These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Apr 2015
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 20 2015 13:26
Hi, does anyone have any ideas about why my ReactionCore.Events.infos are not displayed? I have console.logged out my ReactionCore.Events.level and it's set to INFO
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 20 2015 14:22
@boboci9 settings.json try:
{
  "isDebug": "info"
}
@Gouthamve see #241 just add "mike:mocha" at the app level and you can test with mocha (and chai), now even if the tests are in your packages
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 20 2015 14:27
My idea was to learn testing and then maybe implement CI for anything I develop. But if a standalone package cannot be tested, can I implement CI for the package.
Could be a noob question, but can we have ci for reaction-core?
and uncomment “mike:mocha” in .meteor/packages
you’ll see the tests from the reaction-core are running (at the app level)
take a look at reaction-core/tests for some idea
so you can test your packages now, and have the tests run at the app level (which when I merge that branch in, I’m thinking we’ll leave the tests enabled by default for dev)
I added circle.ci last week -> tested with shippable as well
right now it’s just building the docker image and testing that it comes up
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 20 2015 14:34
but I’ll integrate tests into circleci this week (now that they’re running)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 20 2015 14:37
Okay I will definitely check the branch and try to help in the coverage. Reaction is turning to be the one-stop shop for my meteor learning. :)
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 20 2015 14:38
literally, lol
even if you don’t check out that branch, it should work
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 20 2015 15:45
Does mocha take a long time to run? I have been waiting for 10 mins and they are still running. While the jasmine tests finished < 10sec
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 9.15.16 pm.png
Bogi
@boboci9
Apr 20 2015 15:45
@aaronjudd I tried that as I sayd the level is set correctly to INFO I debugged it in app.coffee
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 20 2015 15:46
@Gouthamve should be as quick as jasmine - although I see some wide variations in the actual timing
there is an outstanding pr on mike:mocha to fix the mirror url, so client testing maybe not working properly (i’ve hacked a fix on my local see:mad-eye/meteor-mocha-web#156)
@boboci9 not sure, it’s working for me (including in settings I get all info)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Apr 20 2015 15:50
Hmm, mocha seems a little less supported than jasmine when it comes to meteor.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Apr 20 2015 15:50
well the velocity team says otherwise -> and I think if this problem were fixed - this is as good as it’s been
it’s close ;-)
the methods tests seem fine on both, I’ve been trying to use mocha web tests though, and the jury is still out
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Apr 20 2015 17:16
@aaronjudd, is the footer layout and content defined outside of the template somewhere? I'm having trouble figuring out where those links are coming from.
nevermind, found it in the main app