These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

Sep 2015
Paul Grever
@paulgrever
Sep 18 2015 16:23
Quick question regarding testing reaction packages - I noticed that most client integration tests are located in the Reaction App itself. If we want to utilize client integration tests is there way to keep them within the package or do they need to be at the higher reaction-app level? I have been having a bit of trouble running them via package, if anyone has an example it would be very helpful.
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 18 2015 16:39
Is anyone else getting this error when first opening the checkout page? Can't replace template loginInLine because it hasn't been defined yet. aldeed_template-extension.js:118:7
btw, i'm totally new to development... is this the type of thing that I should maybe post in https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction/issues?
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Sep 18 2015 16:48
Is it possible to add a package dependency to the meteor application via configuration file? Instead of doing "meteor add <package>" ?
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 18 2015 16:48
yep @prinzdezibel
.meteor/packages
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Sep 18 2015 16:50
And how would I add non-meteor (non-atmosphere) packages to my app? Are there serveral ways of doing that ? I've heard about meteorhacks/npm, but reactioncommerce seems to use another way (bower?)
Michael Jenny
@prinzdezibel
Sep 18 2015 16:56
(I need them client side)
Maxime Quandalle
@mquandalle
Sep 18 2015 20:13
Hi there!
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 18 2015 20:14
Hello!
Maxime Quandalle
@mquandalle
Sep 18 2015 20:14
I'm http://wekan.io author, and I just discovered this open-source meteor app — I'm not familar with the code
I'm curious, are the features listed in https://reactioncommerce.com/features already public?
For instance “Inline Field Editing”?
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 18 2015 20:15
Anything listed in green (Beta 0.7.0) is available in the development branch right now.
Inline Field Editing works, but you must be logged in as an admin for the shop you are trying to edit.
Maxime Quandalle
@mquandalle
Sep 18 2015 20:17
BTW your square logo here looks very similar to the React's one
Is that intentional, since you doesn't seem to use React?
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 18 2015 20:19
I think that’s just ‘R’ in the Proxima Nova font, but not sure.
Oh, whoops. You are talking about the atom/electron/whatever icon
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 18 2015 20:21
not sure about that one
Maxime Quandalle
@mquandalle
Sep 18 2015 20:22
That's confusing because 1. the logo is similar to ReactJS, and 2. the name “reaction” starts with “react” so I would assume this is built on react ;-)
Spencer Norman
@spencern
Sep 18 2015 20:23
Well it’s reactive
I can understand where you are coming from though it could be confusing if someone is very familier with React and sees that logo. I don’t think we’ve ruled out React on the frontend, we just aren’t building the core on it currently. Meteor 1.2 may change that? But that’s a better question for @mikemurray
Bryan Wu
@cooloney
Sep 18 2015 20:54
Hello, This is Bryan from maodou.io. One simple question, is 0.7 the beta release or 0.8? I assume 0.8
Sara Hicks
@saralouhicks
Sep 18 2015 21:00
@cooloney Hello! v0.7 is still Alpha. We’re targeting v0.8 for our Beta release.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 18 2015 21:15
@mquandalle welcome and thanks for the great bower package - we use that in core!
Bryan Wu
@cooloney
Sep 18 2015 21:20
@saralouhicks thanks, so do you know the time frame of 0.8?
Sara Hicks
@saralouhicks
Sep 18 2015 21:22
@cooloney We’re targeting 9/29. Getting there!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 18 2015 21:27
@prinzdezibel you can use npm in any meteor package directly - you don’t need to use meteor hacks: npm unless you want to have npm direct in the app. In core we use both npm, and @mquandalle ’s bower package. generally I use bower for the libraries if I can
@Aesop7 yes, probably best as a GH issue, but the short answer - is no - I haven’t seen that. if you create an issue, see if you can document the ways to recreate the bug

@paulgrever you can write them in the packages, no problem - but you don’t get to use the pretty velocity console for the results. you’ll need to use the command line to test. ie:

VELOCITY_TEST_PACKAGES=1 meteor test-packages --driver-package velocity:html-reporter --velocity --port 3006 reactioncommerce:core

or to test on change:

VELOCITY_TEST_PACKAGES=1 meteor test-packages --port 3006 reactioncommerce:core
Bryan Wu
@cooloney
Sep 18 2015 21:39
@saralouhicks thanks!
Aesop7
@Aesop7
Sep 18 2015 22:19
Thanks @aaronjudd. Looks like using a fresh install isn't giving me the LoginInLIne error in the console, but I am seeing the same errors visually. I created my first Git issue! ( #462 ) :)
Aaron Judd