These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Jul 2015
Aleksei Mironov
@alexmironof
Jul 27 2015 11:16

Does anybody heard about Universe CMS? It appears in latest blog post from Meteor and looks awesome!
It will be opensourced in next month and they use ES6 and partially React.

Also I found very nice post about React plugins and Flux pattern ( Building Plugins for React Apps ) and it seems that Reaction uses similar approach for its extensions.

So maybe in near future we can use this kind of cutting edge stuff :smile:

Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 27 2015 15:44
@kefirchik well, they know how to make a great landing page. I’ll reserve judgement until I see it working ;-)
Aleksei Mironov
@alexmironof
Jul 27 2015 16:17
lol :smile: I hope they made universe better than this landing :laughing:
CA99
@CA99
Jul 27 2015 17:07

So if anyone's around... New guy here (entry level-ish frontend developer is what I usually do) and I've been following this project for a bit, going through the PITA that is Windows and I have a few thoughts/points to make.

Windows Install Directions: These are actually remarkably good, but there's two things to note:

• OpenSSL must be 32-bit, as mentioned in Reaction Github issue #363 discussion. Would be good to update the installation instructions to reflect this. (Also, kudos to those who figured out that issue; I was tearing my hair out for a bit in Linux VMs.)

• GraphicsMagick must be installed on the same drive as the one the Meteor server is running on. In my case, it's sitting on the D:/ drive. Having it installed with the Path set properly is not enough. I think this is an issue that needs to be reported to https://github.com/CollectionFS/Meteor-cfs-graphicsmagick, although I'd assume ImageMagick has the same problem, so it could be a problem with cfs itself. I will need to dig around and be sure they're not already aware of the issue. (Yeah, I know, Windows can be a pain, but if we're going to support it properly, might as well deal with it.)

Anyways, that's what I got for now. I'll continue diving into the project further and looking for what I can contribute to; pretty new to the whole node and meteor stack but I'm liking it so far despite a few (mostly Windows-related) bumps in the road.

Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Jul 27 2015 17:18
@CA99 I'll update the docs - thanks for the details - it took so long to get it working I couldn't remember the exact details (even though I wrote them down) - and it seemed like everyone's case was slightly different
on the openssl install which option did you choose? install to windows or bin dir?
it'd be great if we could submit a PR to cfs-graphicsmagick package that works on windows
CA99
@CA99
Jul 27 2015 17:25
I grabbed the Windows binaries from
openssl-1.0.2d-i386-win32.zip, extracted it and added it to the path. the location does not seem to matter as long as it's set in the path.
Aaron Judd