These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

1st
Sep 2015
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 01 2015 02:31
Hey guys, great work. I saw some Sass vs Less talk and personally would like to throw a vote for Sass or anything not Less ;)
Mike Murray
@mikemurray
Sep 01 2015 02:33
sass for bs4
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 01 2015 04:01
Awesome. So I'm looking to extend the current product to allow to digital downloadable products. What would be the best strategy to extend that?
Bogi
@boboci9
Sep 01 2015 11:58
@aaronjudd Is there any chance that we could extend the CartWorkflow to be as extendible as OrderWorkflow simply by using the OrderWorkflowEvents?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 01 2015 12:48
@boboci9 I’m replacing the current order workflow, in the same way I’ve just replaced the CartWorkflow, where you’ll just be able to add/remove/reorder templates from the Packages.layout.workflow
@stolinski that’s not the easiest one because it also involves an updated cart, order flow. good news is (in dev) the next release will make that a lot easier as we’re making the workflows a lot more flexible to manage different cases like this. Simple answer is that you can begin with template extensions (https://github.com/aldeed/meteor-template-extension/) or clone the core into your packages dir and customize dir - but it’s more complex than just that ;-)
Bogi
@boboci9
Sep 01 2015 13:37
Have you noticed that in the checkout drawer when you click on a product it gives you Page not found? Should I investigate/debug it or it has been handled already by some other issue?
I think there is something wrong in the pathForSEO function that is causing this issue
Bogi
@boboci9
Sep 01 2015 13:49
This message was deleted
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 01 2015 14:03
@boboci9 nope, never seen that
Bogi
@boboci9
Sep 01 2015 14:05
according to my debugging I think the issue is that the @/this object in this case it the cart item and not the product item and that is causing the Page not found
Bogi
@boboci9
Sep 01 2015 14:27
@aaronjudd sorry please disregard my previous comment I just noticed that one of our old team members overwrote this function somewhere so the original RC function for pathForSEO works just great
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 01 2015 15:41
@aaronjudd As long as it's possible, I can hack away at it. Is anyone using Reaction already and doing digital downloads?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 01 2015 15:46
not sure, there’s been a couple discussions about it, and there’s been some tracking of this in #191 , while that’s a backlogged issue, we’ve made a lot of progress towards making it easy to swap out pieces of the workflow (next release will have an pretty major update that really puts this firmly in use throughout, even on product pages)
this sets up the cart to handle multiple flows (two vendors, 1 product physical, 1 product download) for example
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 01 2015 15:57
ah yeah. I see. That's in the dev branch?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 01 2015 15:58
coming soon to the dev branch, being prepped in feature-accounts, but not really ready for use(almooooosttt there)
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 01 2015 15:59
awesome. Thanks! Will hack away on the template extension in the meantime for fun
Aaron Judd