These are chat archives for openworm/ChannelWorm

31st
Jul 2015
Travis Jacobs
@travs
Jul 31 2015 17:07 UTC
Ok, I'm trying to get the dev build to pass then we should be good to make a PR
@VahidGh Do you know the answer to Rick's question over here?
Travis Jacobs
@travs
Jul 31 2015 19:11 UTC
Ok, the doc for channelworm testing is live
Let me know if the perms aren't working for you
Vahid Ghayoomie
@VahidGh
Jul 31 2015 19:22 UTC
OK, I left my answer under the issue raised by Rick.
I was also thinking about storing those parameters somewhere. Opened #138 for this one.
And thanks for the doc, now we can start brainstorming the testing milestone.
@travs, As the data entry process is in the high priority, what's your idea about spending an hour a day for this?
Vahid Ghayoomie
@VahidGh
Jul 31 2015 19:27 UTC
Let me know your preferred time in addition to the positive response, please :D
Vahid Ghayoomie
@VahidGh
Jul 31 2015 20:39 UTC
@travs, OK. I merged the master with dev branch.
From now on we can work on a separate branch, merge it with dev, and then to master when flagged as stable/new version.
Travis Jacobs
@travs
Jul 31 2015 20:40 UTC
@VahidGh Yeah I can certainly spend some time curating this coming week!
@stripathy What is your schedule like these days? Any chance you can join us for another "curate-athon"?
@VahidGh That sounds good; thanks for the merge.
I was going to answer @mcurtis125 in #67 and #68, but I don't know enough about the optimization we have implemented. @VahidGh Do you know how far along with each of these we currently are? I can help update the issues if you would like :D
Vahid Ghayoomie
@VahidGh
Jul 31 2015 21:06 UTC

I had a short chat with @mcurtis125, he was interesting in both optimization and working on django.
For now we do need some integration, first of all, to be able to get data from db, and better organize the Initiator class. @miladjafary is interested in working on this issue.
When this is done, we can easily work on digitized data, in django app.

#68 is more related to the testing framework and also the SciUnit tests (the same as the ipython file for other channels, and also considering V/t curves)

As for #67 we need to play with some weights and optimization parameters to generate better models.

As the UI is not yet available, so we need also to change min-max values manually for each ion channel.