These are chat archives for nightscout/intend-to-bolus

Jan 2019
renegadeandy
@renegadeandy
Jan 27 00:43

@scottleibrand I am having a hard time contacting the original developer of xDripAPS to get him to review , accept my pull request.

When do we decide to split and have my version pulled into OpenAPS instead of his, as he isn't part of this community anymore (he uses loop instead)

renegadeandy
@renegadeandy
Jan 27 01:09
@Dave9111 yeah i know that software isn't going to fix the problem I was seeing. But software can detect and surface this failure in a more handled way.
AndrewLovettHome
@AndrewLovettHome
Jan 27 03:30
Hello. I'm trying to setup openaps rig for first time. Have go to end of step 4 and rebooted but can't view any logs running. when I type in the "l" command I get this - tail: cannot open '/var/log/openaps/pump-loop.log' for reading: No such file or directory. However the files all seem to be there but the loop does not appear to have commenced. Very new to all this.
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 03:32
@AndrewLovettHome it's possible you didn't select the option to start the jobs running. What do you get with crontab -l?
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 03:40
hm sorry I should have mentioned, don't share the api secret and nightscout host info since this is a public channel
you can edit your message and delete that info
there should be a line in the crontab schedule there that talks about oref0-pump-loop
If that line isn't there then your loop probably isn't starting
AndrewLovettHome
@AndrewLovettHome
Jan 27 03:44
root@Finch:/# crontab -l
NIGHTSCOUT_HOST=https://myt1dkenthome.herokuapp.com
API_SECRET=
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/go/bin
          • cd /root/myopenaps && oref0-cron-every-minute
            @reboot cd /root/myopenaps && oref0-cron-post-reboot
            5 4 cd /root/myopenaps && oref0-cron-nightly /15 cd /root/myopenaps && oref0-cron-every-15min
Sorry ... got rid of it in new post
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 03:44
no problem :) It's just a security thing
If that is your whole crontab, it definitely hasn't set up the scheduling part yet.
AndrewLovettHome
@AndrewLovettHome
Jan 27 03:45
I believe I did answer the cron questions in line with the instructions and so there must be something that went wrong in that process?
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 03:46
Right, you might try just rerunning the setup script. No harm in that.
AndrewLovettHome
@AndrewLovettHome
Jan 27 03:46
shall do
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 03:47
Are you running on pi or edison rig?
AndrewLovettHome
@AndrewLovettHome
Jan 27 03:47
pi
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 03:48
ok, me too
AndrewLovettHome
@AndrewLovettHome
Jan 27 03:49
will try again a little later in the day. ty for you help
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 03:49
any time!
Jon Cluck
@cluckj
Jan 27 04:11
those are the right cron entries for dev, try starting cron manually with systemctl start cron and if that works, systemctl enable cron
you can check error messages with systemctl status cron
Ebgineer
@Ebgineer
Jan 27 04:25
first time user might want to use master vs. dev though?
wfeddern
@wfeddern
Jan 27 17:56
I am on my second pi hat, and about a month in the screen stopped working (same thing happened on first one). Was still working fine up until a couple days ago, and now just get:
mmtune: 2019/01/26 23:02:54 cannot connect to CC111x radio on /dev/spidev0.0
2019/01/26 23:02:54 cc111x: no response
Any recommendations on anything I can do to try to get it back to life while waiting on a new batch? Could it be my pi0 is somehow bad and taking out these boards? or are they just fragile and I need to build some better protection around it? Thought I was being fairly gentle with it.
Ivica Suran
@isuran
Jan 27 22:58
last two hours spent troubleshooting edison remotely, finding that he's missing explorer board. sight ;)
@wfeddern try avoid loosing power when in communication with pump. Did you try to reflash it?
wfeddern
@wfeddern
Jan 27 23:03
when you say reflash, how much do you suggest reloading? just openaps? or back to linux install? or is there some other reflash procedure?
@isuran going to start with running npm run global-install again.