These are chat archives for openseadragon/openseadragon

Jun 2017
Ian Gilman
@iangilman
Jun 16 2017 00:05
@WilliamCarlos It works as far as I can tell...
What browser are you using?
I opened up the inspector on http://openseadragon.github.io/ and selected the #contentDiv and added cursor: pointer and it took on the pointer cursor. This was in Mac Firefox
William Lee
@WilliamCarlos
Jun 16 2017 17:33
this is on chrome on a mbp... I just made a simple test and you're right, it works hmm
probably something to do with mustache templating/django, I'll look into it more
Ian Gilman
@iangilman
Jun 16 2017 17:33
Cool
William Lee
@WilliamCarlos
Jun 16 2017 17:34
is there a way to get a "screenshot" or the canvas from the most zoomed out level?
I saw
var img = viewer.drawer.canvas.toDataURL("image/png");
Ian Gilman
@iangilman
Jun 16 2017 17:35
Yeah, you would need to zoom out and then do something like that
William Lee
@WilliamCarlos
Jun 16 2017 17:35
I'm trying to combine the canvas layer in fabricjs with the most zoomed out/"original" version of the OSD image so I can export image
ah ok. So manually set the zoom level and use that is my best bet?
Ian Gilman
@iangilman
Jun 16 2017 17:35
Do you mean most zoomed in?
You would need to make your canvas big enough to contain the entire image, of course, which might be difficult depending on the size of your image
William Lee
@WilliamCarlos
Jun 16 2017 17:36
that looks great! thanks :)
should have checked the plugin list first mb
Ian Gilman
@iangilman
Jun 16 2017 17:37
Cool. Another possibility is keeping a non-tiled copy of the full image on your server so you can combine it with the overlays server-side and export that way...
(depends on if your full image is small enough to manipulate completely on the client)
William Lee
@WilliamCarlos
Jun 16 2017 17:39
Yes! I was thinking of that--just tested the fabricjs-OSD plugin and their canvas.dataToURL() function actually only exports the current zoom/screen so it should work perfectly with var img = viewer.drawer.canvas.toDataURL("image/png"); :)
for some reason I thought it exported a non-tiled version
thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated <3