These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Apr 2015
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 08 2015 05:13
Okay, I am facing a small problem:

My cod package is getting stuck in the PaymentAuth state.

However if I remove the timeout, my order is going through on the server side but my client side is showing “Whoops, cart looks empty” which is understandable.

But I dont understand why it is getting stuck when the timeout exists
Also, with the timeout, sometimes the order is going through but it is completely random and happens very rarely.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 08 2015 05:53
@Gouthamve just getting to sign off, but I can’t think of a reason either
did you try increasing the timeout? (although I would think that would be on the payment package) - that bit of code looks odd to me, at this moment I’m not even sure why there is a timeout there) (one of those cases where I wish there was a few more comments).
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 08 2015 05:56
Hmm, I will see if I can fix it or find out why. Also I realised the approach I am taking for COD is completely wrong.
I think we need to change somethings on the orders page. When we have different modes of payment, the owner should know which order was from which mode.
And I think we need to take payment to a separate page while checking out. This will allow working with the different modes of payment better. Like the pay with paypal button, or COD or some other.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 08 2015 06:03
you should be normalize the payment when you save it (see paypal), as well as the transaction itself (not sure if you have something like that) - and it’s an array I think so you can have multiple transactions) - let me know what you think need to change there
there is #246 for multiple payment modes
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 08 2015 06:07
I am using a hack here. I am doing normalisedStatus = settled and normalisedMode = capture. This is just a hack that is preventing me from changing the reaction-core code. Anyways, I will work on this more today and push a working version to gihub.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 08 2015 06:07
remember -> when we can create/destroy the template contents there -> we can always load things before, or after in the same region without needing to go anywhere (just template logic)
I’m not really sure what the COD workflow is, so maybe you have requirements I haven’t thought of -
ok signing off now - :thumbsup: good luck
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 08 2015 06:11
For me, I have to validate if the zipcode of his address if serviceable by COD. If not I need to tell the customer to try for an alternate zipcode or go for Card-based payment.
Then the COD orders should be clearly visible as COD on the orders page as they require me to give them with seperate instruction to the shipping partner.
And thanks and good night :)
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 08 2015 06:15
feel free to throw comments in the issue #129 and I can think about it some more tomorrow afternoon. I’m feeling the need for a workflow diagram on the checkout flow just to visualize the different scenarios (with marketplace,that we’ve been discussing). ok that was the last thought!
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 08 2015 08:18
Finally, a working version at https://github.com/Gouthamve/reaction-cod
Turns out the errors were caused by not handling hooks in autoform properly. Anyways, I removed autoform for now. But will add it back later.