These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Dec 2014
Brad Davis
@thecolorblue
Dec 16 2014 11:57
Hi @aaronjudd, I went down a slightly different path. I tried copying how tags are added to products to add ingredients. It seems to be working except for I cannot add the ingredients id to the product.
I think this is the line that is not saving the ingredient id: Products.update(productId, {$push:{"ingredients":existingIngredient._id}})
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 14:09
@thecolorblue maybe Products.update(productId,{$addToSet:{ingredients:existingIngredient._id}})
or just $set if it’s not an array of ingredients
you’ll want to extend the product schema and add ‘ingredients’ as well
@taylorsmithgg I’ll try to look at the package today
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 16:36
are you guys watching arunoda’s talk on meteorhacks on how to avoid using PhantomJS?
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 16:52
you guys just got a shout out from arunoda, haha
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 16:57
Is he talking about getting rid of phantoms? I've been paying attention, will be Soon!
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 16:58
well, he says that phantom uses old js version and a bunch of things on why it’s not the best way to do server-side rendering
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 17:01
Oh yes. Cool I'll watch soon
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 17:01
they just finished the server-side rendering talk, now they are talking about a new kadira feature called insights
a bunch of people are talking about how to create pdf’s in the chat for the cast
Stefan Smiljkovic
@shtefcs
Dec 16 2014 18:19
if we can use SSR instead phantomjs on Reaction would be cool
^^
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 18:23
I forgot, but was there a solution to the Exception in callback of async function: ReferenceError: IronLocation is not defined console error in core v0.2.2?
i was just going through checkout with the preliminary shipment package added, and it says to configure shipping, so when i click on it, I just get an infinitely-spinning loader with no errors
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 18:30
Iron location is from an out of date iron rattler package so if you use the new package of the Google analytics it should work fine
And for the shipping packages you have to use my early check-in of the reaction – shipping package
I'm using the voice texting sorry this is sort of crappy
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 18:31
haha, np. i’ll check it out
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 18:32
Or you can just remove the Google analytics
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 18:32
ahh alright. i might do that
and early checkin, do you mean the shipping package on github or an earlier commit on that repo?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 18:33
you have to clone it and just use it in your local packages directory I haven't actually published it yet it really is only a partial fix right now because I'm still working on it
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 18:34
oh yea, i have it cloned already; when i try to configure it via /settings/shipping, i just get a spinner that goes on and on with no end
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 20:00
anyone know if an easy way to add a function to Products.before.update() without overwriting the existing core one?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 21:18
@evliu with collection-hooks maybe you can do something like testCollection.hookOptions.before.all = {exampleOption: 2}; (from the docs)
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 21:22
i’ll take a look
i saw that earlier, not sure what options it is talking about. i’ll dig into the source
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 21:26
I think you can probably extend the method as well, but haven't tested it
vngo99
@vngo99
Dec 16 2014 21:29
Hi Aaron, quick question regarding the vision for multi-vendor? Is it towards more a marketplace like or online mall approach?
Everest Liu
@evliu
Dec 16 2014 21:29
it’s all DI terminology in the source code, in which the only time i learned it was learning Spring Framework 2 years ago, which now i don’t remember… i guess time to brush up
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Dec 16 2014 21:30
more towards vendors being able to manage their own products, but all being sold in one store
so not a “mall approach” where they each have their own show, but one shop with multiple vendors (and shipping/etc being calculated on the vendors origination point)
once we do that it would be easy to use DDP to make a mall like approach on top of that
vngo99
@vngo99
Dec 16 2014 23:36
thank you that is very clear. one more thing, what is your opinion about vendors with same products(not the "mall" approach)?
Taylor Smith
@taylorsmithgg
Dec 16 2014 23:38
@aaronjudd I've been working on the authorize net package some more, I shifted away from the original node package I intended to use and swapped in paynode. Trying to wire it up tonight. I can currently authorize the call from node.