These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2015
nicnganga
@nicnganga
Sep 13 2015 07:06
hi, i have this problem where when making payment the button keeps indicating 'submitting' but doesn't take me to 'checkout success' page, currently im using Stripe payment in test mode..please assist
P.S I'm new to meteor
Gopi Donthireddy
@gopidon
Sep 13 2015 14:01
@aaronjudd hey Aaron, how do I extend reaction core existing sub schemas in my project ? For eg., I would like to add an additional field to ReactionCore.Schemas.Address. I tried the following in my code (lib folder )
ReactionCore.Schemas.Address = new SimpleSchema([...., additionalField...]);
No luck !
The first parameter to above code was again ReactionCore.Schemas.Address
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 13 2015 15:01
@nicnganga do any errors show in the browser console, or terminal?

@gopidon here's an example where we're extending ReactionCore.Schemas.PackageConfig and adding new fields:

ReactionCore.Schemas.PaypalPackageConfig = new SimpleSchema([
  ReactionCore.Schemas.PackageConfig, {
    "settings.express_enabled": {
      type: Boolean,
      defaultValue: true
    }}])

you'll want to extend ReactionCore.Schemas.Address , not override it.

nicnganga
@nicnganga
Sep 13 2015 16:19
no errors show up, the payment goes through cos it registers in my stripe account so the problem is somewhere in my reaction site
Gopi Donthireddy
@gopidon
Sep 13 2015 16:22
Hi.. But what do I do with the extended Schema? I need it to replace type of profile. Address key of Accounts Schema . Any idea on how to get this extended Schema to be the type of profile. address key of the accounts Schema . I don't want to change any of the core files
nicnganga
@nicnganga
Sep 13 2015 16:22
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 13 2015 17:34
@nicnganga are you using the developmentbranch? if so, do you also have a local checkout of the stripe package development branch. the callback / submission to core changed in this version, so everything has to match up
@gopidon do you need to replace, or do you just need to add fields to the profile?
nicnganga
@nicnganga
Sep 13 2015 19:15
@aaronjudd yes the development branch, the stripe is in test mode
Gopi Donthireddy
@gopidon
Sep 13 2015 20:17
Aaron , I would like to add new fields to the subschema profile.addressBook of the accounts Schema