These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Apr 2015
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 09 2015 14:53
@aaronjudd according to the presentation in #357 in the ReactionCore.init() should we add a new attribute called ownerOfShopId, because there will be one domain so the ReactionCore.shopId and getShopId() will point to the main shop but when a seller loggs in we will have to be able to shop the information about his shop (settings, orders, etc). What do you say should this info be saved in the ReactionCore? if yet I would extend and PR the app.coffee just give me a few pointers, thanks
Apr 09 2015 14:57
@boboci9 what about Shops.ownerId ? or will roles handle this (in which case, yes a method to check shopOwner would likely be needed)
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 09 2015 15:03
Yes we can use that, I was thinking adding it in a global variable so every time we need the Id we don't have to check it the logged in user is the owner of any shops, but it's possible I will only have to change my publications a little
I was not sure how to handle this, but I think it would be nice just to get this info everywhere by ReactionCore.sellerShopId or something like this
Apr 09 2015 15:06
well app.coffee is the right place to do that.. and it’s hard for me to say without walking through the workflow - in general though I think that publications should handle all cases of “does this user get this data”, and the client side role check should determine the actual view of the data
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 09 2015 15:09
yes definately (I have to make I few checks to be sure I handled these correclty), still it would be nice to have this info :)
Apr 09 2015 15:12
yeah, ok you’re probably right
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 09 2015 15:16
have you considered adding a super-admin, which would be the admin of the main shop of the marketplace, and the regular admin only the admin of it's own shop? I found in my prototypes that I will need a super as well
Apr 09 2015 15:17
well that’s what the “owner” was originally concieved as (and why I don’t use ‘owner’ in the roles diagram in #357 )
and the sub shops wouldn’t have an “owner"
but just the roles to give them “admin” permissions
so reactionCore.isAdmin should be true if you are in admin role for shop
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 09 2015 15:21
ok let me rethink the owner as it would be a super, maybe it's enough for me as well
Apr 09 2015 15:21
ok - and I have another long answer on the suborders question coming
sorry if I don’t answer quick enough - but you are asking some tough questions - usually my initial reaction is “yeah that sounds good” but then the more I think about it the more complex the answer
on that question - the big thing I am pondering is the concept of “rich documents” and how that applies to the schema, and eventually performance issues
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 09 2015 15:23
ok, no problem, thanks for considering it :)
Apr 09 2015 15:24
I’m comparing the implemention of products and variants - where it’s a rich document, rather than a join to a variants table - and how this same problem equates to orders
the big question is "is data integrity, maintenance, performance better" if we use subdocuments, or do we want to use references to another document
Taylor Smith
@taylorsmithgg
Apr 09 2015 15:53
#363 is an issue I've been having lately on a windows platform. Not a major concern, but it would be nice to have the support.
Ran into similar issues with using demeteorizer on Mac, had to manually update the corresponding packages (bcrypt,node-aes-gcm, node-gyp) to the latest versions to get it operational. No such luck on Windows so far.
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 09 2015 19:04
@aaronjudd I am working on improving the COD package by including the option to restrict by pincodes but due to the large number of pin codes, I wanted to import from excel (also carrier gives excel). But as of now for #159 (also for importing products) and maybe #289, I am going to update https://github.com/ongoworks/meteor-google-spreadsheets and implement google docs for my pin codes and #159.
What do you think?
Apr 09 2015 20:54
@Gouthamve interesting choice, but yeah I guess that makes sense.
you could put in private/data fixtures, or use CFS to load as file and import
the google spreadsheet approach seems like it might be overkill - but what can I say - I love that little trick - and we’ve been waiting for a good moment to use it..
Everest Liu
@evliu
Apr 09 2015 21:49
yea, the meteor-google-spreadsheets package is pretty awesome. was thinking of using it for my RSVP site, but ended up using parse for the backend and angular for the front end
Apr 09 2015 21:51
every ecommerce company I have ever worked with - at SOME point in the operation -> products were inevitably loaded up in some spreadsheet - I always thought it would be interesting to make that an acceptable workflow in Reaction
Erica Gucciardo
@egucciar
Apr 09 2015 22:32
is there an issue with the reactioncommerce site?
i was going to show the site to some people to see if they are on board with using it for one of their projects, if yes id be cloning and contributing to the project as well as some other devs
but hard to do so when its down
Apr 09 2015 22:33
https://reactioncommerce.com/ is working for me, or are you having a specific problem (like launching shops?)
(I’m taking a look at that right now)
Erica Gucciardo
@egucciar
Apr 09 2015 22:34
me and my boyfriend cant access our shops
thanks for taking a look so promptly
Erica Gucciardo
@egucciar
Apr 09 2015 22:50
cloning the project in windows, cannot run in development or master, well hopefully we can show them next time..
Apr 09 2015 22:55
@egucciar should be working now (launching shops)
Erica Gucciardo
@egucciar
Apr 09 2015 22:56
hmm, ok, ill try to launch a new one
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 09 2015 22:57
@aaronjudd sorry, I think something is wrong with my new PR, should I delete it and open a new one? reactioncommerce/reaction-core#123
Apr 09 2015 22:58
@boboci9 commmented back on the pr, but it’s ok as is
this is where @evliu should chime in!
Erica Gucciardo
@egucciar
Apr 09 2015 23:00
my site is still down :( https://sznsetpa.reactioncommerce.com/
ooh yay
my boyfriends site works now
we are good to go for the meeting
thanks
Apr 09 2015 23:01
cool - yeah I saw your site in the control panel -> realized the server I brought up has older reaction on it though.. I’m updating that right now
Everest Liu
@evliu
Apr 09 2015 23:24
haha, yea, we chatted off the grid. i was suggesting that @boboci9 just have you cherry-pick that one commit, test it, then push it up to upstream/development
Apr 09 2015 23:27