These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

1st
Jul 2015
perpi
@perpi
Jul 01 2015 07:08
Won't you create an account on Transifex.com?! It's completely free for opensource projects! If you create it at this time, your app name will be reserved and nobody else can create it.
As I remember, Discourse.org team wouldn't to go to Transifex, But, finally they moved! Transifex is a platform for growing localisation up by non-technical people! I read Reaction docs, but I didn't get enough information on HOW_TO translate it!
perpi
@perpi
Jul 01 2015 14:30

@aaronjudd,

commenting/reviews,forums,etc.. these could be pretty easy packages for someone to work on

• What's the problem with 'forum'? Hosting?
  • At this time, it's seems it's better to make it possible to add Disqus via its API to the Reaction.
perpi
@perpi
Jul 01 2015 14:58
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 01 2015 15:23
@diff- Transifex.com is really interesting. I’ll dig into it a little more. thanks for that. right now you can edit the translations in the *.json files, or in the db. planning to add UI for editing translations in the future.
re: reviews. yes, Disqus would work for now and easy add (or create a reaction-disqus package). I’d like something more “native” though, but we haven’t really defined what that is yet
re: bountysource. we’re working on a developer program that we’ll share soon. we’re looking at a couple bug bounty programs. I’m interested in what everyone thinks of us running a bug bounty. One thing I’d like to see is that we don’t pay for just reporting, but some sort of discover and resolve bounty.
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jul 01 2015 15:30
I would love a T-Shirt :)
But I think I think its too early to have a report only bounty program. I think something on the lines of bountysource would be good
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 01 2015 15:33
@Gouthamve just email us your address. we’ll put it in the mail right away
:thumbsup: might take a while to get to you, but we’re running low and they are great shirts! we’ll get you one
perpi
@perpi
Jul 01 2015 16:14

txis a fork of git to work with transifex in offline mode.
Yes, a reaction-disqus package will give you time to work on other parts. A native one can be on the roadmap!
Finally, we missed your idea on the forum, ex: forum.reactioncommerce.com!

Funny, I'm here advising as I'm a part of the core team, Sorry for inconvenience!

Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 01 2015 16:19
re: forum -> do you mean a forum for reaction community to use, or a forum integrated with reaction commerce?
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jul 01 2015 16:23
Forum for the community to use I think. @faddat had some Ideas for a wiki. Not sure how far he got. But we could have a wiki as the information repo and discourse as the QA forum.
perpi
@perpi
Jul 01 2015 16:23
A forum for the community around the reaction! @aaronjudd, I mean something like this: http://meta.discourse.org or https://duck.co/forum
I don't have any idea for usage of a builtin forum in reaction app!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 01 2015 16:33
I like discourse, we were just discussing this because we do have a google groups setup, but have been thinking how much we hate it and want to replace it asap.
right now though, it’s easier for me personally to respond when we have less channels. - but I do see this, probably a little bit in the future still yet
I think it’s been a great move for the meteor team - I really like how it’s working out for the meteor community
perpi
@perpi
Jul 01 2015 16:44

@Gouthamve said: we could have a wiki as the information repo

There' some free hosting solutions like gitbook.com, readthedocs.org, etc.

Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 01 2015 16:54
the wiki is a potential, but because we’re made of lots of smaller packages it might be hard to maintain, also I don’t think I’ve seen a project that really uses the GH wiki well
perpi
@perpi
Jul 01 2015 18:28
I like the way Thrinacia hide comments: https://origin.thrinacia.com/campaign/1 (Ctrl+F for Comments)