These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Mar 2015
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 12:38
So, the footer we see is from reaction.
In reaction, we do footer replaces layoutFooter
But I want to replace footer. It is not possible unless I comment out the footer replaces layoutFooter in reaction and do customFooter replaces layoutFooter in my package
Is there any way I can do this without touching the main reaction code. @aaronjudd ?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 15 2015 16:07
@Gouthamve the code in the “App” reaction level code is all yours to change… the layoutFooter is actually there as an example on how to replace the templates at the app level
but in theory.. you should be able to use Template.replace with ‘footer’ as well as ‘layoutFooter’ if you really didn’t want to touch any “repo” code
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 16:16
Okay. I dont know why replacing footer is not working.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 15 2015 16:17
it could be a problem that is fixed in guest_checkout branch (which I’m hoping to merge later today)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 16:18
But I have mail chimp integrated into the footer. Now I need to check the integration on checkout page. But I am in india, and I cannot configure any of the payment gateways (unfortunately!). Do you plan to have a Cash On Delivery payment module?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 15 2015 16:20
@Gouthamve see #129 -> or suggest / build a payment gateway that will work there
we should have paypal updated to work more paypal choices in the next release as well - is there any paypal that works there?
nevermind - my comment about the layout working in guest checkout - that was a fix to the linked static pages loading (not the footerLayout)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 16:25
Hmm. I checked out paypal in india. They are giving a html code (Checkout with PayPal button) we paste in our site. So customers are taken to paypal’s site and make payment there and then return to our site.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 15 2015 16:26
that “paypal button” method is being tested right now in the development branch of reaction-paypal -> I think all that’s left is a server route for callbacks from paypal
however just for testing purposes - sandbox paypal should work anywhere I think.. I heard that only the ‘production’ mode on paypal didn’t work in all countries
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 16:29
Oh. Okay. Also I am thinking of building a Payu payment integration
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 17:02
Okay. Yeah Sandbox accounts work. I am finally seeing the checkout confirmation page. I am going to put subscribe to newsletter option there.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 15 2015 17:03
:thumbsup:
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 17:04
And hey, one small bug, the meta shows the reference id in the tab. I am going to change it to “Thank You" as random string looks awkward.
Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 10.33.32 pm.png
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 15 2015 17:05
the guests chckout branch has a whole new layout/ presentation for the order completed page
(but the Title issue still remains)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Mar 15 2015 17:06
Great. Looking forward to it.
Ohh. I will fix it in the guest checkout only
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Mar 15 2015 17:19
I'll take a look before I merge guest checkout - no worries
Pream Totaram
@ptotaram
Mar 15 2015 19:16
Hi, I was looking to contribute
but when I set up my local environment, I got this error
I20150315-07:39:29.586(0)? Exception from sub vvKzYAzWMhLiwKqWi Error: Did not check() all arguments during publisher 'Sessions'
I20150315-07:39:29.586(0)? at [object Object]._.extend.throwUnlessAllArgumentsHaveBeenChecked (packages/check/match.js:357:1)
I20150315-07:39:29.587(0)? at Object.Match._failIfArgumentsAreNotAllChecked (packages/check/match.js:112:1)
I20150315-07:39:29.587(0)? at maybeAuditArgumentChecks (packages/ddp/livedata_server.js:1596:1)
I20150315-07:39:29.587(0)? at [object Object]._.extend._runHandler (packages/ddp/livedata_server.js:943:1)
I20150315-07:39:29.587(0)? at [object Object]._.extend._startSubscription (packages/ddp/livedata_server.js:769:1)
I20150315-07:39:29.587(0)? at [object Object]._.extend.protocol_handlers.sub (packages/ddp/livedata_server.js:582:1)
I20150315-07:39:29.587(0)? at packages/ddp/livedata_server.js:546:1
can anyone help?
I don't have previous meteor experience, so it might be something simple
if so, im sorry
Pream Totaram
@ptotaram
Mar 15 2015 21:14
the last line caught my attention packages/ddp/livedata_server.js:546:1 but my packages directory is empty