These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

May 2015
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 10:57
Hi @aaronjudd, the click on the actual permission-> you'll see the additional permissions is not working for me but I can see in the html that the data with the permissions is there, only the toggle is not working.
Regarding the userDropdown I debugged it and I think an {{#if hasPermission route}} is missing from the userAccountsDropdown template that is why I can see there packages that shouldn't be there.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 14:09
@boboci9 good catch, updated. on the UI -are you using the (core-theme) branch with the theme updates I made for this?
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 14:10
I am working based on Spencern's steps:
  1. Clone the feature-role-372 branch of reaction (not core) into feature-role-372
    git clone -b feature-role-372 --single-branch git@github.com:reactioncommerce/reaction.git feature-role-372
    cd feature-role-372 and mkdir packages and cd packages
  2. Clone the feature-roles-372 branch of reaction core into the packages directory:
    git clone -b feature-roles-372 --single-branch git@github.com:reactioncommerce/reaction-core.git reaction-core
  3. Clone the feature-roles-372 branch of reaction-core-theme into the packages directory:
    git clone -b feature-roles-372 --single-branch git@github.com:reactioncommerce/reaction-core-theme.git reaction-core-theme
  4. Run meteor using --allow-incompatible-update
this is the only way it works for me
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 14:11
ok, that looks correct.
that could be "collapse": true, in custom.bootstrap.json maybe?
(the reason the dropdown doesn't open?) - in any case, that's going to need a bit of rework - more worried that we got the permissions coverage correct
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 14:16
I can get that data with firebug no worries, I am still going through all the changes in the feature-roles version to see how it will work with multi vendor
trying to set up some made up use case scenarios of packages and roles and permissions
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 14:19
I’ve been testing with multiple shops, you should be able to add a shop (manually) using the “createShop” meteor method
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 14:20
ok thanks
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 15:21
based on the fixture data that is created automatically the shop doesn't have an ownerId anymore, is this something you planned? If this is the case are you planning to have the ownership of a shop be determined only by the roles?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 15:22
yes, I was planning on only using roles (so you can have more than one owner as well).
also, there is a global role and site specific roles
I would suggest that only the default admin user needs to have the global role of 'owner', that really no other user needs global
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 15:32
yes and also admin should be only one since everything checks for admin in the core right now
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 15:33
I did add some package / route specific checks - so for each package / route - we can check the specific permissions but “admin, owner” - you don’t need to be these roles for instance, to have dashboard access, and packages
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 15:35
did you add that from the registry specs file?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 15:35
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 15:35
can you show me an example?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 15:35
for instance if ReactionCore.hasPermission('dashboard/accounts’)
a user doesn’t need “admin” - they only need site role with this permission. in the UI, if you add the “core package” permissions, it’s all the routes (or permissions) that are defined in registry.coffee (or you can select individual permissions)
so I would suggest that “owner, admin” etc are “system” permissions (which is why I didn’t add them to UI), while users would always be check against package permissions
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 15:40
I cascade global permission to the user check
so owner, admin permission will give you the individual permissions (globally) , but for all other users, they should be specifically assigned
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 15:43
ok I see, I will have to rethink some cases than but it is logical
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 16:03
I'm still missing a bit a way to link users to roles as well not only to packages, is this something that you are considering?
Or you don't think that will be necessary for the current role/permissions architecture?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 16:05
I don’t think it’s necessary, as roles/permissions should work for everything, not just packages - I don’t think there is anything specific you need. I think we tend to think of a “role” as a group of permissions - but that’s just a matter of administration
so for instance, check out the “createProduct” permission
that’s a case that isn’t a package or a route
Bogi
@boboci9
May 26 2015 16:07
yes but I can't add that to a user in the current shopMembers page
that is what I'm missing
to add a user to these roles like: createProduct, or shopOwner
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 18:26
@boboci9 yes, you can add that in the new shopMembers, as long as it’s defined in registry.coffee
Arbab Abdul Waheed
@aawaheed
May 26 2015 18:33
Hi all, I would like to contribute to the project but I have no idea what to do and where to start.. never done before.. any help?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
May 26 2015 20:15
@aawaheed hi! have you seen the waffle board? https://waffle.io/reactioncommerce/reaction