These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jul 2015
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jul 16 2015 07:42
Okay. Great! Also I dont know where the issue #366 is on the timeline. Now that there is a PG package for India, this is one of the few things that needs to be cleared.
It would be great if you could add it to the 0.6.x releases
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jul 16 2015 08:55
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 16 2015 13:25
@aaronjudd sorry my changes went to the open pull request that I had where we are discussing the product publications, let me know if that is an issue and I will create a new one
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 16 2015 14:48
@Gouthamve re: #366 - i'll try to run through it before packaging up 0.6.0 (which I keep saying we're just about ready with, just a few more things!) @mikemurray 's UI updates (from the picture) are on that list too ;-)
@boboci9 it's ok - I'll take them all in one PR. As long as a PR is open you can keep adding to it. (although a new one for new feature is best practice).
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 16 2015 14:51
Yes I think I should have made a new branch for the new feature, but I will do that next time
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jul 16 2015 15:00
@aaronjudd #412, I figured out the bug. But any idea how I can make formatPrice reactive? Details explained in the last comment of the issue #412
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 16 2015 15:05
honestly - I need to look at it more. I’ll update comments on the issue. But I have been thinking that a) getLocale needs refactoring b) price being reactive might be overkill (at least relating to conversion)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Jul 16 2015 15:08
It is overkill :) and true, getLocale is a little hard to figure out.
Josh Owens
@queso
Jul 16 2015 16:08
@boboci9 and @aaronjudd: my thoughts were to detect a substring in the url to grab the current shop id, then we could check permissions off that.
so marketplace.com/:shopName type of situation in the url
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 16 2015 16:43

that probably makes sense, although would you then have:
tld/shop/product
tld/product
tld/tag
tld/shop/tag

because it would be rather ugly if we had to do something like:
.com/default/product

and I’d always like to accommodate:
sub.tld/tag

Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 16 2015 21:05
Regarding the marketplace.com/shopName approach this would mean only the cases when a seller logs in ? and even for him if he want's to access the dashboard? or it would be for all pages? meaning markeplace.com/shop/product would be the same as marketplace.com/product?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 16 2015 21:08
I guess that’s the same question I had there.. and I think it might be more elegant to just set a session var on user shop selection or from sub.tld
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 16 2015 21:15
I would also go with setting a session variable rather than changing the URL for all/some pages, but it could be that I don't realy see through the solution with the URL changes, and the session variable solution we already went though it a couple of times so I am more familiar with that solution
Josh Owens
@queso
Jul 16 2015 21:34
I would be ok with a session
we just need a way to catch it when the session isn't set
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 16 2015 22:24
seems like we’d just want to default to the tld then, but this does bring up the issue of url sharing. maybe we could rely first on sessions, but have a case with the shop for sharing.. or maybe determing the shop by the content (if a tag or a product belongs to a shop, set the shop sesssion?)