These are chat archives for opal/opal

Jun 2015
Mitch VanDuyn
@catmando
Jun 15 2015 00:11
if anybody cares here is a gist on how to get opal-rspec working together with normal rspec in the same app (pre opal-rails v 0.8 which we can't use because we are on rails 3.2)
Vais Salikhov
@vais
Jun 15 2015 01:49
@elia I will work on a draft of the CHANGELOG.md based on https://github.com/opal/opal/compare/0-7-stable...0-8-stable tonight and submit as a PR
Shaun August
@tsugua
Jun 15 2015 03:27
Does anyone know if there is a CDN for opal-jquery 0.3.0 and opal-browser?
Shaun August
@tsugua
Jun 15 2015 04:47
This message was deleted
Vais Salikhov
@vais
Jun 15 2015 12:23
Another week has passed, and this means it's time for another Opal RubySpec update! :tada: The number of passing specs this week is... :sparkles: 6100 :sparkles:, up from the measly 5122 number reported last week :smile: But how is that even possible?..., I hear you ask. Well, it turns out there were a lot of specs that Opal was already passing without us knowing about it, because those specs were simply not being run. LOL, here's to another 1000 passing specs! :beers:
AstonJ
@AstonJ
Jun 15 2015 14:58

MetaRuby.com has gone live

Hi Everyone - MetaRuby.com has just gone live! Please drop by and help promote Ruby on the client side via Opal :-)

If you are also interested in being part of the Opal Strategies team, please PM me your username and I'll add you to the group giving you access to the private section - our first set of threads have just gone up too so your input would be greatly appreciated:

Do you think Opal and Volt need to pick a fight like Rails did? (Rails Envy)

Side by side comparisons - showing how doing things are easier/better in Opal & Volt

How do you think we can get more developers interested in Opal?

If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback these would be appreciated too :)

Forrest Chang
@fkchang
Jun 15 2015 16:30
@globalkeith no prob, glad to help
@catmando looks like u took the path similar to how opal-rails runs opal specs in a different directory. I don't remember it being a big deal to support, except wrt load paths and not auto compiling specs in app code
Mitch VanDuyn
@catmando
Jun 15 2015 17:04
@fkchang yeah that last bit was where I got stuck last night and gave up :-(. I.e. I could not get it to compile the opal code when I wanted. It was compiling it during the startup of the server tests
Jared White
@jaredcwhite
Jun 15 2015 22:36
@AstonJ Awesome! I'll check it out shortly
Ghost
@ghost~5377c1e9048862e761fa1c25
Jun 15 2015 23:24
How does Opal run RubySpecs? I see the RubySpec repo, but no tags, and no MSpec.
Elia Schito
@elia
Jun 15 2015 23:53
@chrisseaton precompiles the whole suite to JavaScript and then runs it in the browser
Ghost
@ghost~5377c1e9048862e761fa1c25
Jun 15 2015 23:54
Ok - are there no tags though? You can't run all the specs, right?
Elia Schito
@elia
Jun 15 2015 23:55
No, look into spec/filters
and spec/rubyspecs
the latter is the list of specs we run
Ghost
@ghost~5377c1e9048862e761fa1c25
Jun 15 2015 23:56
Ah got it, thanks
Elia Schito
@elia
Jun 15 2015 23:56
i think we're ranging around 6.1k specs
gotta go (btw truffle is super cool)