These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jul 2015
Jul 17 2015 01:59
@spencern @mikemurray I’ve just published reactioncommerce:bootstrap-theme which is the buildtools removed from core, now you will be able to define the theme/build process per theme package, the core-theme is still what’s being built by this package. This should make it much easier to use/replace theme packages (such as Spencer’s foundation).
I decided to include fontawesome in that package, so Spencer you might need to add that to your build. Let me know if that was crazy.
Mike Murray
@mikemurray
Jul 17 2015 07:45

@aaronjudd very nice!

Fontawesome should be ok being bundled with the theme.

Jul 17 2015 08:29
:thumbsup: (where's the gitter version of slack's reactions??)
added #416 to track separation of themes and templates from core .
Jul 17 2015 15:36
@aaronjudd I think we will be ok with font awesome included in your package. I’ll add it to mine as well (and need to do some major refactoring). I also miss (already!?) the slack reactions in gitter.
Jul 17 2015 19:22
So running the latest reaction app and reaction-core (both just pulled from dev) I’m not getting a default user or password displayed when I startup the app.
Jul 17 2015 19:24
hmmmmm
Jul 17 2015 19:30
Here’s what it looks like after a bin/reset
I20150717-13:28:35.999(-6)? Meteor._wrapAsync has been renamed to Meteor.wrapAsync
=> Started your app.

=> App running at: http://localhost:3000/
I20150717-13:28:37.700(-6)? [velocity] jasmine-client-integration is starting a mirror at http://localhost:63976/.
I20150717-13:28:37.700(-6)? [velocity] jasmine-server-integration is starting a mirror at http://localhost:63977/.
I20150717-13:28:37.700(-6)? [velocity] You can see the mirror logs at: tail -f /Users/spencer/Development/reaction-test-apps/test/.meteor/local/log/jasmine-client-integration.log
I20150717-13:28:37.700(-6)? [velocity] You can see the mirror logs at: tail -f /Users/spencer/Development/reaction-test-apps/test/.meteor/local/log/jasmine-server-integration.log
=> Client modified -- refreshing{
Jul 17 2015 19:31
yeah, I’m looking into it now. something in bunyan
Jul 17 2015 20:34
/packages/reaction-core/client/templates/layout/alerts/bootstrap-alerts.coffee
Jul 17 2015 20:38
thanks
Jul 17 2015 20:52
oops guess that was from our other thread :worried:
re: console.log output just pushed new bunyan package and updated development to use bunyan-format
Jul 17 2015 21:03
all INFO: core: messages are back for me including the username and pw
thanks
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Jul 17 2015 21:44
@spencern did you figure out how to add an array onto an existing Reaction collection? I saw the part about extending simple schema, but I'm struggling with how to actually add to the collection after extending the schema
Jul 17 2015 21:45
I haven’t gotten too far down that road yet. I did start to build a schema for adding on, but haven’t really tested it yet.
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Jul 17 2015 21:56
Gotchya. I'll keep an eye on the repo. Im probably missing something very basic. You may also see my chicken scratch code in a pastebin if I feel the motivation this weekend.
Jul 17 2015 22:03
@Aesop7 here’s the repo I’m working on with that problem https://github.com/getoutfitted/reaction-rental-products/blob/master/common/schemas.coffee
Jul 17 2015 22:14
@spencern is the issue around ReactionCore.Schemas.rentalProductVariant = new SimpleSchema([ ReactionCore.Schemas.ProductVariant?
Jul 17 2015 22:16
not sure there’s an issue yet, but I definitely don’t really understand what that’s doing entirely
copied that idea from the shipping package I think.
or some other package
Jul 17 2015 22:20
well I was just thinking that you might have to swap the order here somehow - that product gets productVariant, and if you want to override that, you’ll need productVariant to equal rentalProduct. so I can’t say for sure here.. but for the next line try ReactionCore.Schemas.ProductVariant = ReactionCore.Schemas.rentalProductVariant - just guessing..
Jul 17 2015 22:21
Do you think I’d need to reatttach the schema or does it get attached after all packages are loaded?
On another note, it looks like our CircleCI builds aren’t completing after the bunyan update
Jul 17 2015 22:29
yeah I saw that. not sure if it’s related though, I can see that format is putting out logs ok.
Jul 17 2015 22:30
Yeah, tests are working fine on my local too, so not sure what the reason is

Looking at my circleci history on this PR: reactioncommerce/reaction-core#147

It looks like cirlce ci was running fine up until this merge: spencern/reaction-core@d76285d

Jul 17 2015 22:34
do you have a button to rebuild without cache on your test results page?
Jul 17 2015 22:34
Yeah, rebuilding now
Jul 17 2015 22:34
I was wondering - I guess I can only see that on my own tests - clever.
Jul 17 2015 22:34
that is interesting
Jul 17 2015 22:35
the only reason I could think for that to fail is if the bunyan package wasn’t updated
but that seems to be ok
Jul 17 2015 22:36
Not sure if this matters, but this bower package failed to load
Bower: { [Error: Package jquery.payment not found] stack: [Getter] }
Jul 17 2015 22:37
that’s just bad bower crap: a few down you’ll see: "Bower: jquery.payment v1.2.3 successfully installed"
Jul 17 2015 22:38
ah, yes
Jul 17 2015 22:39
re: your schema..
I think you just need to redefine variants as rentalProductVariant
Jul 17 2015 22:42
ok so just ReactionCore.Schemas.productVariant = ReactionCore.Schemas.rentalProductVariant
Jul 17 2015 22:43
    preparationBuffer:
      type: Number
      optional: true
  }
])
Jul 17 2015 22:44
ok, nice. Makes sense, and this attaches to the Products collection automatically in some way
Jul 17 2015 22:44
yup
Jul 17 2015 22:45
can I still extend productVariants or should I redefine all of those terms.
Jul 17 2015 22:45
I didn’t test, but variants should override productVariants. you’ve extended it in rentalProductVariant already.
Jul 17 2015 22:45
ok, great
Jul 17 2015 22:47
@Aesop7 did that help at all?
Jul 17 2015 22:54
re: the tests - i think you’re good. I’ll debug the CI issue
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Jul 17 2015 23:26
I think i'm missing something basic.. here's what I've been using to test: (still using js instead of coffee while I learn coffescript)
This message was deleted
I'm new to gitter -- here's the pastebin http://pastebin.com/AYZ112zH
This message was deleted
This message was deleted
Jul 17 2015 23:32
put your ticks on separate lines from your code and you should be good
Aesop7
  }
]);

// this works:
var user = ReactionCore.Collections.Accounts.findOne(Meteor.userId());
console.log(user);
// this also works:
ReactionCore.Collections.Accounts.update({_id: Meteor.userId()}, {$set: {'state': 'success'}});
// this fails.  Meteor does not throw an error, but the data is not in the collection
ReactionCore.Collections.Accounts.update({_id: Meteor.userId()}, {$set: {'pref1': 'plz work!'}});