These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jun 2015
Jacob Gadikian
@faddat
Jun 10 2015 01:13
hi everyone-- is anyone aware if there's a docker-compose.yml floating around in the ether for Reaction, or really-- what the best way to get the 100% latest version up & running with docker is?
I have been lost for 3 days on this one-- just cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 01:17
you should be able to just do docker build . from the command line @ the app level
I haven’t created a compose file yet
but the dockerfile will build an image with everything
Jacob Gadikian
@faddat
Jun 10 2015 02:02
ahhh :)
many many thanks :)
What would I git clone, to ensure I had the latest— is it master, or that odd branch or….?
actually aarom, I am going to send you a github invitation
I’d like you to see how I am serving reaction, it’s neat. If you join our github group, you can login and have a poke around :)
guerssing master. Wish me luck! it’s the 52nd try!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 02:30
@faddat in a meeting right now, but I’ll take a look in a few hours, cool?
52 is a lot!
Jacob Gadikian
@faddat
Jun 10 2015 02:31
yep— totally okay :)
is the link :)
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 04:36
did someone grab my link? lol - it was a long meeting! (but, a great kickoff on some new ui work)
for the dockerfile - either master or development branch should be fine
also uses some scripts, so grab bin/docker
the link didn’t work for me, it’s looping through the github authentication and never passes.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 04:42
hadn’t heard of Rancher.. awesome, thanks - this looks really interesting
Jacob Gadikian
@faddat
Jun 10 2015 04:43
Rancher is positively fantastic— basically, it frees you from the clutches of the various cloud empires and gives you a single API endpoint to deploy to
You’re in the states? Late meeting, I guess! Also, we’re getting near to launch on Klouds, our approach to hosting projects like yours and compensating project stakeholders (no idea how to split that’s going to be up to projects I think….) but— using rancher
we’ve built up a bunch of easily deployed applications, all of which are OSS, and we’re going to basically (as I am sure you are aware it is not as smooth as I will make it sound here) “automate cashflow” in the direction of the projects, keep a portion as profit, and play the big clouds off of one another.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 04:46
is it more like tutum.co, or are they trying to be coreOS? in any case, it’s very interesting.
Jacob Gadikian
@faddat
Jun 10 2015 04:47
Tutum, but free
Their OS is more aimed at being the one that the containers are built on, less aimed at being the one that they run on, but we use it at both layers currently, our metal boots from RancherOS and our images use it in their stacks.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 04:53
I’d seen some of your notes on Klouds.. so yeah, I’d like to see how it’s going. I’ll PM you with screenshot
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 18:26
tip of the day: If you want to hide the velocity reporter in development mode, you can press ctrl + v
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 10 2015 22:25
@mikemurray see: Sanjo/meteor-jasmine#123
to disable the karma window