These are chat archives for reactioncommerce/reaction

23rd
Sep 2015
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Sep 23 2015 10:25
I see two roles anonymous and guest which look like the samething. Can someone point out the difference?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 23 2015 12:57
anonymous is every user, before authentication. a guest is any user who has authenticated. (“i.e.: a member”)
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Sep 23 2015 17:42
Then there might be a bug. For a user who just comes to the website, he is getting both guest and anonymous. He did not login yet
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 23 2015 17:54
that is correct, once a user has logged in, the anonymous role is removed
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Sep 23 2015 17:58
Yep, I see that now. But what is the logic behind giving an unauthenticated user “guest” role?
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 23 2015 18:12
permissions. do you see things like the “user/profile” route? if you have checked out, but did not create an account, you are still an anonymous user and will not see things that an authenticated account has. So you anonymous just indicates that you are a ‘visitor’.
because we are using permissions to determine views, we needed that
the roles will also be used to control “group” membership… ie: wholesalers might be “guest” and “wholesaler” and using the package.registry.layout, you could add / change / views. based on role.
so short answer: main view of all consumers is “guest”. you need that permission to see anything. ‘anonymous’ prevents you from using some views that visitors shouldn’t see
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Sep 23 2015 18:48
Yep I am seeing that now.
Goutham Veeramachaneni
@gouthamve
Sep 23 2015 20:36
Also I am getting the same error as @hrath2015 above while trying to update my COD package. The order goes through but the pdf being generated is not getting the values, I dont know if that is a seperate bug or if it is related to cart/submitPayment method.
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 23 2015 20:37
I know the pdf is not working, but the submitPayment method “should” be working (works for paypal(s) and stripe).
I’m about to dig back into it, right after I publish all the meteor 1.2 updates
perpi
@perpi
Sep 23 2015 20:46
This message was deleted
perpi
@perpi
Sep 23 2015 20:52
This message was deleted
perpi
@perpi
Sep 23 2015 20:58
@aaronjudd AND, Is it plugin-able to add native calendars: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=calendar&title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=Search ? Here are things for a full i18n and L10n: 1. RTL-LTR 2. Translations 3. Calendar 4. plugin-able for native payment methods which people usually don't work with international services such as paypal and so on in some countries!
Aaron Judd
@aaronjudd
Sep 23 2015 21:22
@diff- 1 yes (styles), 2-(yes http://i18next.com ), 3 - Not yet - moment?, 4 - yes. We have docs here: https://github.com/reactioncommerce/reaction-core/blob/development/docs/i18n.md