These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2015
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 16 2015 04:12
With the new reaction-accounts package, is it possible to specify which template you want called from within spacebars? Ideally, I'd like to do something like {{> Template.dynamic template=loginFormSignUpView}} in order to render the "Sign Up" template instead of the standard "sign in." I tried {{> loginFormSignUpView}} on its own, but i had to manually wrap it with a .loginForm div and none of the events work.
I'm happy to learn how to do a UI.registerHelper and make a pull request if it would be valuable
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 04:23

how about

Template.customView.replaces("loginInline");

and then

<template name="customView">
...
    <div class="col-md-6 pull-right checkout-login">
      {{> loginForm startView='the start view template here'}}
    </div>
...
</template>
Mike Murray
@mikemurray
Sep 16 2015 05:37
This message was deleted
@Aesop7 let me know how goes with new login forms. And please feel free to add improve on it if needed.
hrath2015
@hrath2015
Sep 16 2015 12:20
Have we removed Console in latest build. It used to be there in dropdown.html "{{> consoleIcon}}"
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 15:10
yeah, it’s been removed in favor of the sidebar view
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 15:55
it should still work though (code wise) if you want to keep it.
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 16 2015 16:59
I'm having a really odd issue with Paypal Express. The window pops up, allows you to sign in, then just shows the login form again. Anyone else seeing this?
Error: https://www.paypalobjects.com/web/res/786/517c6192410c095010fb4d030f2ce/js/framework.js is being assigned a //# sourceMappingURL, but already has one
Error: https://www.paypalobjects.com/web/res/786/517c6192410c095010fb4d030f2ce/js/main.js is being assigned a //# sourceMappingURL, but already has one
Use of getUserData() or setUserData() is deprecated.  Use WeakMap or element.dataset instead. RequestNotifier.jsm:50
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.
I'm in the 0.6.4 core and 0.8.0 paypal
hrath2015
@hrath2015
Sep 16 2015 17:34
@aaronjudd Thanks for the reply.
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 16 2015 18:18
running meteor update totally breaks the master release
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 18:57
that's what I was afraid of :-( to keep master working, you'll need to explicitly set version in .meteor/packages. reactioncommerce:core@0.6.4 should keep things running properly with the current master compatible packages
@stolinski the paypal express is a two part window, after the login, it should be a payment confirmation, redirecting back to the ordercompleted route. those versions worked for me
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 16 2015 20:01
I decided to use the loginForm the way it is for now; but i might make a pull request after this store passes MVP
Is anyone familiar with customizing the checkout process? I'm using the following as a jump off point, but plz let me know if i'm off base... https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction-core/blob/development/docs/workflow.md
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 16 2015 20:08
@aaronjudd Even on a fresh install of master, I get the same thing with the Paypal package. Login to paypal via the window doesn't do anything , then the above error in console. Same results on Firefox, Chrome, Chrome Canary.
The only reason I attempted to upgrade was because of the errors in the paypal process
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 20:13
@stolinski that error looks like it's completely from the paypal side, and I've not seen it, so I'm not sure how to replicate. you're certain you've got the right credentials / service setup? (have you check in the db to verify)
@Aesop7 that's the best doc I have on it right now - since this new workflow is fresh from the coding machine. I'm going to merge in feature-order-listview branch later today, which will clean that up a bit, and makes it more re-usable. Maybe take a look at the changes I've made there to get an idea of how it's all working (that branch is the order processing workflow)
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 20:19
essentially, all you really need to do to add a step though, is add an layout entry to the Packages collection, for example
{
      template: “myCustomCheckoutStepTemplate",
      label: “Custom Step",
      provides: 'coreCartWorkflow',
      container: 'cartWorkflow.main',
      audience: ["guest", "anonymous"]
    }
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 16 2015 20:20
Yep, i was just on the AUR finding a robomongo package to start fiddling around :)
LOL... the "coding machine"... i'm picturing a 1920's industrial steel mill
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 20:20
robomongo is what I use, just connect localhost, meteor port + 1
the machine is sort of slow and overbuilt, for sure
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 16 2015 20:22
Yeah, I only heard of robomongo a couple of months ago. Big time saver. But I also somehow my build of it on my laptop, so I decided to use the Arch user package instead...
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 20:22
I use a custom build as well, not sure if it’s that one, but needs a custom to use replicasets
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 16 2015 20:26
this line on that branch is throwing me a little:
This message was deleted
+  // potentially we can make the default a workflow collection
+  var layoutConfigCollection = layout.collection || "Cart";
what types of collections would there be for the layout other than workflow?
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 16 2015 20:33
Sorry if it's a dumb question, i'm just trying to understand the checkout process on more general terms. Is the checkout UI itself going to be abstracted away?
Scott Tolinski
@stolinski
Sep 16 2015 20:38
@aaronjudd Paypal's docs don't exactly make it easy to make sure you have the right stuff, but I've used these api creds before for express checkout without issue.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 22:48
@Aesop7 that's for additional workflows, (orders, publishing,etc)
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 16 2015 22:55
so yes it's actually pretty abstracted now, the package.layout contains the workflow (which might also be cart, orders, publishing) and defines what template and collection is used to display the workflow step (and where to record the status).
which means you should be able to add/remove steps from other packages, or from the app very easily.
@stolinski I'm stumped, I wish I could replicate. do you have any error logs or anything that might be happening in the background