Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Activity
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    Great news!
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    WG Meeting notes: (1) Jim and Ryan worked on final WG presentation and update message, (2) Ryan will post update message to GitHub, (3) Jim will iterate on final presentation and make sure Wenjing has it for ONNX Community meeting in Shanghai, (4) Some discussion of Press Release and future events, (5) Some discussion of future directions and optimizations, and trusted AI collaboration
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    @jimspohrer PR to add LF AI status update to github files: onnx/working-groups#23

    Status update: On October 17, 2019 the ONNX Steering Committee voted to join Linux Foundation AI (LF AI). On October 24, 2019 the LF AI Technical Advisory Board voted to accept our proposal to join LF AI and on October 31, 2019 the LF AI board unanimously approved ONNX joining LF AI as a Graduate Project.

    A formal announcement will be made on November 14, 2019. If you are an ONNX member company and would like to provide a quote for the press release from LF AI, please contact Prasanth Pulavarthi.

    (this is the update)
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    @ryan-nervana thanks - looks good
    @prasanthpul let us know if you want any changes to above
    Prasanth Pulavarthi
    @prasanthpul
    @jimspohrer looks fine to me. thanks. we have a LF AI person scheduled for Shanghai workshop and can include Foundation WG speaker in the community updates for Shanghai workshop if desired
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    @prasanthpul OK - will iterate with WG team on a few slides that Wenjing can present in a very short update.
    @wenjing are you confirmed for Shanghai event?
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    Just connected Apple folks (e.g., Dave Lester) to Scott Nicholas (Linux Foundation) regarding their CLA inquiry
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    Thanks @jimspohrer
    Wenjing Chu
    @wenjing
    @jimspohrer Yes I will. (I still have a legal clearance to do but I don't expect that being an issue.)
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    Sorry I didn't make the meeting today. @jimspohrer any updates or anything I can do to help?
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    @ryan-nervana no worries - the presentation you just sent looks really, really good.
    @wenjing please let us know if you have any questions for presentation
    Good luck all in Shanghai - sorry I cannot attend this time
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    Thanks @jimspohrer. If anyone has edits, here is the presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IjswgigaleDqOhb45AB5tEZG-l4mO2T5DENQGm1QAT8/edit?usp=sharing
    Great work everyone!
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    +1 , thanks everyone
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    LF AI Tac zoom happening now with Tencent presentation on Angel and Pyro - https://zoom.us/j/430697670
    ONNX was mentioned a few times already
    Nice chart on one year growth of committers and contributors for Angel after LF AI membership - which is a good challenge for us in ONNX community
    The zoom is being recorded and will be posted to LF AI TAC website
    LF AI TAC meetings are open to the public and held every other Thursday from 6am-7am PT.
    ONNX representative(s) should try to attend call from time to time. We can use this Gitter to compile any updates to share with the community - and work to grow ONNX contributors and committers
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    Sharing future roadmap also good - so perhaps a summary of ONNX community meetings can briefly be shared on LF AI TAC calls as well - I am happy to help with that ...
    @wenjing @ryan-nervana @prasanthpul happy to coordinate with you all on this when we have a chance
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    @prasanthpul thanks for joining LF AI TAC - a bit early for us on the West Coast :-)
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    I agree, that is a good idea Jim. Also, just FYI that we at Intel are anxiously awaiting the completion of the final charter by LF AI so we can contribute to ONNX. Not sure why we are stuck but our lawyer has been sending daily reminders to LF Legal to ask for it. Hopefully we are close.
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    Harry mentioned that there is an onboarding meeting with LF AI tomorrow. Sounds like we will know more then :-)
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    @ryan-nervana thanks for the update - let me know if I can help
    Prasanth Pulavarthi
    @prasanthpul
    With LF AI, we have a calendar where we can list all the SIG/WG meetings. Is someone interested in setting this up with @harryskim and me?
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    Happy to help with this @prasanthpul. Do I need an LFAI gsuite account or something like that? I can work with Harry if he is in the loop on this already.
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    @prasanthpul @ryan-nervana happy to help too
    @ryan-nervana expert on all LF infrastructure is:
    Program Manager
    The Linux Foundation
    +1 (415) 676-1127 (m)
    jserafin@linuxfoundation.org
    Regular Hours: 6am-3pm PT
    Jacqueline Serafin" jserafin@linuxfoundation.org
    "tac-general@lists.lfai.foundation" tac-general@lists.lfai.foundation
    Technical Advisory Council is open to all which an interest in LFAI
    Re: "a calendar where we can list all the SIG/WG meetings." - I am still learning all the LFAI infrastructue and tools - they tend to try to use infrastructure and tools that work for a global audience - Asia/China, EU/MEA, USA/Amercia, etc. - as FYI....
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    Will ask @ibmjedi to ensure WG for converters (Chin Huang) and treaining (Svetlana Levitan) are in the calendar for LFAI - to help grow awareness and broader global community activity
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    Looking for good ONNX overview and intro presentations - if anyone has one to share - that would be great
    Thomas Truong
    @ibmjedi
    @jimspohrer I will make sure relevant WG and SIG meetings we organize are added to the LF AI calendar. @prasanthpul and @harryskim please authorize me to edit/add calendar entries or let me know if you need help getting that set up.
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    Thanks @ibmjedi
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    Ryan Loney
    @ryan-nervana
    @jimspohrer awesome re: MLIR. I've shared this issue with our Intel team working on MLIR.
    Jim Spohrer
    @jimspohrer
    Thanks @ryan-nervana that would be great to link efforts
    Thomas Truong
    @ibmjedi
    The IBM team has been given access to LF AI community meetings & calendars. We will schedule future ONNX Training WG and ONNX Converters SIG community calls from the foundation's calendar and use their zoom account.