching my loop in the terminal, I kept seeing 'maxSafeBasal' set to something lower than I have it set to in the pump. Am I missing something here?
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Nov 08 2018 02:23
It also uses (by default) 3x max daily basal, or 4x current basal, to limit maxSafeBasal.
Abigail Cember
@acember
Nov 08 2018 02:24
Ah, that explains that. Is that hardcoded right now into determine_basal, or can I just it in the regular settings?
*adjust
Also, while I'm on here, I'm going to put on my scientist hat and assert that you do NOT need to worry about 'health risks' from EM radiation at these amplitudes in this area of the spectrum! @scottleibrand @PieterGit (I work in MRI research, so in general if people have questions about fields and photons and whether they will harm us or our devices, try asking me. I am probably the only person here whose Dexcom transmitter has seen multiple-Tesla field strength....)
Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Nov 08 2018 02:36
@acember you might be confusing Max basal (on pump) and the other maxsafebasal, which is calculated by rig
Oh sorry, you're right
johnnymule
@johnnymule
Nov 08 2018 18:50

My OpenAPS doesn't appear to be pulling carb data from Bolus Wizard entries. They appear in Nightscout timeline as "Correction Bolus. Normal bolus (solo, no bolus wizard)."

Wondering if this is an issue, or another limitation of the x12 pump.

Dana Lewis
@danamlewis
Nov 08 2018 18:51
does the rig see the carbs in the logs?
johnnymule
@johnnymule
Nov 08 2018 18:55
Nope.
[{"amount":3,"age":120}],"_date":""}],"programmed":5.7,"duration":0,"amount":5.7,"_head":"01393900","type":"normal","_date":"b9e32c0812"},"timestamp":"2018-11-08T12:35:57-05:00","created_at":"2018-11-08T12:35:57-05:00","eventType":"Correction Bolus","insulin":5.7,"notes":"Normal bolus (solo, no bolus wizard).\nCalculated IOB: 5.861\nProgrammed bolus 5.7\nDelivered bolus 5.7\nPercent delivered:  100%","medtronic":"mm://openaps/mm-format-ns-treatments/Correction Bolus","enteredBy":"openaps://medtronic/512","_id":"5be47cbf6e2c0be0cba435b5"},{"_type":"BolusWizard512","_description":"BolusWizard512 2018-11-08T12:35:57 head[2], body[12] op[0x2f]","timestamp":"2018-11-08T12:35:57-05:00","_body":"285007197800390000000039","_head":"2f00","_date":"b9e30c0812","medtronic":"mm://openaps/mm-format-ns-treatments/BolusWizard512","created_at":"2018-11-08T12:35:57-05:00","enteredBy":"openaps://medtronic/512","eventType":"Note","notes":"BolusWizard512 512 ","_id":"5be47cbf6e2c0be0cba435b8"}]
djnoor
@djnoor
Nov 08 2018 19:35
I have my Edison Rig connected to my phone via Bluetooth tethering so it can use the phone's data or wifi connection. I've noticed it briefly disconnects periodically. Looking at the logs, this seems to be because oref0 online is running and searching for wifi networks. Is there a way to turn off that feature and turn off wifi on the Rig so it only does bluetooth tethering and doesn't try to change connections?
Seems like that would save battery life.
johnnymule
@johnnymule
Nov 08 2018 19:45
Comment out wlan0 in /etc/network/interfaces? You'd then have to connect to your phone's hotspot to SSH in.
Jon Cluck
@cluckj
Nov 08 2018 20:37
@johnnymule when did you last update openaps or install it?
there was an issue with that back in May, but it should be fixed now: ecc1/medtronic@3cc9407
johnnymule
@johnnymule
Nov 08 2018 21:05
Thanks Chuck. Reflashed Jubilinux and installed less than a week ago.
~/myopenaps# npm list -g oref0
/usr/local/lib
└── oref0@0.6.2
Jon Cluck
@cluckj
Nov 08 2018 21:22
Oh, you're on master?
johnnymule
@johnnymule
Nov 08 2018 21:23
What should I be on?
Jon Cluck
@cluckj
Nov 08 2018 21:47
If you're comfortable switching to dev it may fix your problem, or you can enter carbs into nightscout 😊
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Nov 08 2018 21:55
updated a few Edisons to dev last weekend (the wrong way initially, i used runagain vs setup). I have since updated the right way. I am paired and can cause connections from ssh now, but somehow it is still not tethering automatically anymore (since the update). any suggestions?
Martin Haeberli
@mhaeberli
Nov 08 2018 22:02
also, i’d love a reminder as to how to re-enable carbsreq alerts - I thought I had kept them on during the update...
Tim Howard
@tghoward
Nov 08 2018 23:47
A full, clean Edison install to dev got me Logger working for the G6, but now I've got talk-to-pump problems
Radio check failed. ImportError: No module named spi_serial
I can't even find the easy way to re-install mmeowlink ... if that's what I need to do
Scott Leibrand
@scottleibrand
Nov 08 2018 23:52
Dev doesn’t use mmeowlink. It uses the new Go based pump comms.
Tim Howard
@tghoward
Nov 08 2018 23:56
ah ... right. It can't find anything. I guess I'm going back to step 1 ... Thanks.
should the go folder be at root along with myopenaps or in src?