These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jun 2015
onrea
@onrea
Jun 30 2015 04:54
@aaronjudd, So, How many months does it take long to have a ~stable version to be able to run a shop over it? (I want to know your prediction)
I'm in a point that I choose between Spree or Reaction! At this time I'm not going to make my shop up instantly. It will happen in 3 or 4 next months. But I should choose the platform right now! Anyway, Will we hear some good news in 4 months around the Reaction? Is there any schedule?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 05:31
@onrea I’m feeling pretty good on our goal of a release in september that will be stable and ready to use. the team is growing, and we’re tracking toward that “beta” release now. I expect to see a lot of progress forward over the next couple releases, and I’m feeling pretty confident that this is a reasonable goal for us. I guess that’s as strong a commitement as I can make, because we’ve got a lot of moving pieces coming together right now - but it feels about right to me.
perpi
@perpi
Jun 30 2015 12:51
This September, Really? Cool!
And please work on RTL+i18n a little more to make that release out of the box ;)
I'm not a programmer but I can test this application in order to report bugs related to RTLing!
Currently, RTL isn't supported properly. It just changes the direction of texts, while it should swap position of some elements from left side of the page to the right side.
A reason that forced me to abandon Shopify.com is GATWAYs! In many countries, there are native payment gateways (working with Bank's URL, an ID, a username and password given by the bank). When you buy sth, instead of Paypal, The system sends you to the bank website for payment and the bank service will return you to the shop after a successful transaction. Paypal or international credit cards such as Visa aren't popular in some zones! People prefer to work with native bank systems.
Another question, Will you add a commenting system under products?
And, Won't you run a forum for Reaction? It will be easier to communicate within a forum when the app is growing up, I mean something running by discourse.org, vanillaforums.org. nodebb.org, even telesc.pe!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 13:46
@diff- are any of the native payment gateways you use on this list: https://spreedly.com/gateways ?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 13:51
@diff- re: RTL. we do change positions of elements, not just direction of text, there might(!) be some bugs - if you create an issue and document them (examples), that's helpful.
re: commenting/reviews,forums,etc.. these could be pretty easy packages for someone to work on. I'd suggest creating an issue, maybe someone in the community could take that on. I'd like to see that added as well, but not sure the core team will be able to get to that for the beta - although I'm sure that we will eventually.
Bogi
@boboci9
Jun 30 2015 16:26
Hi, does it happen for anybody else that sometimes the Sign in button just won't sign in? It also happens with create an account sometimes, I couldn't figure out yet what causes this because I get no errors anywhere
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 16:55
@boboci9 yes - I’ve not figured it out yet, but maybe collectively we’ll solve it. see #389. My suspicion is that it’s related to (blocking) geolocation and addresses.
Bogi
@boboci9
Jun 30 2015 16:56
ok, I will look into it as well
Vlatko Koudela
@vkoudela
Jun 30 2015 16:58
It usually takes about 20-30sec to sign in after I click on Sign in button..
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 16:58
I might be crazy but I think it’s only the first time you restart, with a clean cache.
perpi
@perpi
Jun 30 2015 17:30

@aaronjudd, > we do change positions of elements, not just direction of text

Sure, but let me drop one here: When you click on product, I mean in a product page, picture of the product should goes to the right side.

Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jun 30 2015 17:31
@diff- That should be happening currently. I remember it working like that previously (edit: what he said ^)
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 17:32
but we do need to identify other elements (like the product detail page) that need some RTL styles applied
@spencern I don’t remember if the PDP was working like that, but it should if the styles are applied
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jun 30 2015 17:35
I feel like it was, I had it working on the foundation port and was pretty much just copying the bootstrap layout, but I can't be 100%
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 17:37
@diff- perfect example that should probably be an issue (as this sounds like it might be a bug, or just not implemented) :fire:
really helps as most of us are just staring at the english/default all day long
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jun 30 2015 17:40
yeah, I only switch to a RTL language if I'm intentionally testing it.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 17:40
ditto
(or maybe someone could volunteer to write some client ui test cases ;-) )
Bogi
@boboci9
Jun 30 2015 19:05
@aaronjudd just a quick question, regarding the cart collection shipping couldn't/wouldn't there be any issues if we will have many shops with many shipping methods will be all the time present in every user's cart?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jun 30 2015 20:11
the shipping methods are calculated and then added to the cart, so I don’t think so… (since you are subscribed to that collection already)
we’re doing a review of all the potential performance issues right now though (expect a flurry of tickets soon)