These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jun 2015
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 09:08
Hi! :) I was browsing around for ecommerce solutions and found out that reactioncommerce sounds interesting as it uses Meteor.js! I dont know if im on the right place here.. but i'd like to start making a project with reactioncommerce. is there any guides out there where they build an solution from scratch? Pleas let me know if im not in the right place asking theese questions! :O
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 09:21
or is it too soon as this solution is at early developement?
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 09:23
Reaction is almost production ready. And what kind of solution do you want to build?
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 09:27
not that complicated really... its for my sushi take-away restaurant. www.sushiasia.no
i'm also a student so i see this as an opportunity to learn more :)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 09:32
I think it would be easy. Also by when do you think you’d want it?
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 09:33
no time limit :)
I just dont know where to begin :P
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 09:35
Yep, then reaction would be great :+1: . Also I am not familiar with a take-away restaraunt’s website. how would it differ from that of a normal e-commerce site?
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 09:36
Well the thing is.. as for now our customers order online and pay offline. but the steps are the same
but maybe in the future we can do delivery and then they can pay online.. but as for now we recieve per order on email.. which is very unconvinent. Would be great with a real time dashboard where people @restaurant can get notified
i think with basic meteor and some of the methods from reaction there will be no problem.. but again i just dont know where to start :P
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 09:43
Okay. Nice. Order online and pay offline. The current state is we have a dashboard and all but we have a online payment system in place. I wrote a package that allows online orders without payment (for cash on delivery) and you could modify that package for payment.
And also we ask for address here and I am thinking you wont need the address right now. So I think you need to write a package that would add a fake address in the background for every order (as reaction needs address to process orders). After that you theme reaction and add your products.
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 09:46
That sounds great! But phone number is required as we need to call and confirm the order (security reasons) Do you know where i can read documentation for reaction? i didn't find so much on the website.
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 09:47
Those are dev docs. Here are consumer docs (I dont know what else to call them :)) : https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction/tree/development/docs
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 09:49
thanks for the help :)
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 19:45
Hey Gouthamve! I get this error message when i try to run meteor on reaction folder
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 19:47
Damn. We do have a windows problem. You could wait for some time or is there anychance you could use linux?
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 19:48
oh right!! well i got lots of time :) i dont wanna go back and forth
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 19:48
reactioncommerce/reaction#363
@aaronjudd Any timeline on the windows issue?
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 19:49
so all i can do now is just wait before windows issue is fixed? :)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jun 07 2015 19:51
I am sure it will be fixed soon. But you could try the fix given here: meteor/meteor#4461
BennyHoang
@BennyHoang
Jun 07 2015 19:56
didn't work :O said that i already had the latest version :) but i can wait! :D i still have some basic meteor stuffs to catch up on (Y)
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 07 2015 21:31
@Gouthamve @BennyHoang branch 379 “almost” fixes the windows issues - I’ve made it past all the obvious things (you need to install openssl manually) - so that meteor actually starts correctly now, but there’s still 1 more error that’s crashing meteors with a windows only bug in reaction-core, and frankly I’m stumped because the debug/tracing from meteor doesn’t show any clue as to the cause. keeping track in #362
Patrick Scott
@patrickleet
Jun 07 2015 22:44

Hey, really like what you guys are doing with reaction. Awesome vision, I can see a ton of use cases for something like this. I'd be happy to contribute.

The things I would like to see the soonest are multi-tenant support, and a couple of edge cases that I think packages would be best for. I've cloned the repo, and reaction-core on the development branch and checked around a bit. It looks like you've included a "shopId" on each product, which I would assume would mean you intend to support multiple shops per application.. What else has been accomplished in the multi-tenant aspect? Where should I look to learn more?

As far as the edge cases that I would like to support, and I'm thinking that a package is best way to contribute in this regard, I'd like to have the

ability to have memberships with subscriptions payments where particular items would be free so long as you had a membership.
Also, any examples of theming reaction available?
nm, saw theming in docs :)
Mike Murray