These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

21st
Jul 2015
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 10:13
@aaronjudd In the new version of the RC on development you changed the shop data in the private folder, but you left out the defaultRoles, though it's there in the schema and in the onCreateUser function
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 13:27
got it, thanks.
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 13:32
I also mentioned that every time I change something in the code the page won't refresh, I think it has something to do with the caching? Did you change anything in that area?
I get errors like Uncaught TypeError: ReactionCore.Events.error is not a function more than 10, like RC is not loaded then simple refresh won't solve the issue but with full refresh the app is loading again
I never experienced this before
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 13:44
have you pulled the latest from both reaction and core? - that sounds like a load (order) error I fixed this weekend
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 13:45
I only pulled the core in the packages folder
I will try with the reaction as well then
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 13:46
well, I think the issue was in core, so that’s odd
any chance you added ‘ReactionCore.Events.error’ somewhere? I don’t think that’s one of the logger’s levels - should be ‘ReactionCore.Events.info /warn/ debug'
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 13:51
I just searched and that’s not in the current codebase
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 13:53
ok great I had that in a lot of places in my code
I took them out but now I get Uncaught ReferenceError: Template is not defined and Uncaught TypeError: ReactionCore.Events.warn is not a function
it's like RC is not loaded
but after a full refresh it returns back to normal
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 13:57
this is code that’s at the app level or in another package? (or in core?) - just trying to figure out at what stage it wouldn’t be defined (so I can replicate)
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 14:02
I took out the ReactionCore.Event.warn's as well and it stopped
I will debug it further and report back but the strange thing is they were there before as well
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 14:05
ok sorry - I checked and acceptablelevels = ["FATAL","ERROR","WARN", "INFO", "DEBUG", "TRACE”] (so .error should work, I’ve just not ever used it!) I added a Events. in reaction app and I get the same error as you, like it’s not loading/exporting core first there.
(but works fine in the packages)
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 14:07
It started to happen just after my last reaction-core update, but I couldn't find yet when exactly is it happening
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 14:17
ok, found it. in core/client/app.coffee, move the bunyan declaration outside of startup to the top of the file. that should work
thanks for that, - I’ve got some patches coming, will add soon.
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 14:24
sure, I was not sure if it's coming from something I wrote or not, but I made a lot of debugging and couldn't catch the issue
I also noticed some other issues I reported them in an issue #420 and added a PR #150 because I already did the debugging and found the issues
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 14:28
k, yeah, I already had caught one of those in my patches. the displayName was a new one I hadn’t seen. :thumbsup:
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 14:31
ok, great
Vlatko Koudela
@vkoudela
Jul 21 2015 14:48
@aaronjudd I noticed when I purchase something using reaction-paypal package, the payment stays in status "pending" - the status is visible on Paypal's UI and the same status is in db under paymentMethod. The thing is that refund can't be performed until transaction is not completed (the transaction ID got after purchase is refused when it's being used for refund). Is this behaviour intended or it's a bug?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 14:53
when you first make a purchase it’s a “Auth” not a “transaction”. a refund can’t be made unless it’s a “transaction” -> which we aren’t doing until the order is completed.
Vlatko Koudela
@vkoudela
Jul 21 2015 15:06
that sounds right, but even if I mark order as completed in admin, order still stays in status pending, so I’m still not sure am I missing something
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 15:30
not sure, I’ll take a look later and let you know.
Bogi
@boboci9
Jul 21 2015 18:03
@aaronjudd also since the avatar has been added I get these errors in the console:
Exception in template helper: TypeError: Cannot read property 'small' of undefined
    at Object.Template.avatar.helpers.size
Did anyone else reported this issue?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 21 2015 21:25
yes, I’ve resolved but haven’t published - I just published my “jasmine fixes” branch on core so if you need to check - it’s not complete but I’m unable to finish it right this second - if you catch any thing else before I merge, a PR to that branch would be :thumbsup: