These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

2nd
Jul 2015
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 02 2015 13:16
Hi @aaronjudd, I am planning to add the states dropdown to the addressBook form since it's already added to the locals of the shop and to show it only when there is a country with states selected from the country dropdown
My question is should I leave the region field and add a states field in addition right?
and also if there is states defined for a country should I hide the region?
I will PR the changes to the addressBook form so I wanted to make it according to your plans so that it won't have to be changed
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 02 2015 15:03
or maybe we should have only region and that field is populated with the states if such a country is selected, then we don't need two separate fields
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jul 02 2015 15:18
I like your second option. State and region should be the same field and should be contextually displayed based on the country selected.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 02 2015 15:45
agree. the only thing that I was planning was that we’d add a better pre-population based on location
with region/state it should also allow you to manually add if it’s not in the dropdown/db
(we can figure that out later, but it’s a use case I ran into often with global shipping)
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 02 2015 15:57
I currently just added the values from the DB or simple text field if country has no states, I will PR it in couple minutes
I also added some changes to the hasPermission to check for seller permissions, should I send that in a separate PR since it's role related? or one PR should work?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 02 2015 16:37
one pr will work, you can put a comment on there - I’ll see it
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 02 2015 16:47
ok
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jul 02 2015 17:41
Are we still needing to copy tests into our reaction app directory to run them properly?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 02 2015 17:46
nope
but you do need the source package in /packages
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Jul 02 2015 17:59
Thanks. I’m still having problems getting tests to run consistently, but cloning into a new directory makes them run just fine.
Something in my db perhaps?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 02 2015 18:09
maybe delete your reaction/tests dir? maybe something old in there?