These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Aug 2015
Aleksei Mironov
@alexmironof
Aug 13 2015 08:06
yeah! Some sort of config will be nice for countries and langs. Actually we need single currency/language/county shop.
By the way, does anybody have a shop with more than 1k products? We have unbelievable lags cause all of them are being published to client :worried:
Tim
@tmho
Aug 13 2015 12:10
thanks aaron
so im pretty new to mongo and meteor so trying ask as few questions as possible, i ended up greping the mongo url from my running applications to find the connection url then using https://www.npmjs.com/package/mongo-express to admin the db. maybe a good thing for the readme
happy to send a PR if that helps, ill try and document what i find. let me know
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 13:18
@aaronjudd Is there a specific need for the reactive variable currentProduct and currentVariant? Wouldn't it be possible to pass around that information in a data context?
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 13:26
Probably because the information should be there across page transitions. It's used like a session variable. Anyway, it makes hard to render multiple productDetail template instances on one page (Add-to-cart button, etc.), because setting currentProduct in a loop does trigger a endless refresh loop.
Let's see if I can work around.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Aug 13 2015 15:12
@tmho that's a good idea - it's a "meteor" thing - the db always starts +1 port from the app, so port 3000 for the app, then 3001 for mongo. I think this might be a little hidden on their docs as well, and I know we need to start documenting from the view of "brand new, no meteor" more
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Aug 13 2015 15:19
@kefirchik language and country config coming - we'll be revamping the way the dropdown,etc appears and hide if you only have one shop - I created #445 to track this (apparently that was just in my mind, not documented). also we'll be addressing the shop lags with more than 1k with #303
@prinzdezibel yeah - agreed that it's a little tough to work with "currentProduct" right now, I'm open to ideas, or a discussion on that . It's not on my radar at the moment, but everytime I see it, it's a tiny thorn I'd like to take care of... I imagine when we implement dynamic templates for all the product detail page components will be when that gets reworked
Aleksei Mironov
@alexmironof
Aug 13 2015 15:24
@aaronjudd thanks for the reply. I'll follow this issues :+1:
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Aug 13 2015 15:24
:thumbsup: not far away, we were just discussing it last week
just a fyi - everything in "ready" (see https://waffle.io/reactioncommerce/reaction) - those are beta goals... lots to do in 4 weeks
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 17:25
How can I select EUR as my local currency? That screen looks odd: http://picpaste.com/Screen_Shot_2015-08-13_at_19.17.49-ZTlb4Yd6.png
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 17:31
Has to do with my database. It does look good when doing meteor reset.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Aug 13 2015 18:52
not sure, it's possible the Shops.currencies structure changed, you could just copy that part of the json into your Shops collection- I know there was some changes, I think it might have actually been broken (like your screenshot) in the previous builds (0.5x)
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 19:10
@aaronjudd This is what I did. Looks good now. thx
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Aug 13 2015 20:10
Anyone working on testing, I found a typo bug in the latest dev branch pull that was causing most of my tests not to run.
in the publicationSpec.js file there is a line that starts fdescribe instead of describe
changing it will make your tests run again.
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 20:43
@spencern what's the command for running the test suite?
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Aug 13 2015 20:44
I’ve been using this line to run tests in my terminal: VELOCITY_TEST_PACKAGES=1 meteor test-packages --driver-package velocity:html-reporter
Running that doesn’t load the interface for some reason, not really sure why, but occassionally I’ll run that on one port and run regular meteor on another port so that I can have both going at the same time.
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 20:46
And what's about the old knob in the UI beside the cart? Is that still relevant somehow?
This message was deleted
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Aug 13 2015 20:47
I think it should be, but because all my tests are in packages and not in the meteor app, I think they don’t run well for some reason
Because this has been working for me thus far I haven’t put too much time into figuring it out either
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Aug 13 2015 20:48
I'll check it out. thx
haven't done anything with tests so far
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Aug 13 2015 20:49
let me know if you have any questions, I’ve been building the rental package fairly strictly TDD