These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Feb 2015
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 18 2015 00:01 UTC
I’d like re-inforce the practice of using check, now that I’ve got them all in place, packages should pass audit-argument-checks, and browser-policy,
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 18 2015 00:47 UTC
@aldeed recent version shows up to 0.4.2 right now in my local, I also have a tendency to do “meteor upgrade” everyone once in a while to make sure I’m pulling down the latest package.. still stumped.
Bogi
@boboci9
Feb 18 2015 11:59 UTC
Hi, I have upgraded my reaction-core version to the latest version and I am getting the following error: Unknown asset: theme/dashboard/console/console.less (compiling
client/themes/custom.reaction.json)
at Object.Future.wait
(/home/bogi/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.0.40.19ph0t1++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/meteor-tool-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/fibers/future.js:323:16)
at getAsset
(/home/bogi/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.0.40.19ph0t1++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/meteor-tool-os.linux.x86_64/tools/bundler.js:1298:20)
at Object._.extend.Assets.getText
(/home/bogi/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.0.40.19ph0t1++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/meteor-tool-os.linux.x86_64/tools/bundler.js:1352:20)
at ThemeData (<runJavaScript-59>:18:17)
at getAsset (<runJavaScript-60>:132:10)
at getLessContent (<runJavaScript-60>:136:17)
at <runJavaScript-60>:256:27
at Function..each..forEach (<runJavaScript-57>:147:22)
at handler (<runJavaScript-60>:255:5)
Can you help me showing the direction which I should investigate to resolve this issue?
Eric Dobbertin
@aldeed
Feb 18 2015 15:00 UTC
@aaronjudd I'd be slightly more in favor of putting the audit-argument-checks dependency at the app (reaction repo) level. I say that because I'm pretty sure the app methods would also be audited if its a package dependency, and if you make that decision for the developers, they will complain. But I agree that all the packages should use check such that there will be no issues if audit-argument-checks pkg is added.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 18 2015 16:10 UTC
@boboci9 looks like you don't have the latest reaction-core-theme should be @1.2.2
Bogi
@boboci9
Feb 18 2015 17:20 UTC
@aaronjudd thanks for that, I tried with meteor update but it always kept the old package versions, but now I force add the @1.2.2 and it is working fine.
Thanks again!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 18 2015 17:21 UTC
something strange that I’m clearly not getting going on with the Meteor package versions. We’ll figure it out.
you probably don’t need to force the core theme, but maybe just change the core loading in .meteor/packages with reactioncommerce:core@=0.5.0. We’ve got enough eyeballs on this.. somebody will figure out what I’m missing here.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Feb 18 2015 17:32 UTC
@aldeed agreed. I’ll put it in the app level. I’m going include browser-policy in the core though I think. Problem there is if you don’t include it, and do try to set the browser-policy, you need to include in every package, or imply it in core. I think I’d rather enforce it, to keep folks from adding packages that might not be safe for ecommerce.
Everest Liu
@evliu
Feb 18 2015 23:48 UTC
@bstocks is it useful for me to keep adding the references to the same comment in reactioncommerce/reaction-paypal#7 ? let me know, i’m not sure where you are with it all