These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2015
Adam
@Neobii
May 08 2015 16:08
what's the best way to listen for when products are put into the cart? are there hooks in place for stuff like this yet?
Adam
@Neobii
May 08 2015 16:12
yup I've used collection hooks, so maybe a cart.before.insert and check through the items to see if it is one I wanted to act on is present
Adam
@Neobii
May 08 2015 16:28
reason is, when the customer adds a special type of product to the cart, a modal will pop up prompting them for one more bit of information
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
May 08 2015 16:49
I finally published my mailchimp package. https://atmospherejs.com/gouthamve/reaction-mailchimp. Looking for some feedback.
Spencer Norman
@spencern
May 08 2015 17:44
@Gouthamve sent you a small PR that fixes the atmosphere links and makes it pull in the correct repo. I'll install the package and give it a go as well.
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
May 08 2015 17:47
Thanks!
But I dont know how it would play with your foundation theme. I think you are replacing the footer as well.
Spencer Norman
@spencern
May 08 2015 17:48
Yeah, that's one of the things I want to check out about it
I'm trying to understand all of the issues that may surround using a non-core theme and especially the framework choice. (e.g. sass vs less)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
May 08 2015 17:53
Hmm. I think this might help in the future: #148. I am not sure I understand the issue completely, but I think once we have the layout set, we take the theme and templates out of core and into their own package.
Adam
@Neobii
May 08 2015 17:54
I'm trying to add a hook to the client Cart.after.update to check which items had been inserted/changed but the hook isn't firing
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 08 2015 21:26
@Neobii you may need not to do it the way your’re thinking.. I’d look into http://docs.meteor.com/#/full/tracker
(although, your hooks should be firing )
agree with @Gouthamve , somewhere in #148 is the answer to the template/ seperation / puzzle