These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

3rd
Jun 2015
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 03 2015 13:29
And when do you plan to publish the current state of meteor-content-areas? I am currently putting the package in my packages/ folder
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 03 2015 16:59
This message was deleted
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 03 2015 17:01
@Gouthamve I’ve not published as a package, because we’ve not tested it recently (post meteor 0.9)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 03 2015 17:01
Yep, I am updating its deps and am going to test it.
But I am facing conflict when trying to test on the demo repo. Like the package has a versions.json
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 03 2015 17:14
two things you can try (if you don’t resolve whatever is causing it). you can delete versions files (meteor will recreate), there’s also a flag you can pass to meteor to allow incompatible builds
I’m not sure what that flag is, lol - now that I am trying to find it
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@aaronjudd
Jun 03 2015 17:33
:+1: merged
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 03 2015 17:37
Now adding the content area is easy. But how do I add new routes? Like when I specify the routes in the package.registry, I need to specify a template. Is there a way I can add the template via db?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 03 2015 17:47
I don’t know that you’d want to store the templates themselves in the db, I’d think you’d create the templates in a package. for instance, maybe a “hero” package, where you defined a hero template and route in the registry, the template would contain the editableBlocks,etc, that could be stored in db..
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 03 2015 17:49
But how can the user add new pages? Like if I have 5 templates, he can add 5 more pages but thats it.
Maybe a generic template with helpers that retrevie the data from db depending on the route?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 03 2015 17:50
well, like the reactionApps helper - there’s no a limit to how many times you re-use the template
so maybe it’s a combination of using reactionApps + a content area template?
as the helper instantiated it is also defining the context, etc.. so I’d think this would work
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 03 2015 17:51
yep. same thing. generic reactionApps template with data retreived from db.
Will give it a shot and get back to you!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 03 2015 17:54
eric and I brainstormed this content-areas stuff long before I implemented the ‘reactionApps’, so I think there is some crossover here. I’d actually like to see all the reactionApps get a placement/positioning properties - so maybe think of it as - the reactionApps helper instantiates from the registry, loads positioning, while the content area template provides the actual editable template
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 03 2015 17:57
loads positioning as in?
Like for a page, I am thinking of a markdown area. And some layouts (not yet sure)
But how does positioning fit in?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 03 2015 18:05
I’m not sure what I’m thinking will affect something like a page with markdown as your doing, but if on that content page you’d like to add a widget that had product upsells, maybe I’d have a reactionApp that provides=upsell, and I wanted to place it on the same page as your content layout, we could add placement=“yourPage” position=“left” -> (where those are editable registry properties) to inject other “content widgets” into predefined positions on the page